501's...TIMELESS!!!!

malinariboy8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
All due respect to those of you that wear "Baggies." I am of a bit older generation...the 60's & 70's. Perhaps I'm not even refering to the look correctly, but WHATS the deal with the baggy pants that are literally hanging below the butt and boxers are what covers the ass?? I miss the days of 501's and t-shirts. A look that to me, is timeless and always will be!! Does anyone else feel similar? Even jeans that at least fit up over the hips and hug & gather in all the right spots. Wether gay or straight, as far as the laws of physical attraction, clothes that fit against the body nicely are what shows our physique and sexy bulges, isn't that preferable to pants that are SOOOOO bagged out and low riding that there is no clue whatsoever, as to how a guy is put together. Like I said; All due respect... I'm just askin!':wink:

topman29

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i couldnt agree with you more! im 38yo and have been waring fitted jeans ever since pubity, and i hate the feel and look of baggy jeans hanging off me, jeans should be comfortable, not that you should have to hold them up while your running, and tred them in the mud with your heals!
no one minded showing their phisique back in the 70's and 80's but now guys seem to go out of their way to hide themselves in them as if they are not proud of their body.
i am however starting to notice that the "fitted" fashon is starting to come back, but one thing ide be glad to see the end of is all these pre distressed jeans, dont people realise that they distress naturally to the form of the warer? so why do manufactureres have to distress them in such a fake looking way!
thats just my oppinion

swellguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Amen. I'm 52, and I only jeans I wear are 501's. I have sort of thought that I am "stuck" in the past but geeze, 501's fit me well and I love showing my package. I have to say, though, that the denim Levi's is using these days is not the same as it was in the past. It does not wear down the way it used to. Can't seem to get the same thinness I could in the past.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
Cool weather....cool jeans...501's the original. As far as jeans go....all I wear are 501's, and almost always with an Aloha shirt. Aloha shirts are just as classic as 501's, and if I have to wear shoes instead of sandals or something like crocs....it is Chuck Taylor black high tops. Stuck....Maybe so, but all are classics and the look together...well I really do not car what others think, I dress for me and my comfort.

I did go into a mens store once to buy some new 501's. Clerk said no 501's but had 505's....I told him it was 501's or nothing. He persisted in trying to sell me something I did not want. He said the only difference was 505's had a zipper and 501's had the button fly. I asked him if he'd ever gotten his penis or balls caught in a zipper....he looked a bit embarassed....I told him I do not have that problem with button fly's. BTW, never went back.

I too am a bit long in the tooth...hit age 60 this November.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i couldnt agree with you more! im 38yo and have been waring fitted jeans ever since pubity, and i hate the feel and look of baggy jeans hanging off me, jeans should be comfortable, not that you should have to hold them up while your running, and tred them in the mud with your heals!

But don't you find baggy pants (not just jeans) to be comfortable? The looseness, the freedom, your lower body can actually breath... It's not as hot.

no one minded showing their phisique back in the 70's and 80's but now guys seem to go out of their way to hide themselves in them as if they are not proud of their body.

I don't think it has anything to do with no being proud of one's body, at least not for me - I'm very proud of mine, and yet I tend to wear baggy cargos and 3/4 pants and t-shirts. I do have quite a big bulge and while the stares and whispers are nice every once in a while, being treated like a piece of meat when wearing tight jeans isn't always cool.

i am however starting to notice that the "fitted" fashon is starting to come back, but one thing ide be glad to see the end of is all these pre distressed jeans, dont people realise that they distress naturally to the form of the warer? so why do manufactureres have to distress them in such a fake looking way!
thats just my oppinion

Good question - I hate those already worn-out new jeans, it's such a poser look.

yongdo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry... but I don't think baggies are in fashion anymore anyway (though neither are 501s for that matter)

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
For you younger types, here's what some of used to to:

Buy good fitting 501s -- certainly not loose. Fill a tub with water and get in it. Then get out and let them dry on you. Just make sure you package is arranged well. A cock ring helps to push it all forward. When dry, you've got custom fitted jeans to show off everything. Sometimes, we'd take a can of Comet into the tub, a scrub brush and rub down the jeans, esp in the crotch. Too bad 501s don't fit as well as they used to.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Buy good fitting 501s -- certainly not loose. Fill a tub with water and get in it. Then get out and let them dry on you. Just make sure you package is arranged well. A cock ring helps to push it all forward. When dry, you've got custom fitted jeans to show off everything. Sometimes, we'd take a can of Comet into the tub, a scrub brush and rub down the jeans, esp in the crotch. Too bad 501s don't fit as well as they used to.

See, this is why I love this site. Who knew men went to as much trouble as women do for just the right look.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dont like the buttons. By the time you get the buttons undone you will piss your pants. Plus they dont have enough room in them:cool:

wetcoffee

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work in the fashion industry and call tell you point blank, NOTHING IS TIMELESS. 501s have lost tons of market-share, and the unwillingness of Levi’s to change their business strategy away from this style has resulted in a business teetering on verge of extinction… when was the last time you heard of high fashion coming out of JC Penney, Kohl’s, or Sears? Take your 501s and burn them. Three major problems exist in the 501 design. 1. Tapered leg. NEVER BUY TAPERED STYLES This results in making practically everybody look shorter and fatter then they really are because you are adding volume to the top half of your body and reducing volume from the knee down. Tapering only helps individuals who are underweight or slight in build. Straight-legged styles create balance between the top and bottom halves of a man. If you are barrel-chested or have a belly try loose fit straight leg jeans, the wider you legs appear the slimmer your upper body will appear. 2. High rise. These jeans will say natural waist, or sits at the waist. They sit at the navel and do not flatter the front or the back; in fact they create a much larger backside than is necessary. 3. Stonewashed. This is a style that says i'm old and out of touch. I’m not saying that you have to run out and purchase jeans that have been splattered with acid or destroyed by sanding or even whiskered. I’m simply saying if the style says Stonewashed PUT IT DOWN and WALK AWAY. There are other styles, and a sales associate or consultant should be able to steer you towards jeans that are for a mature man that are not crazy and too youthful, but distinguished and updated to current trends. An updated pair of jeans can easily make a man look 5-10 years younger. Go down to the GAP or Banana take a look at the Denim Wall and try on a few different fits and styles… if your store has unisex fitting rooms don’t be afraid to walk out of the room and ask another customer, especially a woman (they’ll know if your ass looks good)… walk around in them… and don’t get hung up on sizes… take a few sizes in with you some bigger some smaller… but remember you have to take time, like a good half an hour to an hour

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It has a lot to do with the sensibilities. Reading this thread I notice all the people who like those super tight jeans and 501 and nut-huggers seem to be 35 or older. It's a different generation. You all liked super tight nut hugger jeans. But the generation before you wore pantalones and more average fitting pants. With different generations come different styles. Just like bell-bottoms faded out, so to did nut-huggers. My generation likes baggy pants, it's our style. It's not that we aren't proud of our bodies, but

a. we dont want our dick and nuts showing to the whole word (Even though most average-to large size guys will still make a bulge in baggy pants)
b. it's an image.

Why were bell bottoms once popular. Why were nut-hugging 501's once popular. It fit the times, the people, the perception, the mind, the generation.

You people who like 501's and claim to be unable to understand why my generation like baggy pants: you aren't supposed to understand. You're not from my generation, so you aren't influenced by the times. In much the same way I can't for the life of me understand why you older people want a second skin made of denim. The way none of us can understand who the hell would don khaki pantolones and overalls. It's each generation that has it's own.

swellguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wetcoffee;

Is all about my dick. I have never found another style of jeans that shows off my package like 501's. And believe me I have looked and looked and looked.

Fire Stick

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I grew up wearing either Levi 501s or, in keeping with my small town Texas upbringing, Slim Fit Wranglers. I still have a couple of pair of Wranglers, but I only wear them occasionally when I am going for more of a country/western look. For me, Levi 501s have always been the perfect pair of jeans. I have tried other types that are considered to be more fashionable, but I always go back to the 501s. Like any style of clothing, they may not be best choice for everyone depending on body type and personal preferences on the fit, but they fit me extremely well. I like that they are fairly low on the hip, are narrow in the seat and thigh, and are comfortably snug in the crotch. My big beef with Levi right now is that the company not too long ago discontinued my size -- 28 x 34 -- which I have worn for years, since I was in high school. I have resorted to having to buy them on ebay, typically used. How pathetic is that?

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My favorite pants of all times is a pair of white Levis 501 jeans. They are incredibly sexy. I get a lot of looks when I wear them. Running and cycling keeps my legs and ass looking good in them. I just tried them on for the first time since last summer - hot! They fit so well, and how timely for Memorial Day. For everyday work wear, it's Levis 505 cords - most comfortable jeans that I've ever worn.

bighosenow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

The original 501s were shrink to fit. The formula was to buy them 1inch larger
in the waist and 2inches longer inseam. We used to wear them to the beach
and get wet in the salt water and let them dry while wearing them. The result was a pair of jeans that formed to your ass and crotch perfectly.
When you got home a little sandpaper to the crotch, ass, and knees
highlighted everthing nicely. Haven't seen any "shrink to fit" 501s for awhile.