6 Small Meals a Day

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After years of slowly creeping up in weight, I finally went to a nutritionist to deal with my unhealthy life style. I peaked at 242, and was unhappy.

The keys to my success ... making sure I started the day with a breakfast (I used to skip breakfast all the time) and sticking to the calorie limit imposed
Breakfast - 400 cal
Mid morning snack - 200 cal
Lunch - 450 cal
Mid afternoon snack - 200 cal
Dinner - 550 cal
Evening snack 200 cal

Get 100 g protein/day

I had to cut out as much bread, pasta, rice as possible. Lots of chicken, yogurt, cottage cheese, and protein bars to get the 100 g protein/day. I've had to say goodbye to my favorite thing in the world, cheese. And then a rigorous exercise program that started at 30 min/day every day and went to 1 hour/day + weights 3 times/week.

I dropped to 210 in 2 1/2 months. I've kind of hit a plateau for the last few weeks (busy and not able to exercise as much/plus holiday treats around). Hoping to ramp up again once finals are finished and get to 200.

It took about a month to get into the diet/exercise routine for me. Yeah, I still get hungry, and I still cheat about once every two weeks. But if you can make it through about 4 weeks, it suddenly becomes a routine and not hard to stick to.

Do it. You'll be so happy with the results. I dropped 5 1/2 inches off my waist. Wearing pants I never thought I'd get into again. Do it!

Dude, those are fucking awesome results. Keep it up!

As for me, I am 5’11”, 205. I think to be in tip-top shape, I need to be 185. But I could care less about the number, as long as the waistline and fat content drops.

I have been very good about keeping the meals smaller and I don’t think I have cheated yet, it’s been about 5 days. I went crazy at the supermarket and bought a nice selection of whole grain bread, brown rice, lean meats, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. so I can have ample variety and still stick to the script. I have lost a couple of pounds this week, but am looking to increase my gym frequency and get on the cardio train. A lot of fit people recommend circuit training. Do you fit guys do that when in the gym?

The weed smoking hasn’t tapered off, but I guess 1 bad habit at a time J.

Do any of you use some type of legal performance enhancers (like Max Muscle) prior to working out to get peak performance?

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am getting creative with making tasty meals, given the limitations on the kinds of food I can eat. A couple early tasty creations:

1) Stir-fry with brown rice, mushrooms and lean turkey deli meat. I used a teriyaki, ginger salad dressing which can be used well for stir-frying. A bit of extra fat in the dressing, but I kept that part of the portion small.
2) Toasted sandwiches on my Foreman Grill. I use Orowheat sandwich thins (Oroweat - Sandwich Thins® ), great find, and few calories. I add in mushrooms, fat free cheese (decent, not amazing) and it tastes pretty fucking good. My secret ingredient is putting Vietnamese chili sauce ( Google Image Result for http://vietworldkitchen.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/09/rooster.jpg ) in the middle of the sandwich for added kick.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think what you eat just before and after working out is very important. If I don't eat something light right before, my muscles shake and I feel wobbly and lightheaded during yoga class. If I don't eat right after, I crash quickly and my muscles start to ache. My hubby said I had to feed my body within 30 minutes of a workout because my muscles need the fuel to replace what I burned off. The other four meals are iffy for me.

To avoid binging, treat yourself to something you crave once in a while.

Keep it up!! You'll find the right balance.