5 Women Killed in Lane Bryant Shooting

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Mem, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

A gunman fatally shot five women in a robbery at a store in a suburban Chicago strip mall before fleeing Saturday, prompting police to sweep through neighboring shops as terrified customers watched.

The victims were killed at a Lane Bryant clothing store at the Brookside Marketplace, police Sgt. T.J. Grady said. Officers found the victims at the back of the store after getting a 911 call around 10:45 a.m., Grady said.

Grady said robbery was believed to be the motive. Police searched for the gunman using a helicopter and dogs, and stopped buses, but concluded that the man left the stores off Interstate 80 southwest of downtown Chicago.

In a Target store across the parking lot from Lane Bryant, terrified customers were herded to the front as police with pistols and rifles drawn went up and down the aisles and into storerooms searching for the gunman.

“I was so scared I couldn’t think,” said Selena Kujaw, of nearby Mokena, who had just entered the store with her 5-year-old son when it was locked down. After about an hour, customers were told to leave.

“They told us to get in our cars and get out of here,” Kujawa said.

Meanwhile, the Chicago police department warned its officers to pay attention to strip malls and other Lane Bryant stores, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said. The Cook County Sheriff’s Department was helping with the investigation, providing a helicopter and K-9 patrol unit Saturday, spokeswoman Penny Mateck said.

Grady said police are downloading video from cameras mounted at nearby stores.
    The Lane Bryant was open at the time of the shootings. Grady declined to say whether the victims were customers or employees. He gave no ages and said authorities are still trying to reach the victims’ families.

Police were allowing some shoppers into parts of the strip mall later Saturday, but had cordoned off the store.

Tracy Caccavella was shopping at a Pet Smart store late Saturday morning across the parking lot from the Lane Bryant when she saw police enter the pet supply store.

“Six police entered the store with their hands on their gun holsters,” Caccavella said.

The small red and brown brick Lane Bryant is part of a cluster of four or five stores isolated on one side of a large blacktop parking lot, with big box stores including Target and a Best Buy several hundred yards away.

Two large county vans backed up to the front of the building Saturday afternoon and a white canopy was placed over the front of the building.

Messages left at Lane Bryant Brand headquarters were not immediately returned.

Police are looking for a black man about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing 230 to 260 pounds. They said the man was wearing a black waist-length winter coat, a black cap and black jeans

2. SexandCandy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That SUCKS.

My prayers go out to their families... that's horrible. I hope they catch the SOB.

3. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yea, this senseless violence is horrible. The scary thing is that it can happen at any time to any of our loved ones. The only thing that can make it a little better is if they find this bastard.

4. snoozan

Gold Member

Lane Bryant? Oh, they were fatasses. Who cares if they are dead? Those cows deserved it. No more fudge brownie sundaes for them! Lazy, useless cunts. I call this social darwinism, not a crime.

5. mattyacht

mattyacht New Member

Snoozan,
    Are you the devil?
    That was beyond evil!!!

6. SexandCandy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey Snoozan... *I* sometimes browse at Lane Bryant. If you've seen my rack, check the gallery, it's fairly well endowed... which means on top, sometimes for cute tops that flatter my tits, I get stuff there.

And, they have some great bras too (though I prefer Vicki's)

I'm 5'10"... and while I don't fit into their clothing on the bottoms, my sister who is 6'5" and assuredly not a fat ass, as you call it... she's actually a lingerie model in Vegas... likes to shop there for clothes too sometimes, because she's proportionate... and therefore can wear the 14-16... lower end of the Lane Bryant scale, but she can also get them in tall and extra tall lengths.

Murder of any kind is a horrible act... Those you called "fatasses" were someone's mother, sister or friend...Think about someone close to you being fatally shot while on a shopping trip... and then some asshole online saying they deserved it.

What a fucking idiot. :mad:

7. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're fairly new here, S & C, so it's understandable you didn't recognize the veiled sarcasm in Snoozan's post.

Suffice it to say, her remarks weren't intended to be taken on their face. Relax a little.

@ Snoozy...good show! :tongue: Anytime I hear something like that, I always think of Chiun's line from Remo Williams: "Assassination is the highest form of public service."

8. SexandCandy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thankfully! If i misread, I apologize... but for the sake of some of us newbies, please post again if you're really being sarcastic and people aren't gettin it. LOL...

9. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yeah, you need to be very sarcastic here to make that point clear. Irony and sarcasm does not translate well in written form here.

Her post makes her look bad. Unless you know her, there is no way you could see anything but hate.

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

May they rest peacefully.

11. No_Strings

Gold Member

High five!

Now we make sexytime?

Draft saved Draft deleted