55 year-old head on 25 year-old body

bi_todd

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
There's a pleasant phenomenon at my gym lately. I'm seeing more than a few "mature" men in their 50s with smoking hot bodies. A lot of these guys seem to be part of the swimmer crowd. With their clothes on, you would never guess the amazingly fit bodies they have underneath. In the gym shower area, put a towel over their head and you could easily assume it was a 25 year-old guy. Maybe you guys have been out there all along and I just wasn't noticing. But either way, props to you for paying the long-time dues to keep your bodies in such great shape.

tallhunkinct

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
my dad is 68 and in amazing shape. been going to the gym 4-5 times a week since he was in his 20's. if it weren't for the salt and pepper hair that is starting to come in all over you would never guess his age. hope the genes hold up.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Aside from my deflated ass (which was never my strongest feature anyway), I have basically the same body I had in my early 20s, but with better abs now.

Workouts done throughout one's life pay off.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thankfully, I don't have my 25-year old body anymore. That was definitely wasted one me, and truthfully I don't remember too well how it looked. I really didn't care then.

Fortunately, I've been able to overcome most of the havoc wrought by the booze and recreational pharmaceuticals. I'm not a maniac like my wife, but I do get to the gym two or three times a week.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I did a year's weight training in my mid-twenties, put 8lbs of muscle on my skinny frame and, more lastingly, improved my posture and bearing. But by age 52 it had worn off - I had a bad back, was prone to odd aches and pains in my joints and was growing a paunch.

Then I saw a TV programme Bodybuiling Pensioners about retired people into competetive bodybuilding. Some of the 80-year olds were a bit freaky-looking, though the sixty-somethings could be quite hunky. But the main thing I noticed was that they all had great posture and flexibility - they moved like young people, no matter how old they were.

So I got myself back to the gym. In just a few months I felt fine again, although as well as weights I did at first take some Pilates classes for my back and core muscles.

It does take longer to build muscle now, I'd say it's taken three-four years to achieve as much as I did in that one year in my twenties. Nowadays my main limiting factor is tendon and joint strain rather than muscle strength. But they improve with exercise too.

And yes, I do get more attention than I used to in situations where I can go shirtless... :smile:

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aside from my deflated ass (which was never my strongest feature anyway), I have basically the same body I had in my early 20s, but with better abs now.

Workouts done throughout one's life pay off.

a Beautiful Body indeed!!:smile:

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
Wish i'd known what i know now about sex when I was 25, I wouldn't have taken so long to discover I was bi or to start serious swinging! Plus the sexual confidence the years bring...

laser90

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Todd.....you need to attend a Masters Swim meet sometime and see just how many 50 and over people like myself are in shape!

While it's important to have an activity that you do, I think what you eat is even more important! I also do Yoga which keep flexibility, which comes in handy in other areas&#8230;.<G>

The only thing you will find as you age is you have to factor in a longer recovery time.

Oh yeah one more thing....hey what this about tossing a towel of our heads....I like my grey hair! :)-

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a hot body as a young man and I decided I didn't want to lose it. So I now have an extremely hot body for a guy of my age. Of course I look older. I'm grey and balding, and my skin tone isn't what it is, but WTF, that's what happens as you age. The compensations are that I'm richer, and have more leisure time on my hands, and because I'm more experienced, I am a better lover now than I was when I was in my 20s. The only trouble (if that's the right word) is that unlike a lot of my contemporaries, I'm not at all ready to be herded off with the over 50s club. Shoot me first.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've seen a lot of 50+ guys with faces along with bodies that don't need to be covered at all and I applaud them. I only hope that as I advance in age that I am smart enough to do the same. I am not into the "daddy-son" thing, but some of those older guys are head turners...some even moreso than the "twink" 20 year olds.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There are some absolutely stunning looking men in their 50s and even in their 60s. The gym I used to workout at in New York had lots of them. Although that gym is now closed and I haven't been able to afford a new one for nearly a year, knowing that with dedication you can really maintain your health and body on that level keeps me motivated.

Heh... I'm kinda looking forward to being able to take off my shirt at that age. :wink:

FleshlightMouth

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who decided that 55 was "OLD"???? :confused:

All hookup sites except maybe Daddyhunt or Silverdaddies...
If you look at the cut-off age in most of those profiles, old starts at 30 :frown1:

Last edited:

laser90

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Flesh/industrialsize......to someone who 20 50 seems old.

I remember one time at the blocks before my race and one of the young swim timers said, "wow it's so cool that at your age you can still compete!" LOL....

I told her "I can still do a lot of things at my age" and gave her a wink! LOL

Last edited:

D_Phil_R_Upp

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a thing for mature men, so seeing guys like that is a huge turn on for me.

Most guys seem to like younger guys, and if that works for them that's great. But I think a guy with a little life in his face is way, WAY more interesting on every level than some twentysomething with a Bieber haircut.

Unfortunately in mainstream gay culture, 30 is "gay death." I always am amused when I see blogs and Web sites with "daddy" photos, and they're almost always of some guy who maybe, possibly JUST turned 30.

I like guys who have a pair of Doc Martens or a pair of jeans that are 30 years old! LOL

Last edited: