70% of men are big

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media
I don't feel that it makes much sense to classify 70% of penises and "big". The great majority are what have to be considered as pretty much average.

Attached is my way of categorizing cocks. I would consider only cocks 7" or greater to be big. And I would consider to be small only those under 5".

The term "big" is not to be confused with "big enough to please a partner" or "big enough to thrill a size queen" or "big enough not to feel inadequate about". Those are very different considerations.

since there is up to an inch or more difference between bone pressed or not it should be specified if for example 7 is bp or not.personally i fall into kinda big if i press the ruler into the bone whereas i m only high average if the ruler barely touches my skin that is visible lenght...also what bout the girth???

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't feel that it makes much sense to classify 70% of penises and "big". The great majority are what have to be considered as pretty much average.

Attached is my way of categorizing cocks. I would consider only cocks 7" or greater to be big. And I would consider to be small only those under 5".

The term "big" is not to be confused with "big enough to please a partner" or "big enough to thrill a size queen" or "big enough not to feel inadequate about". Those are very different considerations.

Seems like deja vu... anyway, the problem with the 1st chart is that the "huge" category doesn't exist in the real world (not to mention that according to the chart: 9.0" would only be big, but then 9.5" is huge?) and the problem with both charts is that they don't take into account girth.

Last edited:

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It all depends on whether you consider average to cover a range or to be a single value. I favor the former, with most in the average range.

Lots of times you will see people say things like "anywhere between 4-8 inches is average" or "anywhere between 5-7 inches is average."

Well there is a huge (psychological) difference between having a 4-5 inch dick than having a 7-8 inch dick.

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Lots of times you will see people say things like "anywhere between 4-8 inches is average" or "anywhere between 5-7 inches is average."

Well there is a huge (psychological) difference between having a 4-5 inch dick than having a 7-8 inch dick.

That's why a 4-5 inch dick isn't regarded as average, and a 7-8 inch dick isn't average either.

A 6 inch dick is average, over is above average, under is below average.

I guess you're having trouble with how numbers work.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's why a 4-5 inch dick isn't regarded as average, and a 7-8 inch dick isn't average either.

I just wonder why people have to add mean spirited comments to discussions like this. Do you somehow feel better about yourself by making a smarmy comment to someone you don't know. Would you do that in person?

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If we were talking about maths then yes I would, it's very basic maths.

There's quite a lot of difference between a 4 inch winkle and an 8 inch tally whacker.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Finally...an intelligent post in an inane thread. That should pretty much wrap this up but, based on what I've read up until this point, there will surely continue to be more ignorance proudly displayed. :rolleyes:

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why is that funny?

Because if it was so inane I would think you would just ignore it but instead you go out of your way to read enough to determine that it is inane which means that actually it was interesting enough to read and then also use your fingers and expend energy pushing the little buttons on your computer that creates words when you push them in the correct order just to express some pent up anger for the purpose of putting someone else down. That my friend is funny.

Last edited:

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
funny how you feel its inane but still read and comment...

Because if it was so inane I would think you would just ignore it but instead you go out of your way to read enough to determine that it is inane which means that actually it was interesting enough to read and then also use your fingers and expend energy pushing the little buttons on your computer that creates words when you push them in the correct order just to express some pent up anger for the purpose of putting someone else down. That my friend is funny.

I'll keep this brief and to the point, lest I expend unwarranted energy pushing the little buttons on my computer creating words to express myself. This is an open forum with a myriad of threads encompassing many topics and opinions. One would hope that a person posting in any particular thread would actually bother to read through said thread in order to post a valid, educated opinion. Nothing funny about that.

based on what I've read up until this point, there will surely continue to be more ignorance proudly displayed. :rolleyes:

That didn't take long

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the total percentage adds up to 100.2%?
That is very normal. If you took the percentages out farther they would be closer to 100.

I question the numbers. I need to find the actual study

Edit:

To add

More recent studies have produced the following results:
A sample of 60 men studied by researchers at the University of California at San Francisco determined that the average size of their erect penises was 5.1 inches long and 4.9 inches in girth. A Brazilian urologist who measured 150 men reported that the average size of their erections was 5.7 inches long and 4.7 inches in girth

Last edited:

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You said: "One would hope that a person posting in any particular thread would actually bother to read through said thread in order to post a valid, educated opinion"

Exactly....you called this an inane thread but did not submit a valid educated opinion on the topic other than to call it an inane topic.

Well there are LOTS of guys with penises smaller than yours that actually spend time and energy worrying about it. It is helpful to some to look at the data with a critical eye and not be told to just shut up and stop whining about their little dick because it is average...when in fact it may not be average. If you don't like the topic, why do you spend time reading and responding....just let us who find it interesting talk back and forth without the mean spiritedness?

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is very normal. If you took the percentages out farther they would be closer to 100.

I question the numbers. I need to find the actual study

Edit:

To add

More recent studies have produced the following results:
A sample of 60 men studied by researchers at the University of California at San Francisco determined that the average size of their erect penises was 5.1 inches long and 4.9 inches in girth. A Brazilian urologist who measured 150 men reported that the average size of their erections was 5.7 inches long and 4.7 inches in girth

I think the big question is....when talking about average is....getting back to the concept of mean, median, and mode. Is a 5.7 or 6 inch penis by far the "mode" or is their a wide and consistent range in the data?

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
yeah i understand now thanks..

does it seem weird to anyone else how the bell curve has about half the number of guys measured length ending in 1/4 and 3/4 increments than those with whole or 1/2?

looks like lots of measurements were rounded to the whole or 1/2 increments...and i bet it wasn't down, if self measured. ;)