7 inches common?

crazylazy2us

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably here on lpsg, I think it it's the size where you still feel kinda small, but think you should feel bigger based on the number....which leads you to this site. But I think under 6 is actually pretty common.

S_V_J

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, according to studies carried out the proper way (large, statistically significant, random sample group, measurements carried out by a doctor or nurse, and no volunteers) the erect penis measures in between 5.1 and 5.5 on average.
What you run into in your life is a bit of a different thing.

And yes, it's the most common size present in my life aswell :)

(the method eliminates guys exaggerating, and no volunteers eliminates the fact that hung guys are more likely to vounteer)

rubbernuts

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Agreed. A little short of 5.5" is statistically the average according to proper research.

However the average LPSG member would be bigger. Anyone's guess and there's certainly the BS factor on here, too. If anyone polled LPSG members I think the average of the responses would be 9" :banana:

S_V_J

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I feel I should get measured by a doctor ... It's hard to measure yourself.
Bonepressed and excited I reach 7, but perhaps I'm doing it wrong.
Still kinda neurotic about it ... :)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As S_V_J mentioned, between 5 and 6 (usually closer to 5) is what cold, dispassionate science would tell is - which I trust way, way, way more than guys self-reporting. So while 7 is hardly abnormal, it's not exactly common either. By my experience (with the caveats that I'm no slut [and I use that word lovingly], and I'm shit with the silly imperial measurement system), anywhere between 4 and 7 is totally normal.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As S_V_J mentioned, between 5 and 6 (usually closer to 5) is what cold, dispassionate science would tell is - which I trust way, way, way more than guys self-reporting. So while 7 is hardly abnormal, it's not exactly common either. By my experience (with the caveats that I'm no slut [and I use that word lovingly], and I'm shit with the silly imperial measurement system), anywhere between 4 and 7 is totally normal.

Thats my only issue with cold, dispassionate science.... I know my dick would be a lot shorter in a clinical setting, and I'm guessing there are at least a few guys that couldnt even get a hardon in front of a doc.

Kinda skews the bell curve a bit, cause I doubt there are many guys who get thier biggest in front of a doc.

Txpony

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this is very nice to hear from a lpsg site. I have always felt inferior with 5.5. most chat lines and sites I visit no one is under 8 . I thought damn am I that small compared to the rest of the world. I have been with quite a few guys (or least seen) to say that 7+ is very uncommon. thanks for making my day. why can't these guys just accept 6 in as their real size, and not bs themselves and others. it is the guys personality I fall in luv with not his man (or boy) hood. actually some of the best lovers I have had were 5 and under. guess they had to make up for size, and damn did they ever

Last edited:

D_Aberchirder_Crustinuts

Account Disabled
Media
this is very nice to hear from a lpsg site. I have always felt inferior with 5.5. most chat lines and sites I visit no one is under 8 .
It's good to see someone find comfort in that realization. I like most of these type threads for that reason and don't see why guys are sometimes attacked for putting that sort of information out there. Presenting facts that might help many people feel better about themselves can't be a bad thing, and the way I see it, any guys who are genuinely large will only feel bigger if the more accurate statistics are more common.

Crunch

Sort of on topic, this was a quote I saved a while back from a different forum. Hope nobody's offended by it. Just thought it was funny as crap :biggrin1: :

The lying and braggadocio on LPSG far exceeds the random exaggeration you'll find anytime you Google looking for threads about penis size and are directed to mainstream chat sites like askmen or cupid.com or any of those types of things.

It's like they have assembled the collective bullshit artists from the entire planet in one convenient location. Not just guys with big dicks, its guys who THINK they have big dicks, guys who WISH they HAD big dicks, kids who barely HAVE dicks, and of course, the proprietors of pay sites who profit on insecurities about penis size, pretending to be women COMPLAINING about not getting enough guys with big dicks.

That is not to make the claim there are no guys with big dicks there. Of course there are, just like there are here. But to your point, I'm sure the majority of guys there CLAIM 8x6. I think most of them need to read a few threads from this forum about how to measure. Ever check out the members pics section?

ben.taylor25

Just Browsing
Media
Just a few comments from a data analyst…

I think that a genuine 7 inch penis is really quite big, and I suspect that the real average/median size is quite a bit smaller for the following reasons.

There is no perfect study of penis size. However, if you take all of the studies done and do a meta-analysis by plotting their statistical power (e.g. how rigorous their methodology was, sample size etc.) against the reported average size, you find a very strong correlation. The results show that the better the study, the smaller the reported sizes; and the worse the study (e.g. some of the self-reported ones) the larger the size. If you extrapolate from this you end up with a “real” average size of a little less than 5.5 inches.

Also, don’t forget that when most people talk about the average size, what they really want to know is the median size. That is to say, what is the size where 50% of men are larger and 50% of men are smaller? All the data I’ve seen has a distribution that non-normal and is biased towards the larger sizes. What this means is that the average size is greater than the median size. In other words if 5.5 inches is taken to be the average size, then most men will have a penis smaller than 5.5 inches. It’s counterintuitive, I know – but that’s how the stats work out.

There’s also the quite obvious exaggeration in size as reported by people on the internet. You only have to compare the sizes people report to some of their photographs to see how obvious the exaggeration is. Not to mention the distortion in reported size due to very spurious measuring techniques.

To be fair to these people, they probably feel that they are smaller than the “average” due to the problems I’ve discussed above, and therefore feel that they need to exaggerate in order to keep up.

Conclusions: 7 inches is probably much less common than is thought, and the internet needs more statisticians.