7.5/8 inches -- how common?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by giant1234, Jan 31, 2012.

1. giant1234

giant1234 Member

How common are properly measured 7.5 / 8 inch penises in the wild? I'm talking the real world here, not us LPSG freaks (and I mean that in the kindest, most complimentary way). I define "properly measured" as bone-pressed, with a ruler along the top, while standing, with the penis held straight out and parallel to the floor. That is how the vast majority of the studies measure, so it's really the only way to accurately compare. This is not the thread to argue bone-pressed vs non-bone-pressed, besides, we all press anyway. Some draw blood.

My assumption, and belief, is that 7.5 true inches is actually very rare, 8 inches is very, very rare, and anything above 8 is, well, you get the idea. I guess I'm looking for some statistics here. I've seen several threads that offer some data, but I'd like to get a variety of opinions in one updated post. Thoughts?

2. closetfreak

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    307 million people in the US. How many are registered, photo verified members of LPSG

3. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Reality is, is that we all need to get into reality with regard to penis size.

Very few penises, when measured properly, measure between 7.5 to 8 inches (a true 8-incher is almost unheard of...will find more closer around 7.5 inche ). Same with girth: any man whose girth is truly over 6.5-7 inches is a rarity.

I think that people get so caught up in "big dick" fantasy land that the they start to believe what they know subconciously is so not the case. Besides, does anyone would realize how long 8 inches is? Get a ruler out, for heaven's sake.:rolleyes:

4. giant1234

giant1234 Member

I know it's going to be a bell curve, but I'm wondering statistically about how many guys, in say 1,000, are going to be 7.5 to 8 inches long. It's an arbitrary number, but what I'm getting at is closer to what bigbull is saying. I think true 8 inchers are much rarer than people expect.

5. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Very rare, not common at all.

9 inches of length is pretty much the maximum and ultra rare. Not to mention, that most cocks only reach that number due to downward curvature (i.e. they are not straight as an arrow or upward curved). The "standard" of measuring caters to downward curving cocks more than any other type.

#5 AlphaMale, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. D_Phil_Doneafew

D_Phil_Doneafew Account Disabled

I have seen 7-8 exclusively with the guys I have dated. Without knowing their size before we actually had sex. And a few larger. I do not know about rare but certainly not the majority. Once I was with a guy that was 10. That cock is burned into my memory. My bf is very close to 8. Less common yes, rare maybe not.

7. bobg4400

Gold Member

you mean there are 307 million people in the US with 8 inches or 307 million between 7.5 and 8?

8. nikserof155

nikserof155 Member

Superb tighi circumcision

9. B_Nicodemous

B_Nicodemous New Member

Quit yer whining:tongue: You are still better off then my guy with his left up curve, lol He gets deducted even more than you as the sharp left curve fucks with a straight rulers measurement. And his curve upwards to boot.

I ill say though that in some positions that bottom right sidecan really be felt (his fullest length) but not all.

Meh, He does';t sweat it. Boy knows he has a nice cock. Knows its of a nice size. Specific measurements are useful, but...

Also the inherent issue of measuring fir the base, is that as one has to wonder where to measure to. It would be harder to find a realistic stopping point. In all honesty you and he would gain a bit if i were to measure you lying on your backs from the underside.

In fact that is why they have you hold it perpendicular from the body, as some of you up curvers (you and my Guy) also have up angles that encourage your cocks to lie flat on your stomachs when lying down. We could get into a whole, that's no fair argument as I would point out that as a down curved down angle person this would be unfair to me, as i I moved my cock manually to my stomach i would expose more cock root. Then someone would say that is unfair, as it doesn't fall that way without manipulation, and I would have to point out that when he is riding me he pulls me in that direction depending on which way he is facing and therefore it should very well count as it is going in deeper, and then RawDog will have to comment who in some positions he gets more in, and i would have to find the post i made about that form the last time he mentioned it over a year ago, and go into a long winded theory of why i think this happens, and really, who wants all hat, lol

Prax had a good idea that maybe we should roll down a not to snucg cock ring to the base. I will expand that and say where it stays would be the insertable length, and would be measured on both short and long curve.

10. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

Well, I can only give my own perspective. I am right at 8" BPEL. Visually I don't look that big (certainly no monster) because I have a large pelvis and a substantial fat pad.

You can find some self-reported surveys here and there. One is the the so-called Definitive Penis Size Survey: Definitive Penis Size Survey Results In that self-reported survey a BPEL of 7.9" is at the 90th percentile so 8" would be a little above the 90th percentile of reported results, let's say the 91st or so.

There are also several polls of either starting BPEL or current BPEL on a number of PE sites. Here is one at Cheeky Cherry: Your Original Starting Size Survey - LENGTH - CheekyCherry Free Penis Enlargement Forums In this one a BPEL of 7.9" appears to be right about the 97th percentile so we might guess that 8" would be around the 98th percentile.

In this one: Pre PE length - Thunder's Place Free Penis Enlargement Forums a BPEL of 8" looks to be right about the 98th percentile.

Here: Beginning size poll: Bone Pressed Erect Length (BPEL) a BPEL was just below the 94th percentile.

In this one: Present BPEL Poll almost 9% of men claimed to be over 8" BPEL so eight inches would be a little above the 91st percentile.

So if you believe any of that a BPEL of 8" would be somewhere between the 91st and 98th percentile. Of course, most of these come from penis enlargement sites. One could argue that guys around 7.5" BPEL or more would not be likely to do PE, but I hardly believe that to be the case.

Further, these are all self-reported polls subject to enormous selection bias. All are subject to a little exaggeration, maybe a few outright lies, and then most guys report the very largest BPEL they have ever measured which may not be their norm. And I think it is very likely that well-endowed guys are somewhat more likely to vote on polls of this type than those who are not.

My conclusion is that a BPEL of 8" or more is probably somewhere around the 95th percentile of adult length, so statistically uncommon but I wouldn't call it rare. And the thing about penis sizes is that there are some really big "outliers" so of those 5% of guys who are longer a few (probably very few) may be as much as several inches longer, which skews the perspective. I really do believe that the real world distribution of penis sizes has a distinct "right sided tail", i.e, it departs from a normal distribution. If so, that means that using the usual statistical tools that assume a normal distribution (mean and standard deviation) to calculate the percentage of guys who are above such and such a length would not yield an accurate result.

#10 redbear52, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  11. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

I meant to mention one other study that some might find more credible than the self-reported polls and surveys above. This was a study conducted by physicians at the UCLA medical center in 1996. They measured 80 "normal" men before and after pharmacologically induced erection: Penile length in the flaccid and erect states: guidel... [J Urol. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI

They measured both "erect length" which corresponded to NBPEL and "functional penis length" which was the erect length plus the fat pad thickness (BPEL).

Some details on their results can be seen here: UCSF Penis Size Study Table 1 Data - Measurection - Discussing Man at Length - Small Penis Forum - Powered by FusionBB

Note that for these 80 men the longest NBPEL was 7.6" and the longest BPEL was 8.4" (presumably the same individual). The largest erect girth was 6.4".

Random chance can sometimes produce some highly unlikely results. But the fact that one of these 80 men had a "functional length" of 8.4" might suggest that a BPEL of 8" and greater is not so extraordinarily rare.

12. bobg4400

Gold Member

HOw do you read the paper?
    It just links to a couple of lines of text which is the abstract not the actual paper itself.

Also their average is still about 5.1 inches but in this case it's NBP.
    Maybe everyones been misinterpreting all the other studies?

Elsprigg1019 likes this.
  13. distance

distance Member

7.5/8, mathematically, works out to 15/16 of an inch....do you mean 7 and 5/8, or 7.625"...??

14. redbear52

redbear52 New Member

I have seen the entire paper on line a time or two but I can't give you a link at present. The information in the table on the link from Measurection does provide data from the paper, however.

Yes, in those 80 men the average NBPEL was 5.1", the average BPEL was 6.3" and the average erect circumference was 4.9". Interesting that in the Definitive Penis Size Survey data the average BPEL was also 6.3" and the average maximum erect girth was 5.1". I don't recall from memory whether the erect girth data in the UCLA study was maximum girth or mid shaft girth.

15. D_Herman_Smellville

D_Herman_Smellville New Member

I read somewhere that an 8 incher was in the 98 percentile. Don't know where tho

16. RodRingo

RodRingo New Member

I more or less agree with you. Penis size wouldn't be such a sensitive issue if 7.5s+ were actually common, imo.

17. D_Anna_Wreckzia

D_Anna_Wreckzia Account Disabled

I'm a few millimeters south of 9. It doesn't seem too uncommon to me of course because I see it everyday. I would think maybe 1/100 people were > 7.5". Just my guess tho

18. reuben36

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think 7.5-8 inch penis' are really rare. There are those exceptions where you can find them as evidenced by some that are seen on this site. However i've also often wondered with the natural growth of people in general (1930's avg man 5ft 8in and 145 pounds, 1960's avg man 5ft 10 inches and 165 pounds and 2000 avg man is 6ft and 192 pounds). The measurements through out the years is just what i could find on line of american men but not sure just how accurate they are. But it is something to thing about we have naturally grown bigger physically through out the years so why wouldnt the penis grow as well.

19. hud01

Gold Member

Your cock is huge, but the PS markings on the tape obscure everything. Over 7.5 is probably more like 1 in 10,000

20. bobg4400

Gold Member

While rare I doubt it's this rare given that 8 inches is about 1 in 800 or so.
    It also depends on girth.
    Obviously if you're 7.5 x 6 you're gonna be rarer than someone who's 7.5 x 5.

Discussing pure length doesn't mean anyhting, you need a corresponding girth too.
    for 7-8 length the girth is usually 5-6 since girth is typically 1-2 inches less than length.

hengst22 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted