68%

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama's 68% approval rating came out today, with 20% unsure and some 12% disapprove. There is a TON of good faith being reflected by America in Obama.

I guess this puts the "Obama Zombies" slur to bed. When practically a whole country is behind a new President, somehow the slurs lose their luster. Approval ratings by a new president haven't been this high since JFK.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is not surprising considering Obama's likability. But is the approval rating even viable at this point? He hasn't been in office for a full week and has not been tested at all.

I'm not sure what people are 'approving' other than his personality during this honeymoon period.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is not surprising considering Obama's likability. But is the approval rating even viable at this point? He hasn't been in office for a full week and has not been tested at all.

I'm not sure what people are 'approving' other than his personality during this honeymoon period.

Not at all viable. =) Can I just relish one moment without you raining on me star? lol

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

But it was totally legit to decry his actions in the weeks before he took office.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But is the approval rating even viable at this point? He hasn't been in office for a full week and has not been tested at all.

You're not sure? :rolleyes: If you weren't simply a biased troll with tunnel vision, you'd already know the falsity of these remarks.

Obama made numerous promises throughout his campaign and during his time as President-elect regarding changes he would make in his administration. You're willfully ignoring gigabytes worth of media coverage of his activities during his first days in office, when he signed numerous executive orders to bring many of those promises to life.

The test was whether or not he would follow through on his rhetoric of change, and it began immediately upon his taking office. Thus far, he appears to be passing quite nicely.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're not sure? :rolleyes: If you weren't simply a biased troll with tunnel vision, you'd already know the falsity of these remarks.

Obama made numerous promises throughout his campaign and during his time as President-elect regarding changes he would make in his administration. You're willfully ignoring gigabytes worth of media coverage of his activities during his first days in office, when he signed numerous executive orders to bring many of those promises to life.

The test was whether or not he would follow through on his rhetoric of change, and it began immediately upon his taking office. Thus far, he appears to be passing quite nicely.

A more suitable description of his first 5 days would be 'satisfactory.'

Scripting a few executive orders and providing some PR lip service does not a good president make.

Give it 100 days before an accurate characterization can be made of his performance.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Give it 100 days before an accurate characterization can be made of his performance.

You're joking right????!!!! :eek:

Or does this mean we are going to be treated to the delicious silence of you shutting up for the next 90-odd days? (We wouldn't want you to have to make any inaccurate characterizations, after all.)

Oh, joy, joy, joy! It is a happy new year, after all!!!!! :smile:

[cue Judy Garland singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"]

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Scripting a few executive orders and providing some PR lip service does not a good president make.

Your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty are utterly repugnant. Unsurprising, but repugnant nonetheless.

I concur with ST, though...the absence of any critiques of this administration for the next three months will be most welcome.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Then again, ANY president would of had that kind of support -- following the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001. That's because every person in America would like to put their faith in the President at a time of crisis. It really had nothing to do with his Presidential performance.

Bush's Presidential performance which started a little above 50% on his inauguration, briefly above 60% soon thereafter and mainly between 45-50% -- preceding the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001. BBC NEWS | Special Reports | 629 | 629 | Bush approval rating tracker

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for proving my point that early term approval ratings don't mean much. Of course the pres. is going to have a good rating early on, afterall, he did win the election

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Bush was at 92% in 2001...

"But Mr. Bush enjoyed a high approval rating of 90 percent -- the highest of any president -- following the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001."

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent, CBS News/N.Y. Times Poll Finds President Will Leave Office With Lowest Final Approval Rating Ever - CBS News

lol...right.

90% doesn't equal 92%.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Rise and fall of Bush's popularity

Ooops, other people can use Google, too.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama's 68% approval rating came out today, with 20% unsure and some 12% disapprove. There is a TON of good faith being reflected by America in Obama.

I guess this puts the "Obama Zombies" slur to bed. When practically a whole country is behind a new President, somehow the slurs lose their luster. Approval ratings by a new president haven't been this high since JFK.

This doesn't surprise me... but there's another point within this rating.

Obama won with 52% of the vote.... yet he has a 73% avg approval rating day one. That's 21% from Republicans, Libertarians, independents and conservative whatevers that seem to be able to look past the election and give him a chance.

Coincidentally, Bush won with 48% of the vote, and came out with 54%... that's 6% from Democrats, Greens, independents and liberal whatevers that seemed to be able to look past the election and give him a chance.

Not making those numbers up, but says quite a bit about character...

Last edited:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This doesn't surprise me... but there's another point within this rating.

Obama won with 52% of the vote.... yet he has a 68% approval rating day one. That's 16% from Republicans, Libertarians, independents and conservative whatevers that seem to be able to look past the election and give him a chance.

Coincidentally, Bush won with 48% of the vote, and came out with 54%... that's 6% from Democrats, Greens, independents and liberal whatevers that seemed to be able to look past the election and give him a chance.

Not making those numbers up, but says quite a bit about character...

Bollocks. It says 42% of the people knew it right off the bat that Bush was lame.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
68% isn't surprising. Given the train wreck of a presidency America has suffered under for the past eight years, they could Peewee Herman in the oval office and he'd have a high approval rating. I think most folks are just glad to be waking up up from the nightmare.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"But Mr. Bush enjoyed a high approval rating of 90 percent -- the highest of any president -- following the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001."

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent, CBS News/N.Y. Times Poll Finds President Will Leave Office With Lowest Final Approval Rating Ever - CBS News

lol...right.

that 22% is BS, and was paraded around the mainstream media... coming from CBS (home to Dan Rather and Katie Couric) and the NYT... shit, you may as well have Air America do the poll.

Gallup had his final rating at 34%. The average was somewhere slightly over 30. CBS/NYT... two dying media outlets looking to cook the numbers, in order to sell papers/get eyeballs.

Also, ...glad I looked it up... Obama's average rating sits at 73% not 68%. Come ppl, do I have double-check all your work ;-)

Last edited: