54% now approve of Obama performance in office

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cruztbone, Jan 18, 2011.

1. cruztbone

Gold Member

according to newest ABC news Washington Post poll. This is his highest mark in MANY months.
    The Tea Party charade is over. The American people have a much better view of who they really are and who our champion really is ::biggrin1: Barack Obama.
    health care will NOT be repealed. GOP lies and misinformation about it WILL be repealed .

2. sargon20

Gold Member

3. Speculator

Speculator New Member

Earth to crutzbone, if it takes a massacre to revive Obama's sagging poll ratings it tells you that the public havn't really warmed to either him or his policies.

There's another two years yet before he needs another mandate and by that time all this anti-Teaparty Democratic propoganda will be history. The economy will return as the issue most Americans are concerned about, and in this area he's completely lost the public's trust.

Obama is a good times President, right now you need somebody that can make decisions.

#3 Speculator, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  4. eurotop40

Gold Member

The US is fortunately not my business. But this story of "making decisions" is always used to justify doing someone's nasty private interests.

5. Speculator

Speculator New Member

It's a global pandemic: Western government have grown to be so all encompassing that politicians wet themselves at the thought of removing the public's candy. I don't blame them tbh, I'd feel the same given the prospect of taking on this behemoth but the consequence of doing nothing is an era of financial and political instability. It's not a price that I believe is worth paying, but somebody needs to grow some balls and tell it to the public straight, that man isn't Obama, and in the UK it's certainly not Cameron and his trusty sidekick Nick Clegg.

#5 Speculator, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  6. D_Ewan Prettidik

D_Ewan Prettidik New Member

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well with this logic, then Bush's approval rating when he left office should have been well over 70%. Oops. :rolleyes:

8. daddydick84

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well he's no george washington that's for sure..56% in the polls..hmm..don't u think that is kind of low? He lacks leadership and is in public eye WAY too much doing bs I don't want to see him doin..who cares if he walks his dog or plays basketball? Show me something when he actually gets something turned around for this country! I don't think he should have ever become president. If another world war was to break out this country is in some deep shit with him in in the seat

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It isn't that low. On an academic level it does look like an "F", but considering that most presidents tend to be in the midrange with approval ratings being at 56% is not such a bad thing. Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends

Also, to say that he lacks leadership is ridiculous. Grant it, the White House could work on their communication better, but they've still done more in the way of signing legislation than most presidents over the last few decades. Unless you view leadership as someone who works more like a bullying tyrant, then I really don't know what you're trying to get at. The rest of your rantings are not even worth discussing. "Show you something when he actually gets something turned around?" Have you noticed that the economy is starting to improve and the unemployment rate is going down? What are you expecting after several decades of mismanagement in only two years?

10. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

VB, I've seen you write this here and there ... and I have to think you mean "granted," unless this is a new idiom sneaking up on Hhuck's maundering Mississippi mind.
    "Grant it" does make a funny form of sense, as, perhaps, an imperative.
    But you don't mean that, do you?
    Bear with my pissy lil' pedantry, bro.

11. MercyfulFate

MercyfulFate New Member

Albums:
    I truly don't care about poll numbers and not sure why anyone does.

12. bisexualjock

bisexualjock Member

ABC polls are historically inaccurate. The best pollsters are Zogby and Rasmussen, with Rasmussen being the most accurate over the past several election cycles.

A more detailed snapshot can be seen here:
    Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

Obama's temporary bump is due to the national tragedy in Arizona, and will undoubtedly come back down to closer to 40% approval.

13. D_Ewan Prettidik

D_Ewan Prettidik New Member

14. bisexualjock

bisexualjock Member

I have, and Rasmussen was the most accurate polling organization in this past midterm election.

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Even if it's the most "accurate", they're all rather flawed and non-reliable for properly surveying the mood of the country.

16. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know if this is normal for american people but I was at jfk airport few weeks back and when Obama came on tv and gave a live speach EVERYBODY gathered around the tv and listened with full attention.

17. JulieInNaplesFL

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And I always believe the ABC and/or CNN polling. Sure I do. lololololololololololololololololololololool...........

I'm sure all you sheepople will follow Barack Inssein Obama off the cliff.

18. sargon20

Gold Member

Au contraire but it was Bush that drove the country off the cliff thanks to Florida and the corporatized Supreme Court.

19. maxcok

Gold Member

People who want to get an idea of what the public thinks about policies and/or who want to win elections can make good use of polls. As a snapshot, a single poll doesn't mean a whole lot. But if you know how to analyze the polling methods and interpret the data and track the trends across time and several sources - they can be a pretty good barometer.

I think it's pretty much the consensus of the politically astute that Rasmussen is biased and ideologically driven.
    The only time I cite them is when even they contradict the "conservative" party line.

Thank you for your contribution. As intelligent and insightful as ever, Julie. :rolleyes:

And the same corporate tools who supported his administration are determined to take the wheel again.

Lord help us all.

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Don't get mad because nobody is following you, sweetie. Jealousy is not a cute look. :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted