54% now approve of Obama performance in office

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Personally I do not see a number barely above 50% as a real "endorsement" of anything he has done. When I see poll number between 60-70 approval rating I would think he would be a little more comfortable with what is going on.

The top runners for the GOP right now are riding on the tide of extremism caused by the mid-term impatience on the part of voters. By the time the 2010 election comes along the situation could be completely different and both parties know it.

In order to get a candidate elected the Republican Party will be forced to find a candidate that is moderate enough to get elected and attract the stray votes. That description does not fit the three people mentioned because they can easily be portrayed as "extremists" by their past records.

I personally would love to see a ticket with Palin on it because it would guarantee us 4 more years of Obama.

Remember guys: "The enemy you know is far better than the one you don't know."

I would be very surprised to see any of these three in the final heat. What you're going to get is some individual who has not opened his/her mouth enough over time to where they can be absolutely labeled as having any extreme viewpoints. The GOP needs that in a Presidential race.

We are in the beginning of government at total stalemate where nothing gets done without a major fight. People are going to see this and it will all come down to who can turn that stagnant stalemate to their advantage. If the Democrats can blame it on the newly elected Conservatives then the Democrats will capture the brass ring. If the Republicans can convince the people that they have been the saviors and that they the conservatives have roadblocked all the "tax and spend rhetoric ideology" then they will prevail. Any predictions on 2012 are premature at this point and though there will be a great deal of muscle flexing from vocal candidates the vocal ones are not necessarily the ideal ones. Sarah Palin already proved that one hands down. Palin is a great "ham" and will do virtually anything to be in the spotlight. I don't think that she is going to be able to withstand the "microscope" that will be placed upon her this time. Even her own party will very likely distance themselves when the time is right.