6 Jerks to Avoid Online

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She left out the part about the 2 extra internet inches.

It sucks more to be a guy trying to date on-line. I am convinced that many of the sites post fake female ads to make it seem like there are more - or at least more attractive - women using their service. I have had some very suspicious interactions on-line. I have also found the same pic and with a different profile in several cities. I guess they assume that people won't check.

Guys also have to deal with the "Russian beauties" that send messages. I got a scam a day once my profiles went up.

I am also suspicious of the way some women use their pictures. If all you see are cropped face shots and she says her body type is "average," she probably is pretty large. Every woman seems to think she is fat until she is on Match.com, they she is average. This really isn't that big a deal if you are honest up front. It can be uncomfortable for both people if you meet and one person was not completely honest about their apprearance.

The other thing I saw in a lot of women's ads was the reverse of the J Lo / Paltrow issue. Their ad was a list of what they don't want. You never really get an idea of what they are looking for, but you can make a pretty good guess of the real or perceived flasw their last SO had.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rope, I know AdultFriendFinder use 'fake photos' or profiles. ie they say the profiles are of real people. They may be, but they are not local to you as the site claims. I can usually tell because some women have an 'American' or other look about them and look nothing like girls local to me. It also gets the town wrong a lot. I don't live in Warrington :tongue:

I don't use any sites like that though. I just see the adverts on 'certain sites'.

Dating on the internet is generally not so good. Its okay for hookups and sex though. But even that wears off after awhile. I got really annoyed with the pretence and the 'game' so I deleted all the girls off my MSN. Except one. She knows who she is :redface:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
njqt: the several parts where she insinuates that men looking for sex or interested in a sexual relationships is automatically a bad thing and something that no woman should be interested in.
Ahh, okay gotcha.

Rope, I know AdultFriendFinder use 'fake photos' or profiles. ie they say the profiles are of real people. They may be, but they are not local to you as the site claims. I can usually tell because some women have an 'American' or other look about them and look nothing like girls local to me. It also gets the town wrong a lot. I don't live in Warrington :tongue: I tried AFF a few years ago and frankly the responses were frightening! I definetely won't be going back there.
Dating on the internet is generally not so good. I disagree. While I have yet to do so successfully I know plenty of people who have. Its okay for hookups and sex though. Yeah, I tried that on craigslist.com with less than pleasurable results. But even that wears off after awhile. True. I got really annoyed with the pretence and the 'game' so I deleted all the girls off my MSN. Except one. She knows who she is :redface:
I think age may make a difference. If you are still attending college you have an endless supply of possibilities at your fingertips.

As we age, meeting new people becomes increasingly difficult. Online dating sites, while flawed are the most viable alternative for many of us.

Meeting men at work is really not an option for me as I am a Museum Educator. Not too many straight men work in museums. :redface: When working for the public school system I found that the only single men were the music and art teachers; who at the elementary level are almost always gay. Principals and vice principals are often straight but also married. Fraternizing between the ranks is rarely encouraged even in a corporate environment. So what's left for those of us who would just as soon walk on hot coals as spend another evening in a smokey overcrowded bar? :confused:

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There have been a lot of threads relating to dating, flirting and relationships. Some advice has been good, and some bad. Some women like the old me and a certain young lady in the mid-west have horriffic taste in men. Some women have horriffic taste in men and don't know it. This article from iVillage is for you. :smile:

6 Jerks to Avoid Online
... [very good stuff] ...
You are missing the categories of jerks that you do date. :biggrin1:
Sorry, I'm generalizing but some woman ends up with worse jerks.

Personally i don't try to contact unknown females online anymore.
90% of them were robots.
9% were man acting as a woman.
1% were real woman.

from that 1% of woman:
90% were too busy with the jerks.
9% were just mean or uninteresting.
1% were cool.

From that 1% of cool womans the 100% were on a galaxy far far away.
But we became friends and we talk about everything (lots of fun),we kept contact until our lives became so complex that we couldn't meet online anymore.

I don't think that this measures apply to this forum. Over here i see very interesting and beautiful (not just physically speaking) womans, but i already quit the virtual hunting.
At least on the real world is easier to spot a man who looks like a woman.:biggrin1:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Men and women will load their profiles with all sorts of "do's" and "don'ts". Both sexes are notorious for lying on profiles about weight, height, age, likes, dislikes, etc. I've met men who said they were six feet tall and were five foot nine, 34 when they were 38 (still don't understand that one), loved "all types" of music when that meant all subsets of country music, their hair was naturally blonde when clearly I could have done a better job with the bleach bottle, loved and respected women and proceeded to bash exes during dinner, and posted pics of themselves from 10 years ago. As though I won't notice the difference. Sigh

Internet dating in itself is not a bad thing. It's easier and faster to weed out the riff raff. You get to meet people from all walks of life. I've gone on dates with several people from internet dating services that didn't work out but we're still friends. The tricky part is to develop a thick skin while keeping yourself open to possibilities. I think it's unfair to try and see if such and such person fits into any one category someone created for the purpose of publishing an article. If you go on a date and they don't fit your standards and/or there's no chemistry, then you acknowledge that and move on. Know what you want and half the work is done.

"Likes candlelight dinners and long walks on the beach"

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First, I haven't tried online dating, so I can't comment on it with experience.

That list is rather superficial as it does not address the underlying issues. A lot of guys I date offline are lying about income or are players - I know it and they know it - however, I think some men feel forced to lie. Because a factory guy who makes $25k a year isn't going to be inundated with responses from women looking for a husband. He could be the greatest guy in the world; but be less than a certain height, have less than a certain career, lack assets, and you're immediately undesirable. So, I think women need to rethink their actions and biases before creating a list of people to avoid. I mean, often we are avoiding the types our expectations are creating. Does that make sense?

I am an equal opportunity dater. Absolutely do not have one of those typical laundry lists women pull out when evaluating a person for a date, much less lifetime. One thing I've learned is integrity, generosity of spirit, and honesty are the most important things in a person. If they're an inch shorter than I am, fine. Make half as much as I do, okay. I won't make them desperate to fit a mold that may be unattainable, so I can brag about the dream proposal, lifestyle, relationship, etc.

Other than mental defect, people lie because something about themselves feels inadequate. I think that's an important consideration when dating, just be aware that there may be a lie about something (height, weight, age, occupation, salary... little things). If they come clean and promise to never lie to you again, I wouldn't hold it against them.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am also suspicious of the way some women use their pictures. If all you see are cropped face shots and she says her body type is "average," she probably is pretty large. Every woman seems to think she is fat until she is on Match.com, they she is average. This really isn't that big a deal if you are honest up front. It can be uncomfortable for both people if you meet and one person was not completely honest about their apprearance.

The other thing I saw in a lot of women's ads was the reverse of the J Lo / Paltrow issue. Their ad was a list of what they don't want. You never really get an idea of what they are looking for, but you can make a pretty good guess of the real or perceived flasw their last SO had.

This is a good example of the type of women guys have to avoid online.
The woman who posts only one face shot, a really old (high school) face shot, or the cat and children pics woman.

The "average" thing is played. There is nothing wrong with specifics, it's not like the guy wouldn't eventually meet you in person or see you naked anyway. It seems that they almost live in a fantasy when doing things like that... I guess you have to decide whether you like the woman beyond whatever she doesn't want to show and give her a chance or make your profile as ridiculously detailed as most women's. But that might make you an asshole. :wink:

So to all the guys on lpsg. I am unapologetically chubby, but will send a face pic and a full body (clothed) shot so anyone I'll meet can see what I look like. Not that I want to meet anyone or maybe only one, but just saying. :cool:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
You cheap bastard!

Why aren't you using the services that advertise on internet dating advice columns?

bah, online dating... in my experience, you re screwed before you start... something always awkward about it.

What can I say? I count on my charm and good looks to do the work. :biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The woman who posts only one face shot, a really old (high school) face shot, or the cat and children pics woman.

The "average" thing is played. There is nothing wrong with specifics, it's not like the guy wouldn't eventually meet you in person or see you naked anyway. It seems that they almost live in a fantasy when doing things like that... I guess you have to decide whether you like the woman beyond whatever she doesn't want to show and give her a chance or make your profile as ridiculously detailed as most women's. But that might make you an asshole. :wink:

So to all the guys on lpsg. I am unapologetically chubby, but will send a face pic and a full body (clothed) shot so anyone I'll meet can see what I look like. Not that I want to meet anyone or maybe only one, but just saying. :cool:

I'm actually kind of chubby too, but I do put my body type as "average" on AFF. I also include a picture that shows more than my face. It is the same as the Vivo picture in my gallery. I say I'm "average" because my dress size really IS the statistical average American dress size - I wear a size 14 dress.

And NJ, I actually have had good responses from AFF! Don't know what happened with you, but I've been lucky there. I'm good at weeding out the riffraff though. :smile: (And by that I don't mean guys who are not "hotties" or guys who don't have high incomes - I mean psychos!) Of course I don't have any illusions of finding a long-term relationship there either - the purpose of that site is for more of a friends-with-benefits thing.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Welcome, Choco Kitty! Good to have you on the board. I love your posts and cant wait to read more.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One type of woman that I think men should avoid on dating sites are the ones that post pics that were clearly taken at Glamour Shots. They tend to use a soft focus lens there, so you don't see the wrinkles.:tongue:

Also why does she not have a decent head shot that is, if not candid at least from a wedding she was in or attended?

You are missing the categories of jerks that you do date. :biggrin1:
Sorry, I'm generalizing but some woman ends up with worse jerks. You are correct and I would list the the types of jweks I have dated in the past; but they only allow 10,000 characters to a post.:tongue::biggrin1:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There have been a lot of threads relating to dating, flirting and relationships. Some advice has been good, and some bad. Some women like the old me and a certain young lady in the mid-west have horriffic taste in men. Some women have horriffic taste in men and don't know it. This article from iVillage is for you.

Hey now... are you talking about me?!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm actually kind of chubby too, but I do put my body type as "average" on AFF. I also include a picture that shows more than my face. It is the same as the Vivo picture in my gallery. I say I'm "average" because my dress size really IS the statistical average American dress size - I wear a size 14 dress.
Awesome that you're providing a realistic profile, I know the guys appreciate it. :smile:

But to address average...
Statistical averages change, size 12+ is the new definition of average. Since America has spent the last 20 years getting fatter, one day size 25 or whatever may be "average", but no good will come from a steadily increasing average. Looking past that, the point in being truthful is to acknowledge what most consider average, and it is not 14 or 16 (which I am). Size 12 and above are at best thick, next chubby, and then fat - I'm just being real.

Some guys like that, which is cool, but by no means is it easily average. Or, to be blunt, it's now only the average because everyone's so fat and it seems smaller in comparison. So the best route is to then give details about size if self-categorizing as average - such as jeans size, dress size, bra size, etc., all in the interest of giving the person a complete portrait of you as a person. Describing every other minute detail of your life in a profile and putting "avg" for body type with no additions is a cop out. I'm not being mean at all, hope no one takes it as bashing.

Welcome, Choco Kitty! Good to have you on the board. I love your posts and cant wait to read more.
Thank you! :smile: