Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The portals of hell have opened. The screams of the suffering dead filter through the cityscape like December frost. Moaning regrets long since buried under pitchfork and flame.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Dr. Dilznick said:
The portals of hell have opened. The screams of the suffering dead filter through the cityscape like December frost. Moaning regrets long since buried under pitchfork and flame.

At least until midnight. Then it'll be 676, which for all we know, is a new Mazda car prototype...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
somehow I don't think 6 June (20)06 on the Gregorian calendar (first proposed in 1582)- a nice sunny day here in Centreville- has anything at all to do with predictions made in Revelations or elsewhere in the Bible. There is also nothing inherently evil about the numbers 666, even if you believe in this stuff.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
For those who base the end of the world on today based on the numbers 666, Jesus said no man knows the time when I will return, only my father in heaven knows that time.

So for Bible believing folks, the bottom line is if you "know" that today is the day, then it won't be today.

We need to get out of the prophecy business and get into the ministry businesss of helping the poor, the weak, the helpless.

Why would any Christian be upset about Jesus coming to get all his followers? That is a split theology to say on the one hand you long for the day when the trumpets trump the return of God and the next second you wet your pants out of fear that God is coming to see you.

The two theologies don't quite go together. I am a practising Christian. I believe that Jesus comes every day to get some people. (Those who have died.) This has been going on ever since there was man here on earth.

When I die I sure plan on Jesus coming down and taking me to heaven. Why would I be scared of that if I really believed it? Doesn't make sense to me that Bible believing practising Christians are in a dither about it all.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, Freddie, I just LOVE dithers! Where's Chicken Little when we need him most? Just think how many 666 dates there are, if you factor in the Chinese calendar, the Jewish calendar, the Aztec calendar, the Muslim calendar, the Julian calendar, the Gregorian calendar, and the Dewey Decimal System calendar.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On the subject of prohpecy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

He predicted events very accurately and without vague wording. He was spot on about the Wall Street Crash, Great Depression, and World War II. Of course he was only predicting a few years into the future but still...

He would hypnotise himself then answer people's questions. He could even diagnose illnesses and treatments for people that medical science at the time had no answer for. He said he could tune into to some sort of cosmic...something lol where you could see through all time. And that anyone could train themselves to do what he did. I saw it on TV! lol.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Well, according to the movie End of Days ::throws up:: when John was exiled to the Island of Patmos and received his revelation of the number '666' he was actually dreaming. As such, in dreams numbers appear upside down, so what appeared to be '666' was actually '999'.

So it’s September 9th, 2009 (9/9/09) that we have to worry about.

Who knew? :shrug:

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Argh...

There are a group of people outside chanting "WE WANT SATAN! WE WANT SATAN!" repeatedly - it's doing my head in! Seemingly they believe it to be the end of the world, or the birth of the Anti-Christ or some other prophetic crap.

Who cares, and why are they so concerned with 666 anyway? Infact, it isn't "6/6/6" it's actually "6/6/06" which is rather different as it is "six thousand, six hundered and six" rather than "six hundered and threescore, six", so they don't event have the right day.

So, anyway, I stuck my head out the window, told them this and told them to bugger off home, but they just started cheering and petitioning louder, well, I can't be arsed with it anymore: I'm off to polish my horns and sharpen my pitchfork. These souls don't torture themselves you know!

D

deleted3782

RideRocket said:
At least until midnight. Then it'll be 676, which for all we know, is a new Mazda car prototype...

Nah, it'll just be my birthday. Nothing to worry about. It'll be peachy.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
exwhysee said:
Nah, it'll just be my birthday. Nothing to worry about. It'll be peachy.

Tsk, happy birthday to you already in my time-zone, exwhy. :kiss:

We survived 666 on this side of the pond, at least.
Hold on in over there and you might make it to the 7th as well. :rolleyes:

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I interviewed this kid for a job today that had a 666 right in the middle of his social security number. And today's his birthday.

Cue spooky music.