Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The portals of hell have opened. The screams of the suffering dead filter through the cityscape like December frost. Moaning regrets long since buried under pitchfork and flame.

2. RideRocket

Gold Member

At least until midnight. Then it'll be 676, which for all we know, is a new Mazda car prototype...

3. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

somehow I don't think 6 June (20)06 on the Gregorian calendar (first proposed in 1582)- a nice sunny day here in Centreville- has anything at all to do with predictions made in Revelations or elsewhere in the Bible. There is also nothing inherently evil about the numbers 666, even if you believe in this stuff.

4. Matthew

Gold Member

So far I'm very disappointed.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Gee, Hillary Clinton looks the same today as she did yesterday. I thought she'd grow horns or something.

6. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a firestorm or two. Of course I'm twisted like that. I was the same guy anxiously awaiting computers to start sparking and frying and attacking people on New Year's Day, 2000.

7. Freddie53

Gold Member

For those who base the end of the world on today based on the numbers 666, Jesus said no man knows the time when I will return, only my father in heaven knows that time.

So for Bible believing folks, the bottom line is if you "know" that today is the day, then it won't be today.

We need to get out of the prophecy business and get into the ministry businesss of helping the poor, the weak, the helpless.

Why would any Christian be upset about Jesus coming to get all his followers? That is a split theology to say on the one hand you long for the day when the trumpets trump the return of God and the next second you wet your pants out of fear that God is coming to see you.

The two theologies don't quite go together. I am a practising Christian. I believe that Jesus comes every day to get some people. (Those who have died.) This has been going on ever since there was man here on earth.

When I die I sure plan on Jesus coming down and taking me to heaven. Why would I be scared of that if I really believed it? Doesn't make sense to me that Bible believing practising Christians are in a dither about it all.

8. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Oh, Freddie, I just LOVE dithers! Where's Chicken Little when we need him most? Just think how many 666 dates there are, if you factor in the Chinese calendar, the Jewish calendar, the Aztec calendar, the Muslim calendar, the Julian calendar, the Gregorian calendar, and the Dewey Decimal System calendar.

9. dong20

Gold Member

Now that is worth worrying about ...

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not again?

11. Wonderboy

Wonderboy New Member

On the subject of prohpecy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce

He predicted events very accurately and without vague wording. He was spot on about the Wall Street Crash, Great Depression, and World War II. Of course he was only predicting a few years into the future but still...

He would hypnotise himself then answer people's questions. He could even diagnose illnesses and treatments for people that medical science at the time had no answer for. He said he could tune into to some sort of cosmic...something lol where you could see through all time. And that anyone could train themselves to do what he did. I saw it on TV! lol.

12. GoneA

Gold Member

Well, according to the movie End of Days ::throws up:: when John was exiled to the Island of Patmos and received his revelation of the number '666' he was actually dreaming. As such, in dreams numbers appear upside down, so what appeared to be '666' was actually '999'.

So itÂ’s September 9th, 2009 (9/9/09) that we have to worry about.

Who knew? :shrug:

13. GoneA

Gold Member

... or perhaps all the destruction happened in 1999 and everyone missed it.

14. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

And there I thought Dilznick was measuring his cock with his broken 6" ruler:
    6, 6, 6,..

DAMN!!

15. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Argh...

There are a group of people outside chanting "WE WANT SATAN! WE WANT SATAN!" repeatedly - it's doing my head in! Seemingly they believe it to be the end of the world, or the birth of the Anti-Christ or some other prophetic crap.

Who cares, and why are they so concerned with 666 anyway? Infact, it isn't "6/6/6" it's actually "6/6/06" which is rather different as it is "six thousand, six hundered and six" rather than "six hundered and threescore, six", so they don't event have the right day.

So, anyway, I stuck my head out the window, told them this and told them to bugger off home, but they just started cheering and petitioning louder, well, I can't be arsed with it anymore: I'm off to polish my horns and sharpen my pitchfork. These souls don't torture themselves you know!

16. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Nah, it'll just be my birthday. Nothing to worry about. It'll be peachy.

17. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Tsk, happy birthday to you already in my time-zone, exwhy. :kiss:

We survived 666 on this side of the pond, at least.
    Hold on in over there and you might make it to the 7th as well. :rolleyes:

18. ChocolateLuvuh

ChocolateLuvuh New Member

Albums:
    My question is since we're expecting mass hysteria, cats and dogs living together, etc. when can I expect the looting to start? I need new stuff! lol

19. mjcp

mjcp New Member

Albums:
    I interviewed this kid for a job today that had a 666 right in the middle of his social security number. And today's his birthday.

Cue spooky music.

20. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you hire him?

Draft saved Draft deleted