5" Girth Considered Small?

willstover

1st Like
Media
Been dating this woman for 4 months and everything has been going great for me until this past Friday.

After our romp session, we were laying in bed talking about how much we like sex together and then I decided to ask her what she honestly thought of my cock. I'm just over 7 1/2" long and 5.1" girth. While she said she was very happy with our sex life, she also admitted that she wished I had more girth and I was on the skinny side.

This of course devastated my ego since women have complemented me in the past and I like this woman more than anybody I have been with in the past 6 years. I know I shouldn't care since she claims to enjoy the sex but now I am scarred.

Is 5 inches really considered to be on the small side? Might be the wrong place to ask considering the basis of this community, but I like you guys here and your honesty :wink:

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No it's not. It's just above average, in fact. Small would be 4" girth. Your problem is that your cock is so very long it makes it appear thin. While if a guy with 6 inches long cock had 5 inch girth it would look really thick.

I agree. Am 6.25 with 4.75girth. Proportionately I'm pretty much the same as you. Working on girth through PE exercise, just started focusing on girth as I dont want a pencil dick when I get to 7", gained on length about 3/4".

Hey, don't worry about it. Your length is admirable. And so is your girth.
Did she mentioned what size would be ideal?

It could be position your having sex that may take advantage of your girth. Enhance what you got, you know. It's like the angle of a photo will fo the same for any size cock. Some will make smaller others larger.

Reactions: Smith_zain

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Been dating this woman for 4 months and everything has been going great for me until this past Friday.

After our romp session, we were laying in bed talking about how much we like sex together and then I decided to ask her what she honestly thought of my cock. I'm just over 7 1/2" long and 5.1" girth. While she said she was very happy with our sex life, she also admitted that she wished I had more girth and I was on the skinny side.

This of course devastated my ego since women have complemented me in the past and I like this woman more than anybody I have been with in the past 6 years. I know I shouldn't care since she claims to enjoy the sex but now I am scarred.

Is 5 inches really considered to be on the small side? Might be the wrong place to ask considering the basis of this community, but I like you guys here and your honesty :wink:
You are on the high side of average, or just above average. Don't worry, be happy

Reactions: Assman1

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Thanks Philipu - I think we need a button panel next to the "Smilies" to just post the published stats as they come up.
5.5" around is not average - it's way above it. By most reliable measurements, that's about 1.5 standard deviations above the average. As a percent, that's around the top 95%. Compare with 95th percentile for an American man's height, which is about 6'4". Obviously you'll run across several men that tall in your life, and there are men taller than that out there, but a guy that tall would have to be detached from reality to think he's 6'4" and just average.

Consider also that a micropenis is one 2.5 deviations below the mean. This is one so rarely small that it's considered a medical condition just to have one. If we flip that, a "macropenis" (my word) would be 2.5 above -- ie an abnormally large dick. 2.5sd above the mean for girth according to the only study there with the data for it (measured by staff, and the erection came from injecting drugs directly in to the dick) is 15.6cm around (6.1" girth.) Such dicks definitely exist but they are very, very rare. If they weren't, there wouldn't be a support group :)

What it really comes down to: do you believe objective, third party studies, or unsubstantiated reports on dick size by people on the internet? If you answered the latter, your real problem is more likely between your ears than between your legs.

Reactions: AusWang85

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hmm, maybe women think that telling a guy he's too big for anal is just the most flattering way they can think of not to do it. It might be just because I love girls with great asses, but I've been with a few girls who were anal-virgins who said that every guy they'd ever been with wanted anal from them. There was one girl I was really close to who loved anal from even before we'd met, and she said later (drunk and outside a sexual context) she was worried about anal for that reason. Possibly the most flattering thing anyone's ever said to me :)

As for not causing vaginal discomfort, I hope that being a good lay and not leaping in unprepared is something you're happy about, not discouraged by. I'm not too much thicker than that (15cm -- ~5.9"), and it's a huge turn on to get a woman wet and ready, then take things slow at first. With my girlfriend, she kind of likes feeling sore during, but always regrets it later. It generally happens if we've been apart for a week. With past women, I've had a couple who felt really hard to get in to, and certain positions weren't really feasible, but like everything else it varies a lot from woman to woman.

Most men with their dicks are like most women with their entire bodies. We have hangups and even the slightest perceived criticism will always bother us.

Reactions: MDM8

D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ask your lady friend, "are you on crack?" Some men would kill for a 5 inch girth; no, it isn't an 8 inch girth...but I would be climbing the walls if I had a man with that kind of girth. Worst of all, supposed he didn't know what to do with it: bum rush his cock inside me like a freight train!!

Reactions: Assman1

VIIby5

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
IMO 5" is acceptable/OK for most women. Pretty sure it isnt the optimum size for most women though and who the hell just wants to be just "ok". What I really hate in my case is the appearance. 5" just looks skinny as F to me at least compared to what you see online where almost every dick is 2+" wide. Really makes you wonder if those studies are accurate.

Reactions: HMS

HMS

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[photo=large]7748621[/photo][photo=large]8067181[/photo]
Well, we share the same size as well, 7.5 inches/19 cm fully erect BPEL length with 5.1 inches/13 cm circumference. Most of the comments here said that my cock's very big, even huge, but for me, it's the girth's most important. For all women, girth is more important than length

Reactions: Scott8361

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No it's not. It's just above average, in fact. Small would be 4" girth. Your problem is that your cock is so very long it makes it appear thin. While if a guy with 6 inches long cock had 5 inch girth it would look really thick.

hsarge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Try a cock ring. Also do erect squashes and jelq. You will have success.

Big_Red

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So, let me get this straight: YOU asked her what she honestly thought, she delivered the news HONESTLY and said she wished you were thicker, while also stressing that she "was very happy with our sex life"- and you're somehow upset over this??? Please get a grip. There will always be a bigger bat some guy is waving around. Nothing you can do about it. If your gf said she wished you were bigger AND that the sex was lousy, then you would have a legitimate thing to complain about.

D_Sharon Taint

Account Disabled
Media
Lots of guys seem to get stuck up on this subject, so I think one thing is worth mentioning...

Average =/= Normal

I have no idea what the stats are, but if the average dick is 5" around, normal might be anywhere from 4.2" to 5.8". There's so much variability in size that if you're anywhere within a wide range, you're normal.