55% Obama, 44% McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ledroit, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ledroit

ledroit New Member

Albums:
    Gallup poll yesterday: 55% Obama, 44% McCain. Incredibly close to what Abramowitz at Emory University has been projecting for months.

Unless the GOP engages in massive attempts to screw up the count and keep eligible voters away from the polls, or hacks into electronic results, McCain is going to get stomped on.

I don't think I've ever heard of democrats trying to keep republicans away from the polls, or from being counted in this election. They don't have to.

"Tightening" must mean that Obama's lead is shrinking from 10% to 9%, as the undecideds decide not to risk anything serious.

But is there any jurisdiction in which the GOP is being pro-active to help democrats turn out the vote? Does the GOP think that higher numbers would help them, and help McCain?

2. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    What about the democrats and ACORN? That being said there will always be the conspiracy theorists. If you all think our government is that corrupt why live and vote in the US at all? Move to some other country. I happen to think that the good ole US of A is still the best country in the world. :usa2: :unitedstates: :usa:

3. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Your comment about ACORN, curious_n_str8, seems a tad misinformed. The brouhaha over ACORN was that they registered fake names. And considering those people do not exist, they cannot be counted in polls. None of the phony registrations were approved, and even if they had, that would just mean one person would have multiple ballots, not that a person would be counted multiple times in preliminary polling.

4. sargon20

Gold Member

The GOP wants to blame any defeat on ACORN, the evil democrats and voter fruad who stole the election. Not a referendum on conservatism you see.

5. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    Actually the phony brouhaha over ACORN revolves around that organization being duped by canvassers who wrote in fake names on ballots. ACORN spotted the discrepancies and reported them to election officials in the various states in which they were contracted to register voters.

All this nonsense about voter fraud is a smoke screen by republicans just so they can claim the election was stolen from them.

There are already some 80,000 documented cases of republican shenanigans to suppress the vote in this election just as they did in 2004 and 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP7FdBEpVBo

This is MY country too and I will continue to fight to preserve freedom and uphold justice. My hope is those found responsible for fraud or voter suppression will be tried and jailed.

#5 slurper_la, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  6. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Yeah- but then, you are kind of a dork.

ACORN was PRAISED by McCain for their work in a personal appearance he gave them in 2006.
    Allegation of misconduct have been shown to be unfounded. ACORN is REQUIRED to give the Registrar ALL documents that are filled out INCLUDING those filled out wrong or by idiots and hoaxsters...

It is the REGISTRAR'S job to detemrine which are valid registrations and which are not.

That is the LAW... something republicans apparantly do not care much about.

As to the US being the best country in the world... great, your sense patriotism is as informed and intelligent as one of those imbeciles who paint their faces at football games.

Your NATION is both the rich and the poor, the conservatives and the liberals... and your govenrment ONLY deserves your support when it upholds the constitution.

Gues who hasn't been upholding the constitution?
    REPUBLICANS... that's who.

SAYING the USA is great doesn't make it great.

If you want the USA to be great, you have to MAKE it great by holding politicians' and corporations' feet to the fire to uphold the law, and PROVIDE for the people of this nation.

Because, dude, that is ALL ANY Nation really is- its people.

8. D_DudePurse29

D_DudePurse29 New Member

WOW couldnt have said it better if I tried! I completely agree with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted