501's? im confused...

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see guys talking about their 501 jeans all the time, but whats so special about them? :S do they give you a big bulge? why do you all wear them, and make videos in them? lol
My guess is that because there is space between the buttons (unlike the consistent seal of a zipper) the material parts a bit more allowing for the genitals to push out more of a pouch/bulge.

I think of them as very conservative denim crotch fishnets for men.

Head out to a store sometime and try on the same size Levi's in both zip and button fly keeping your junk front and center. If you generally hang down one leg or the other, no, button fly jeans won't make a difference.

Last edited:

BonesJackson

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen many people in skinny 501s. And a store around my way sells them.

You can buy any pair of pants in sizes that are too small. You can alter any pants, even denim, to fit you tighter.

The design of 501s, as Levi's produces them, are not straight leg. Not slim fit.

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Actually 510's are the skinniest. They're called levi 510 super skinny. I own a pair in khaki, grey twill, and a super dark blue. The rest of my jeans are 511's though for the added leg room.

lookingforamonster

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So, can anyone prescribe me some jeans? lol

i am 36/38(in some) waist, have quite big legs. and i love wearing pouch briefs like aussie bum "wonderjocks", or andrew christian "show it". and i really love showing my big bulge in my jeans, but cant seem to find the right jeans to do it in!

any advice my lovely guys? :D x

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
501's tended to show a nice, round bulge on the right side of the fly on so many guys in my high school back in the 80's. They were worn very snug agains the buns but they were not emo-ish skinny style. I'm not sure if the current 501's are the same cut as the 80's versions since reading about the plan to alter the cut in the early 2000's.
Best way to see how they fit back in the day: Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future", Sean Penn in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", Woody Harlson in "Wildcats", Mark Patton in "Nightmare on Elm Street 2"...oy the list can go on, lol.
I liked how you bought them super dark but by the end of the school year they were faded to a powder blue and the denim was super soft.

They are indeed different from what they were in 2003 and before. They don't hug nearly as well and they've got wider legs and a baggy bum. It doesn't surprise me. Levi Strauss seems bound and determined to do the New Coke thing.

An excerpt from above:
He rechecked that the size was correct. It was: pre-shrunk 36'' length, 34" waist (about 32" after washing). But he noticed that the leg openings were wider, the seat looser, the rear-pocket stitching design -- what Levi's calls its trademark "arcuate'' -- more pronounced. And the rear leather waist patch said "501XX" in the spot where his old jeans simply said "501."

Weissman had bought them at a reputable chain but thought maybe he had stumbled upon counterfeits.

So he called a toll-free Levi's customer-service number. He recounted the conversation in an interview:

"She said, 'Yes, we've made some changes, and now we're calling it the 501XX. I said, 'Where can I get the old 501s?' She said, 'Maybe you can get them at outlets now.' I said, 'You mean you don't make them any more?' She said, 'I'm sorry, I'm sure that's frustrating.' I said, 'Well, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.' "
Purists will note that one only buys non-preshrunk 501s in one size larger and then wears them while soaking in a tub and then repeats this a few times before truly washing them. At that point, they should fit perfectly.

An alternative method is shown here.

Last edited by a moderator: