7 jeans

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by blooeyz, Nov 2, 2008.

1. blooeyz

blooeyz New Member

I was wondering why 7 jeans were so popular.
    I bought a pair and found out why.
    the cut really emphasizes your physique.
    They aren't tight, but my package looks huge
    I would never wear these to work, but I'm going to start wearing them every weekend for fun.:biggrin1:

2. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    no wonder our country is so fucked up. When did spending $200 on a pair of jeans become acceptable?

I know some people can afford to spend that money, but why would they want to? I weep for the future.

3. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

What's wrong with $200 jeans? If you have the money and want to spend it, go right ahead. One of the great things about the US is that you are able to buy whatever you want to wear. :biggrin1:

4. premium

premium Member

Albums:
    hahaha. 7 jeans are decent. but F paying full retail..i got mine @ filenes basement. i think i paid $60. i don't like spending $30 on jeans but seeing as they retailed for 2hun, i convinced myself it was a good deal. and i like my purchase

5. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    Yup, that's a great thing alright!

Why not spend $40 and donate $160 to charity?

6. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Why not wear the jeans and donate your time to charity? Who care how much people spend on their clothes. Maybe for some people $200 is not much money. For some people, $30 is a lot of money for jeans, but that doesn't mean that if you can afford more that you shouldn't spend it. If you can't pay your rent, but are out buying fancy clothes, that's a problem, but having the money and doing it is something different entirely.

7. B_Giovani

B_Giovani New Member

Why. not spending $500 on a pair of jean and giving $100,000 on charity, that was quite a jugment. I mean how do you know what he does, just because he spend $200 for jeans, but maybe he make more for society then you... Juging is fuck up for me

#7 B_Giovani, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  8. chadstallion

Gold Member

Albums:
    one of my favorite pair of jeans to freeball in. very soft material.

9. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    7 For All Mankind and True Religion are the reason that LA is the denim capital right now. Their fit is impeccable and I haven't seen many people who don't look good in them. That's hard to say about alot of brands right now...and yes, the soft lycra blend makes 7 jeans really good for freeballing.

On a side note: I hate when people make callous judgments about other's spending habits just because they may have different ways to spend their money. I'm sure there are alot of people out there who didn't think twice about spending $500 on a PS3, $400 on an XBOX 360 and $2,000 on a 32" flatscreen, but they have the nerve to talk shit about someone who likes jeans as much as they like playing video games? Tacky, tacky tacky.

10. xolinlevh

xolinlevh New Member

Albums:
    I've been debating buying a pair of 7s....haven't before because I love jeans with crazy pocket details....I have 2 pair of Trues that look awsome and 3 pairs of Dolce....what's wrong with spending money on clothes if they work for you?

11. kyberneticka

kyberneticka Member

Albums:
    you can't compare technology to a pair of jeans.

When technology is introduced there are many things factored into the price. Development, design, new manufacturing equipment, packaging, etc.. Electronics prices are always high to begin with then they drop as the item becomes cheaper to produce. Also, video game companies make very little money, and some even lose money, on each system sold.

Jeans are a different story. They design them, then manufacture them on the same equipment used to make a $40 pair of jeans. Many times in the same factory by the same workers. Just what constitutes the $200 price tag?

Arguing is pointless so I'll leave it at that. Go buy your jeans.

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Someone once told me something I would like to share; "Unless someone else is paying your bills... no one can tell you how or where to spend your money."

13. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do you know what I do for a living? I'm a denim designer. The manufacturing process is equal in both industries, so I can argue that and I did.

And yes I will go buy my jeans because I love them.

14. blooeyz

blooeyz New Member

Who the hell are you to criticize my spending habits?!
    You don't know me
    I have devoted 15 years to my career and have worked DAMN hard to get where I am today.
    It is about perspective, I remember when I thought $200 was a lot. Now it's not. I go the movies with my wife and kid and it costs me $100.

#14 blooeyz, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  15. xolinlevh

xolinlevh New Member

Albums:
    aye, only reason i have jeans that cost $550 is cuz i got employee discount on em!

16. rangisrovus19

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Okay children, here it is plain and simple from someone who knows what they are talking about besides yngjock20:

It's all how you look at it. I only wear designer denim because I find it fascinating how much attention to detail in form, color, fit, and texture goes into a pair of jeans. I see it purely as art. And I'm an artist. That's why some people wear them. Some people don't understand art, and that's okay.

$200 is the average price range. When you wear them you would understand why they are that pricey. I have never been able to convince a single person who began in opposition of the idea of designer denim as being worth it - until they try a pair on. The results are pretty shocking, even though some are not thoroughly convinced, they would then see why an individual would want to make an investment towards them.

Again, it's just how you look at it.

17. lowteg

lowteg Member

I don't see a problem with sending 100-200 range on jeans as this is the price you pa for a good pair.

When people pay like 500-1000+ its a worry lol but its their money and their life so who cares.

18. xolinlevh

xolinlevh New Member

Albums:
    being into fashion sometimes really sucks, one of my best friends is TOTALLY not and she always bitches at me for buying designer stuff....all her clothes come from sears =/

19. CoolSam

CoolSam New Member

Albums:
    I don't know this brand. I am just wondering if it is confortable for well endowed men??? Or do you always have to suffer with your package squeezed in there?

20. xolinlevh

xolinlevh New Member

Albums:
    went to Neimans the other day and picked up a pair, once they are done being tailored il see how flattering they are!

Draft saved Draft deleted