50 Things that girls wish guys knew

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This has been a chance for me to see what my prejudices are about girls I've dated in the past. Also I remember high school experiences with girls very well, both my own and my buddies. I don't think it was a coincidence that the majority of girls would "cut guys off" from sex to punish them. It's just what happens. It's very common. I still hear it from guys in college now. I think it does require some time and effort to meet women who are less manipulative but most guys are fairly desperate to have a girlfriend and will settle for anyone.

It's obvious this thread pissed me off, and I failed to see the humor in the original list. It just reminded me of all the mistakes I made with my girlfriends of the past, and how much of a doormat I allowed myself to be. Sorry for the ranting but at least it felt good!

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
SereneBlue. This guy is emotionally abusive. Get out while you can.

Agreed. SereneBlue, the behaviors you describe from this guy are classic techniques that emotionally abusive men use to wear down your self-esteem. They play on your own doubts and insecurities, and eventually you start to believe the stuff that they say. Even though he's a jerk, you think you're lucky to have him, because you feel so bad about yourself you don't think anybody else is going to like you.

You need to understand that he's not saying these terrible things about you because he believes them. If he believed them he wouldn't hang out with you. No, he does these horrible things to you because he's a scared, weak, insecure, pathetic little shit whose trying to make himself feel big by making you feel small. He's also trying to make you dependent on him in order to keep you around, because on some level he knows how pathetic he is, and he's afraid that if you ever see him for what he really is, you'll leave.

So see him for what he really is. Ditch his sorry ass already and don't look back. You don't need him and your better off without him. He's toxic for you. Stick with friends who are nuturing and supportive. Remember, healthy friendships should bring out the best in you. If you don't have any friends like that right now, then go get some. Take a class, join a book club or church group, or whatever you can find in your area. It may take a while and it isn't easy, but keep putting yourself out there until you make a good connection.

Also, if possible, consider getting a pet. It would probably be good for you to care for something that wants nothing from you other than you're love and attention (and food). You could probably use a little unconditional love right now.

[I really need to start taking my own advice.]

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
SereneBlue, you need to get away from that guy. It sounds like you will already have baggage from taking that abuse and it will only get worse. A sad situation, I shake my head wondering why you stay with him and why he would be like that. He shouldn't take out his anger on you. You shouldn't put up with it.
This has been a chance for me to see what my prejudices are about girls I've dated in the past. Also I remember high school experiences with girls very well, both my own and my buddies. I don't think it was a coincidence that the majority of girls would "cut guys off" from sex to punish them. It's just what happens. It's very common. I still hear it from guys in college now. I think it does require some time and effort to meet women who are less manipulative but most guys are fairly desperate to have a girlfriend and will settle for anyone.

It's obvious this thread pissed me off, and I failed to see the humor in the original list. It just reminded me of all the mistakes I made with my girlfriends of the past, and how much of a doormat I allowed myself to be. Sorry for the ranting but at least it felt good!
If guys made sex great for women, then the guys could be the ones threatening to cut the women off from sex. :wink::tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to disagree with 20. There's a guy I like right now who always wins. So this bit about women being the only ones who are irrational is puzzling to me. Whenever he gets mad (and it happens a lot) - I never know when what I'm doing or saying will set him off - he always wins.

I'm the 'bad guy' in the friendship and nothing I ever do is right. The longer I know him the more I walk on eggshells around him. I never know when he'll blow up. He's always letting me know how amazingly disappointing I am. If I try to defend myself he twists it as proof of what a 'retarded cunt' I am. If I remain silent I am again proving my lower IQ and a 'dumb cunt'. :frown1:
OMG! Run do not walk, get away from this man! He is bad news. Your post sounds like every battered woman story I have ever seen on tv. You do not need a man like that in your life! No one needs a man like that in their life. Your love will not change him. LEAVE NOW!!!

SereneBlue. This guy is emotionally abusive. Get out while you can.
Agreed!

On New Year's Eve he told me whenever I laugh and smile I have the face of an old, greying bullfrog.
If you stay with this man he will physically beat you. Cut off all communications, change your phone #, cell #, do not respond to his e-mails. Trust me, it is ALWAYS better to have no man, than a bad man.

SereneBlue, you need to get away from that guy. It sounds like you will already have baggage from taking that abuse and it will only get worse. A sad situation, I shake my head wondering why you stay with him and why he would be like that. He shouldn't take out his anger on you. You shouldn't put up with it. She had little to know self esteem to begin with. Unfortunately, this happens a lot.:frown1:

If guys made sex great for women, then the guys could be the ones threatening to cut the women off from sex. :wink::tongue:
Is that the answer? I never did the sex as a weapon thing because I enjoyed it too much.:wink: Hmmm, I guess you are right. Then again my ex-boyfriend never withheld sex either.

I'm a perfect girlfriend what can I say. :biggrin1::wink:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Serene Blue, the behaviors you describe are not that of a healthy relationship. The emotional abuse he inflicts on you now could easily become physical abuse in the future.

For your emotional, psychological and even for your future physical health, get out of this relationship immediately.

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think it was a coincidence that the majority of girls would "cut guys off" from sex to punish them.

There was a quote on Fark that provided an excellent rebuttal to this behavior, by a poster named Thorak:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]"If you turn sex into a commodity to be withheld as a bargaining chip, you have absolutely no right to complain if he finds himself another supplier. Because you're the one who set a price, and thus reduced sex to a client-whore situation within your relationship."[/FONT]

Dan Savage also had a good one. You tell the girl -- or partner of either sex, actually -- "Listen, honey, I'm going to be having regular sex when we're in a relationship. I would prefer it to be with you, but if you force my hand..."

SereneBlue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks everyone. I am considering it. It's odd how what we feel we should do runs so counter to what we actually do.

*sigh*

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
54. Please clean your bathroom before we arrive and make sure there is ample toilet paper available.

I just meant that 3 squares is not enough. :smile:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
17. Three words . . . honesty, honesty, honesty.

three responces...liar liar liar

36. Sometimes "NO!" really means "NO!"
wtf, why would you even TALK to someone you were iffy with in that reguard? I hope this is in reference to tickling or something

and about number 1, thatis fine AS LONG AS YOU DON'T DO THE SAME THING WHEN THE GIRL IS GONE, THAT JUST MAKES US MORE HONEST THEN YOU!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
19. We never have to wonder if your orgasm was real. Now some of you men disagree; but when I feel a man ejaculate with the force of a fire hose even through a condom! :eek: He then collapses on top of me in a sweaty, heavy breathing heap I feel I've done my job. If this happens prior to my orgasm I am not happy. :mad:

Thanks everyone. I am considering it. It's odd how what we feel we should do runs so counter to what we actually do. *sigh*
Please, pretty please, leave this man ASAP! You are worth so much more than he will ever know or believe.

Theo8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope women like romance. When I wrote a verse about my love to my ex-gf, she just loughed and loughed at it.
So women not worthy for romance, just seduce them?

jack65

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello

SereneBlue, He needs help to overcome what he has become,
So the 1st thing you must do is stop empowering him, I'm not asking you to stop loving him but you do have to remove your self not only for you but for him too, while you stay and take his "crap" you both go down hill.

if you are not going to make a clean break from this then please just make a break and move out, i know when your in love you see whats happening but try to stay and some people think they can even "fix" whats wrong, but you can't he has to do this himself, it comes from the inner person not the other person.

None of this is easy at all but while the two of you are together it will only get worse to the point of some one getting very hurt psychically and it will probably be you.

When you do this he will probably say he sorry and it will never happen again but it will.

how do i know this for sure...

My eldest son was a drug user and we let him live at home with his son, but it got worse and worse to the point he was not even looking after his kid which really hurts us, but any way a long story short, i realized we were empowering him to do this, so i throw him out on the street ( he had to sleep in his car )
anyway 1 year later we now talk again hes off the drugs ( gets tested weekly or he will lose his kid )the child is catching up on his school and the teacher says by year 2 he should be ok with all his work.

there so much more to this but you get the idea, yes we loved him and still do but because we put up with his shit it got worse because he had a big problem that needed "fixing" which can't happen when you put up with it.

I'm sure you get the picture anyway, please consider what i and so many others have said to you.

i wish you the best of luck and the courage to do what you need to do.

Thank You.