60,000,000 refugees and growing

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Curiously I would doubt whether the protesters can claim to be British! Their ethnicity is going to be a biological fact, but Britishness is a set of values, and they are not showing these. I've never before seen the flag. The National Front - which I suppose is what NF stands for - no longer exists as a political party in the UK as it hasn't registered (so no-one can stand for election to anything as NF). I notice that the story is that some have been arrested, which sounds like a good outcome.
I guess they don't care if you think they are british or not... they define themself as British.
They are born and raised in Britain, got educated and got in contact with British values. They are es British as you can be.
That's the reality, no matter if you like it.

And now i could use the same kind of arguementation you use against the Islam.

There are 20 or 30 people who wave the banner of NAZI Germany. (Their intention should be clear) - these 30 people are in relation to the whole British population as much as the 50,000 Daesh fighters in relation to the 1.5 billion Muslims.

And because the 50,000 Daesh fighters are the base you define the whole Islam are the 30 British the base how I have to define the whole British nation.

And if I take your conclusion as the standard, I will have to demand that the British nation gets dismantled. The 30 British proof that Britain as a whole is a danger to the world...
And till now, the Queen hasn't said anything against these people. She hasn't said they aren't British.

;)

And that they aren't an electable party means nothing... thay are probably an organisation, maybe even a terror organisation?
The British issue is frustration over loss of control of our borders.
but you aren't part of Shengen... how is it posdible that an independent nation isn't able to do so? :p

And is it really reason enough to wave a banner of those who did a genocide?
I see above there's a story about Romanian and Bulgarian Roma in Sweden. In the UK there is also an issue around migrants from Romania and Bulgaria - a disproportionate percentage of crime is committed by these two nationalities. We're looking in a situation where a majority (more than half) are being charged with criminal activity.
and the answer is a genocide?
I can't imagen the banner was meant in a different way
The correct approach should be for the UK to police its borders and select the visitors from these nations we consider safe.
you can do so... why aren't you ;)
The primary problem for the UK is migration from within the EU, and an end to free movement is a requirement. Once we have sorted out this issue then it will be possible to do more with migration from elsewhere, including Syria.
you can leave the EU and stop every foreign traid or just very limited traid... because the moral demands free movement where free trade exist.

And AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN

SYRIAN REFUGEES AREN'T MIGRANTS
So, even with a "migrant problem" you can care for refugees

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so even when generosity is the theme from Germany
there is still much discontent
conditions poor/cramped
food is terrible
we need more space

what folk have to put up with, even if offering the maximum kindness from there heart ..
GOOGLE

Refugees housed in iconic German airport

Published on Jan 31, 2016
Berlin's iconic Templehof Airport has played a central role in German history.From its use by the Nazis during World War Two, to providing a lifeline for the city during the blockade by the Soviet Union.All flights were stopped in 2008, but the recent refugee crisis has seen the building drafted, once more, back into action. Dominic Kane reports.

i
LOVE the Gypsie lifestyle
very nomadic still
beautiful featues/coloring ha
camp out anywhere in England
pay no taxes/rates
and steal off the rich, cool

matter of fact i lived a nomadic lifestyle for a year in Aus, modelled after the gypsie lifestyle i had noticed overseas ha true ..

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
so even when generosity is the theme from Germany
there is still much discontent
conditions poor/cramped
food is terrible
we need more space

what folk have to put up with, even if offering the maximum kindness from there heart ..
GOOGLE

Refugees housed in iconic German airport

Published on Jan 31, 2016
Berlin's iconic Templehof Airport has played a central role in German history.From its use by the Nazis during World War Two, to providing a lifeline for the city during the blockade by the Soviet Union.All flights were stopped in 2008, but the recent refugee crisis has seen the building drafted, once more, back into action. Dominic Kane reports.

i
LOVE the Gypsie lifestyle
very nomadic still
beautiful featues/coloring ha
camp out anywhere in England
pay no taxes/rates
and steal off the rich, cool

matter of fact i lived a nomadic lifestyle for a year in Aus, modelled after the gypsie lifestyle i had noticed overseas ha true ..
I have a splitted point of view.

While I think the refugees are right to complain about some conditions, I also believe they should accept that the current conditions aren't perfect.

While Germany's capacities weren't able to compensate 1.2 million refugees it was clear that we can't keep the standard up we thought it should be.
That's why refugees should accept "not perfect" conditions for 2 or 3 month, but not more.

On the other hand missed Germany to act early enough and fast enough. At the end of 2014 it was clear that at least 800,000 refugees would come, but we refused to act. As the 800,000 had arrived and even more were on the way and the capacities been already stressed, Germany wasn't able to act fast enough.

So, the conditions could be better as they currently are...
I understand why refugees complain about it. I understand it even more, because many refugees don't have to deal with these conditions for 2 or 3 month, but up to 6 month.

They have left the camps in Libanon, Turkey and Syria because they were expecting something better in Germany. But they been disappointed in parts... it has improved but not as much as expected

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
www.theguardian.com: 10,000 refugee children are missing, says Europol

Europol says that at least 10,000 refugee children are missing.
On their way from Syria to Europe these children gone missed.

It is likely that a part of them has arrived at relatives or friends, without getting registered, but it is also VERY likely that many of them are in real danger.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
lifes a bummer no denying it, for some ..
cant see it improving anytime soon ..

Video

Video:Anti-Immigration Violence Across Europe
20:28, UK, Saturday 30 January 2016

11040676-1-1-992x558.jpg

play-icon.png

Three people have been arrested after violence broke out at a far-right protest disrupted by anti-fascism activists in Dover. In Sweden, dozens of masked men, thought to be members of neo-Nazi gangs, attacked migrants. Sky's Joe Tidy reports.

news.sky.com: Anti-Immigration Violence Across Europe

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
something positive for the people then ..good

Meet the Volunteers Helping Refugees Battle Boredom with Yoga, Circus Tricks, and Storytelling

refugees-theatres-yoga-823-body-image-1454332080-size_1000.jpg
A refugee with a hula hoop at the Moria camp in Lesvos. Photo by Jill Maglio

As the refugee crisis continues, so too does the aid effort. But it's not just food, clothing, medicine, and other essentials that are getting donated. Whether it's local knitters in Greece,Clowns Without Borders, theater groups in Calais, or holistic therapists in the UK, there's a global effort spearheaded by people who want to use the skills they have to help refugees beyond the bare necessities.

The argument for the work these groups do is simple—that people cannot thrive on food alone. "The arts and access to beauty encourage human dignity," says Dr. Anna Kim, a research fellow at the Courtauld Institute of Art. She is the lead scholar on a research project in conjunction with the group Thriving Cities, looking into the roles of arts and beauty in cutting across social divides and in forming basic structures that can enable social justice. As part of her research she will be traveling to the catastrophe-hit Greek island of Lesvos, which saw around half a million refugees pass through it in 2015.

Meet the Volunteers Helping Refugees Battle Boredom with Yoga, Circus Tricks, and Storytelling | VICE | United States

DENMARK
there new laws for refugees, of interest
am sure the Scvandanavians are finding it neccesary to get together and put something in place ..seems tobe making sense, and cant really complain?
we all have to pay our way in life, no matter what!

The Stream - Deterred from Denmark

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

all about migrants primarily from Ethopiasmugglers taking them thru uemen
incredible just so, the world i on the move as if its a god given right .. oos more

ethiopians/eritreans off to saudi via smugglers

2016 everythings catching up with the world with a tide of humanity showing the way
goood job, wars responsible, humankind dombfounded
the wealthy can try to be humanitarians for a chahge ha

dont just think or expect its just the SYRIANS

Yemen: Gateway to the Gulf despite the conflict

Published on Feb 2, 2016
Despite the conflict in Yemen, migrants and refugees from the Horn of Africa are still using the country as a way to get to other Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia."My dream is to get to Saudi Arabia," Salaheddine Qassem, an Ehtiopian, told Al Jazeera. "I am waiting for the smugglers here. About 300 of us will be taken by boat this evening."Mohammed Adow travelled to Obock in Djibouti and met migrants who say they have nothing to lose.

giving up huh
like to air strike kill when one Jordanian pilot killed, helping to create this crisis, and now 6 months later cry .. we cant do it/think theres sympathy for you ..

MIDDLE EAST

'We Can't Do It Anymore': Jordan's King Abdullah Demands Help on Refugees

we-cant-do-it-anymore-jordans-king-abdullah-demands-help-on-refugees-1454414078.jpg

MIDDLE EAST
By VICE News and Reuters

February 3, 2016 | 12:55 am
The king of Jordan has warned the international community that it must give his country long-term aid to help cope with the huge influx of Syrian refugees, or the "dam is going to burst".

In an interview with the BBC aired on Tuesday ahead of an international donor conference, King Abdullah said the refugee crisis was overloading Jordan's social services and threatening regional stability.

Jordan has already accepted more than 600,000 UN-registered Syrian refugees out of 4.6 million registered worldwide.

The government says another one million Syrians are living there, including those who arrived before the 2011 uprising. Together with Palestinians and Iraqis, refugees make up around 20 percent of the population.

King Abdullah, who is heading to the Supporting Syria and the Region conference in London on Thursday aiming to secure aid promises, told the BBC that 25 percent of Jordan's state budget was spent on helping refugees. "For the first time, we can't do it any more," he said.

'We Can't Do It Anymore': Jordan's King Abdullah Demands Help on Refugees | VICE News

european union condems Greece for letting them thru
and praises Macedonia/not even a Eu country, for there prerventing them
smugglers benefit/what a Eu balls up

Turkeys idea not stopping them
Eu now counting on Macerdonia
GOOGLE

EU threatens Greece over flow of refugees

Published on Feb 2, 2016
Greece has been threatened by the European Union with expulsion from the Schengen free travel zone if it fails to stop allowing refugees and migrants from passing through. The warning comes as aid groups say there has been a spike in people smuggling at Greece's northern border with Macedonia. Laurence Lee reports from the Greece-Macedonia border.- Subscribe to our channel:

Reactions: Perados

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

plenty f compassion for the Romapeople
treated like 2nd class citizens, like many others, the Rohingars/Nepalese etc grrrrr ..
its a wonder the French never got rid of them prior to that BS CC meet fest, full of fat cat useless shitheads ..
too embarrasing for the Fr to committ that act so close to there president shooting around the world soliciting sympathy for his country ..

Hundreds of Roma Face Eviction from the Biggest Shantytown in Paris

untitled-article-1454446201.png

EUROPE

By Pierre-Louis Caron

February 3, 2016 | 10:40 am
You wouldn't know there was a shanty town on Boulevard Ney, were it not for the plumes of thick smoke rising up from the disused rail tracks down below.

Invisible from the road, the slum is built along a stretch of the "Petite Ceinture" rail track (French for "Little Belt") — a historic circular railway built in the mid-1800s to connect train stations in Paris.

The track, which has remained more or less abandoned since 1934, is today the site of the largest shantytown in the French capital.

untitled-article-1454446201-body-image-1454446243.png

The shantytown is built along a disused rail track in the north of the Paris. (Photo by Etienne Rouillon/VICE News)

The camp took root in summer 2015, with the arrival of recently evicted Roma residents of the Samaritain slum, in the northern Paris suburb of La Courneuve.

Today, some 300 people live in the makeshift village, in 60 or so shacks assembled from various construction materials. Many of the slum's residents are Roma from south Romania or from the country's capital Bucharest.

In September, France's state-owned railway company SNCF — which owns the disused rail track — filed a complaint against the residents for unlawful occupation of private land.

Hundreds of Roma Face Eviction from the Biggest Shantytown in Paris | VICE News

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting what happens in France these days...
Shantytown in Paris, a camp at Calais. Like they haven't learned anything from their past, building Ghettos for their immigrants in the 1960s/70s - the ISIS fighters came right out of these Ghettos.
Right now France is developing new fighters, for a new ideology, a new threat.

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Right now France is developing new fighters, for a new ideology, a new threat.

yes
and have a recent order for IRAN
a hundred odd of those expensive domestic airliners
theyre not exactly the poorest Euro nation on earth
you would think they were hard done by the way they cry blue murder over a few terrorist attacks ..huh ..

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
fyi
and thanks pera/know your genuinely interested in there crisis

more of Australias immigration/detention policies
involving the laws/justice system ..

Australia rules offshore detention legal

Published on Feb 3, 2016
The High Court in Australia has ruled that the government's offshore detention policy for asylum seekers is lawful.The verdict, announced on Wednesday, paves the way for 267 asylum-seekers currently in Australia to be deported to the Pacific island of Nauru.The group includes 39 children as well as 33 babies who were born in Australia.Dorsa Jabbari reports.

ironicaaly
a documentary about some French island where the refugees are treated atrociously
seems France fought veryhard to keep the island and now neglects its population of 200-000 plus
20 years of coups amongst the surrounding islands
exact samething happening inter islands with people smugglers operating
never ending once things WW become exposed huh
50-000 or French estimate 7/10-000 boat fatalities
GOOGLE

Al Jazeera World - Island of Death

Published on Feb 3, 2016

Mayotte is a magnet for Comoros islanders who risk their lives crossing hazardous seas in search of a
better life

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

and this is what happens to the refugee children kept captive on islands that hold Australian reugees .. as bad as the wars they try to escape from, yet these children are not even from war zones, just seeking a better life ..

it has long been known that asylum seekers held captive on islands that the Australian govt pay other countries money for, to build prisons to hold them, rather than landing on Australian soil where they can autmatically claimasylum,
do not work, and are criminal in itself ..

Former Nauru detainees among most traumatised children doctors have seen

Ninety-five per cent of adolescent detainees who previously lived in Nauru are at risk of serious mental health issues, doctors say.

Peter Dutton under pressure to allow asylum seekers to stay in Australia after former child detainee medical findings
By political reporter Stephanie Anderson
Updated 21 minutes ago

PHOTO: Immigration Minister Peter Dutton said he was "not going to put children into harm's way". (ABC: Timothy Stevens)

RELATED STORY: 'It's like dying': Asylum seeker mother voices fears about Nauru
RELATED STORY: Labor MP slams party's support for immigration laws
RELATED STORY: PM hails offshore detention after High Court throws out challenge
MAP: Darwin 0800
Immigration Minister Peter Dutton is under increased pressure to allow asylum seekers to remain in Australia following claims the overwhelming majority of former child detainees are at risk of serious mental health issues.

Key points:
  • Doctors say former young Nauru detainees showing signs of post-traumatic stress disorder
  • Most traumatised children medical team had seen in 50 years experience
  • Dutton says he would never put children in harm's way
  • Australian Human Rights Commission does not want children and their families moving back to Nauru
A medical team led by the Australian Human Rights Commission examined the mental and physical health of children aged eight years and upheld at the Wickham Point detention facility in Darwin, finding 95 per cent of those assessed showed risks of post-traumatic stress disorder.

www.abc.net.au: Peter Dutton under pressure to allow asylum seekers to stay

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It shows how evil and selfish humans can be...
For politicians these children are just numbers, abstract cases of second class humans.
We should force every politician to work as a volunteer at such islands or close to war areas. I bet they would change their policy and finally start to help.

What Australia tries at Nauru, the EU tries in Turkey, Lybia and Sudan, America tries in central America and the Caribbean.

We are all scum... 95% have mental problems.
Last week i have met a little Syrian boy, he was so traumatised by what he experienced that he stopped talking and ignores everyone around him except his family. - Other people just don't exist for him

Last edited:

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not surprising that 100% of the stories came from "our" ABC.

Yes, these children are numbers. Numbers that have to be fed. And housed. And employed eventually. And assimilated into a multi cultural society that their parents are dead against.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not surprising that 100% of the stories came from "our" ABC.

Yes, these children are numbers. Numbers that have to be fed. And housed. And employed eventually. And assimilated into a multi cultural society that their parents are dead against.
Who says they are dead against?
I have made different experience

Aren't we the most wealthy societies? If pore countries can care for refugees as large as 40% of their population, can't we care for 1, 2 or 3%?
Are we so lazy that we aren't willing to build new houses?
Are we so ignorant that we refuse to integrate them?

The only thing they want is a shelter and peace

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes pera i agree
the only consolation i often observe is the politician sare often fat slobby overweight unhealthy specimens of humanity

have heard of traumatized kids like you mention, shutting the mad crazy world and its people out of there lives ..

marinera

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Perados, I like your posts, informed and well thought. I think though the 60 millions are the displaced, the refugees are more around 20 millions.

I think the rich Countries should give them all a new home, in the meanwhile that they can go back to their birth Country. I don't think it as so difficult task : sum up EU, USA, Canada, Australia and you have about 1 billions of people. Most of refugees are hosted in Middle Est and Africa. So let's say that the West has to care for 10 millions of refugees, it is 3% of its population. It is feasible and will boost economic growth. All the richest (big) Countries were built on immigration, it has been theirs strength.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Perados, I like your posts, informed and well thought. I think though the 60 millions are the displaced, the refugees are more around 20 millions.

I think the rich Countries should give them all a new home, in the meanwhile that they can go back to their birth Country. I don't think it as so difficult task : sum up EU, USA, Canada, Australia and you have about 1 billions of people. Most of refugees are hosted in Middle Est and Africa. So let's say that the West has to care for 10 millions of refugees, it is 3% of its population. It is feasible and will boost economic growth. All the richest (big) Countries were built on immigration, it has been theirs strength.
My words...

It would be a bit under 1 billion people, but we are so wealthy, we even could care for 3%... but to grand all the "no" sayers their tribute, lets stick with 1%.

10 million lifes would be safed and both sides would profit from it

But a lot of thanks grands Rbkwp, who keeps us updated all the time. Even with news who doesn't make it to Europe
Thank you @rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
seems to be a fraction more of a humanitarian interest in there plight/or is that jist a fallacy !!!

incredibly nice gesture
and its religion based, not very often
one mans humanitariane act

reminds me of a wish that i had as a traveller
that all churches be welcoming an open to all travellers WW
instead of havingthere massive doors closed ..

Sydney church offers sanctuary to refugees

Located in a converted terrace in Sydney's inner west, the Balmain Uniting Church is one of the first suburban churches to offer sanctuary to asylum seekers at imminent risk of deportation.

"We would do whatever it took to stop the government from taking them, we would stand in the way of the authorities," said Reverend Nicole Fleming. "And we are ready to go to jail, if that's what it comes to."

Read more: www.smh.com.au: Suburban Sydney church flouts law to offer sanctuary to refugees

tbh
never realized Jordanwas a poor country
wonder where its been getting all its money for its military over the last year
must have made Israel furious being favoured like that/beiing supplied with massive amounts of military equipment from you know who ..
GOOGLE

Syrian refugees struggle to find work in Jordan

Published on Feb 4, 2016
King Abdullah of Jordan has warned that his country is at "boiling point" because of the influx of hundreds of thousands of refugees. Many are educated and would like to work but are struggling to find employment, as Jane Arraf reports.

certainly not doubting the UKs willingness to pour the money in/on ..

Refugee Crisis: UK To Pledge Extra £1.2bn In Aid
David Cameron will be among 70 world leaders attending a conference in London aimed at easing the plight of refugees.

avid Cameron is to pledge an extra £1.2bn of UK aid to tackle the Syrian refugee crisis as he co-hosts a major international conference in London.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US Secretary of State John Kerry will be among leaders from 70 countries aiming to ease the plight of refugees and create job opportunities.

The conference received Royal backing when Prince Charles, who told Sky News in November that climate change may have been one of the causes of Syria's civil war, joined the Prime Minister at a reception at Lancaster House.

well well
come to a realization, perhaps ..constant media pressure often helps ..

Sanctuary offered to asylum seekers facing removal to offshore detention by churches across Australia
AM
By Michael Edwards
Updated 41 minutes ago

PHOTO: Dr Catt inside St John's Cathedral, where he said he would happily risk being prosecuted for offering sanctuary to asylum seekers facing being sent offshore. (AAP: Dan Peled)

RELATED STORY: Peter Dutton under pressure to allow asylum seekers to stay
MAP: Brisbane 4000
Churches across Australia are invoking the historical concept of sanctuary, opening their doors to asylum seekers facing removal back to offshore detention centres.

Key points:
  • 'Sanctuary' concept yet to be tested under Australian law
  • High Court rejects challenge to the legality of Australia's offshore detention centres
  • 270 asylum seekers in fear of being returned to Manus Island or Nauru
The High Court has rejected a challenge to the legality of Australia's offshore detention centres, a ruling that means nearly 270 asylum seekers who came to Australia for medical treatment could be returned to either Nauru or Manus Island.

One of Australia's senior Anglican leaders said places of worship were entitled to offer sanctuary to those seeking refuge from brutal and oppressive forces.

Among the asylum seekers now at risk of being sent back to Nauru or Manus Island are 37 babies.

Advocates for the asylum seekers are running a public campaign to pressure the Government to let them stay in Australia, and now several religious leaders have come forward to offer them sanctuary in their churches and cathedrals.

www.abc.net.au: Churches offer sanctuary to asylum seekers

heres hoping itall goes OK huh!

Cologne pledges tight security for Carnival celebrations

Published on Feb 4, 2016
It's carnival week across western germany, with thousands of people celebrating ahead of the Christian period of Lent.In the city of Cologne it's the first major public event since new year's eve.That's when there were claims of sexual assaults against women followed by a backlash against refugees, as

IEweh3nKqG5_USIOk2NY5WYcD0tGVTTGMa_unfBZrWA7aS3dZfHYYWn2rJfP1ZkBLc5gIMgpYZg=s0-d-e1-ft
I'll give you my opinion of the human race in a nutshell...their heart's in the right place, but their head is a thoroughly inefficient organ.
W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)