50 Days - What has Obama done?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pitbull, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Pitbull

Gold Member

OK all you Obama fans.
    What has Mr. Obama accomplished or done that all Americans can point to with pride in his first 50 days? :confused:
    Think before you answer.
    I have been totally unimpressed.

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I don't have to think about it because I know exactly how you feel. Where's the water into wine thing? Not one photo-op of him walking on water. I voted for him and I, for one, am pissed.

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Since day one you didn't like Obama so why should anyone even attempt to answer this question? If anyone looks at his activities in a positive manner, you will resort to your usual belittling and name calling. Unless we're actually bashing him like you would, you will never agree with them.

Obama hasn't done everything perfect and 50 days is way too short to be judging his effectiveness as a President. But let it be known, he's done a he'll of a lot more work than our previous administration in their first 50. Whether or not you think his actions will do good or harm is anyone's guess. So please, stop with the baited questions. This thread will potentially go nowhere.

4. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I think fifty days is a bit too soon to judge based on the state of the problems he inherited when he came into office. However I would like you to consider what lasting accomplishments have the respective Bush's and Clinton's contributed in the 24 years they held office?

5. seterwind

seterwind New Member

Albums:
  6. Pitbull

Gold Member

Looking at the article.

OK something all can agree on as positive

"• He's on track to keep one of our most closely watched promises: adopting a dog for his daughters . First lady Michelle Obama said the dog — likely to be a Portuguese Water Dog — will probably arrive next month."

However not necessarily presidential

7. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

my worst fears are actually being confirmed

8. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

What has Obama done???

Oh, good freaking lord, I could not even hope to get half the things done that Obama has -- even if I were drinking gallons of vanilla lattes to give me periodic adrenaline rushes throughout the day & getting regularly (& energetically) sexed-up to give me that brio and verve and chutzpah needed to bring forth his agenda.

First, let's start with an interested bystander, a non-partisan observer to these first 50 Days... the BBC. The BBC begins by comparing Obama favorably to Franklin D. Roosevelt:

"Mr. Roosevelt ... was relentlessly upbeat," the BBB says. "Mr. Obama -- coming to power at a time when many voters are bewildered by a financial collapse they barely understand -- radiates competence and confidence. He grasps the importance of looking presidential, and already plays the role convincingl"

In Obama's first week in office, he ordered Guantanamo shut down within a year. He also signed an order requiring the Army Field Manual be used (no torture! no waterboarding!) -- Like FDR's "fireside chats", Obama started the Saturday morning video address to the nation available on the government's website and youtube. He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act which promoted fair pay regardless of gender, race or age.

Obama addressed marines at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, and outlined an exit strategy for the Iraq War. Obama promised to withdraw all combat troops from Iraq by August 31, 2010 (this plan was broadly endorsed by Congress and supported by John McCain). An "advisory, training and support" transitional force of 50,000 would leave by 2011.

A $787 billion dollar stimulus bill (TARP 2). Obama overturn's Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research (Bush's ban was considered a "major achievement" of his administration... and, of course, "W" immediately took off for a long Camp David vacation after the signing - as signing legislation was apparently fatiguing for "W").

"Every week seems to bring more major announcements," writes the Baltimore Sun.

The St. Petersburg Times' PolitiFact says Obama has kept 17 campaign promises so far and broken 2.

The administration's annual budget dramatically shifted federal spending priorities towards education, health and energy policies (instead of "defense") and launched health care reform with 600+ billion in funding. (so, finding a solution for a nationalized healthcare system - or an equivalent - is in the works). This week, he also outlined a plan to overhaul the U.S. educational system.

This man is on political steroids. This man has boundless natural energy. (Whoever said blacks were "shiftless and lazy"? -- Obama is SUPERMAN.)

9. Pitbull

Gold Member

Good freaking lord Willtom.
    Are you going to put a picture in your gallery of you wearing an Obama Cheerleading Outfit?

What you find great may not be welcomed by many Americans - such as
    TARP 2.

Of your list there might be two items that I would consider as reasonable answers to my initial post and one comes with an asterisk.*

* Fair Pay Act - Signing legislation the first week in office is not something that he can really be entitled to credit for. The work was passing it.
    I am not familiar with the legislation - the name at least sounds good.

Exit strategy for Iraq.
    So far so good if it works.
    Which is a big if. There is much risk.
    If soon after we leave Iraq they turn into a terrorist state - it will be judged a foolish failure.

Keeping promises made to the 53% does not count as accomplishments that "all Americans can point to with pride". Which is what I initially asked for.

10. joybunny

joybunny New Member

If I recall W had at least 3 successful vacations in his first 50 days of office (Term 1). Sales went up in Crawford and Waco, Texas so I guess that would be a sort of economic stimulus package. Maybe our current president needs to do the same to get some more approval. :wink:

#10 joybunny, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

transplant from either coast?!?!

12. dong20

Gold Member

Pitbull, the logic behind your signature line is fallacious. :wink:

#12 dong20, Mar 11, 2009
  13. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Pitbull:

Overturning "W"'s ban on embryonic stem cell research was not just a victory for stem cell research, but a major victory for science and a return to policies of sanity.

You seem like a good guy, no offense meant here (this is kind of unfair): but while Obama was overturning this embryonic stem cell ban and giving preliminary speeches on "overhauling the U.S. educational system" and talking about reaching out to moderate elements in the Taliban (to come to some workable solution in Afghanistan) in the past 7 days -- you were posting multiple comments on "Older Women - Better Blowjobs?" and "Obsessed with girlfriend's x-boyfriend's cock".

Just to keep things in perspective! (and, yes, I was slumming it here, too). You have to admire this guy's vitality, zing and get-up-and-go. He's all over the map crusading for a better America.

(this public service announcement has been brought to you by Cheerleader Will, unapologetic supporter - so far - of the Big O)

14. Pitbull

Gold Member

Responses in color

#14 Pitbull, Mar 11, 2009
  15. Pitbull

Gold Member

Hey cowboy.
    Don't pick on JoyBunny. :mad:
    Would love to have that Bunny transplant into my backyard :biggrin1:

And technically Texas is on the east coast of the United States and the Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Hope I didn't ruin your day with this information - east coaster :tongue:

16. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Sour grapes are so jejune. You're just angry it wasn't a Pitbull.

#16 B_Nick8, Mar 11, 2009
  17. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
  18. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

PITBULL,

If you would pay attn to the news you'd know the answer to your question, GEEEEZ

Do you wear lipstick PB?

19. pym

pym New Member

Hey pitbull.......i here Obama is considering legislation that will OUTLAW Pitbulls! Nice!

20. dong20

Gold Member

They're already illegal in the UK. Well, almost.

They must be:

• neutered
    • insured
    • muzzled and kept on a lead in public
    • microchipped
    • registered.
    Since they cannot be legally imported, they will eventually die out in the UK.

Draft saved Draft deleted