70% of men are big

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yeah i understand now thanks..

does it seem weird to anyone else how the bell curve has about half the number of guys measured length ending in 1/4 and 3/4 increments than those with whole or 1/2?

looks like lots of measurements were rounded to the whole or 1/2 increments...and i bet it wasn't down, if self measured. ;)

Another big variable is whether you press the ruler against your pelvic bone as you measure vs. just measuring the skin length. I know for me...I am 5.75 or so when pressed and more like 5 when just measuring skin.....I prefer the bone press :)

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
exactly. i can gain an inch sitting and bp.
so the whole scale for a self measured study is shifted up in length by both bone pressed and rounding up to nearest 1/2 or whole inch.

and for me at least, if i was measured clinically, i would probably be an inch shorter or more. due to not being fully aroused and also being a grower.

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
exactly. i can gain an inch sitting and bp.
so the whole scale for a self measured study is shifted up in length by both bone pressed and rounding up to nearest 1/2 or whole inch.

and for me at least, if i was measured clinically, i would probably be an inch shorter or more. due to not being fully aroused and also being a grower.

saw your pics....oh my.....you are lucky man....at least i was blessed with handsomeness, smarts, and a nice ass...LOL

fournineteenfiftynine

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most published reports state that average penis size is around 5.5 inches. And that 8 inchers are rather rare, just maybe not on this site.

This is what we have been talking about....I think the question is what do we mean by average....most common size? Or when you add up a wide ranging variety that is the middle?

rybkapipka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Many guys would never tell what is them real size. It's because our culture where big penis simply equals better man... That's why it's so hard to do penis good penis size survey. And also that's why I don't like to talk about my cock size with friends. I don't need to prove them my size...

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The problem is that it's the Bigger Guys who allow themselves to be measured by others, and self-measurement is so often stretched by wishful thinking. As far as reports from female partners is concerned, I doubt that many women whip out the tapemeasure in the middle of lovemaking.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
:bsflag:
I've looked at several studies and graphs. It appears that 70% of men are 6 inches or bigger. About 25% are 5 or over but not quite 6. And about 5% are below 5 inches.

While some may call 6 average...which statistically it is....but 6 is really a nice handful and in my book, big enough.

So if you are in that over 6 group, consider yourself big and lucky.

If you are in that 5-6 group...damn nature....it gave you a decent penis but not big enough to really be called big....can work but let's be honest both you and your lovers would like a little more...

If you are in that less than 5" group you have a right to be pissed off at nature because most people, women and especially gay men, really don't want you and would very much consider dumping you for that reason alone.....it sucks...

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I give credit for a slightly novel approach to creating an sph thread.

But dock most of the points back for the trollish follow-ups.

askew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I appreciate your thoughts and perceptions...they are YOUR perceptions and only your perceptions. The 70% figure is based on actual data...70% of cocks are over 6 inches. Therefore if you are less than 6 inches your cock is smaller than average.

You can't base every guy in the world off of one study. Not unless every guy over the age of eighteen drops his pants and is measured, there is no way to know what "small", "average", or "large" truly is. And these qualifiers are going to vary from person to person depending on their own experiences and perceptions. What might be large to someone could be average to someone else. What might be small, someone else sees as big and so on.

And for these types of studies to be as accurate as possible, the measuring should be done by model-type women or hunky stud guys (depending on what the measuree prefers).

These studies always crack me up, usually done in clinical settings by scientists or self-reported, yeah truly defining.

Young

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I doubt most numbers about average penis size. I figure most men who want to be measured are not too shy about there size. I think that people below a certain length just won't participate in these surveys. So I seriously doubt we know for sure what the average length is.

It's probably about six inches. It's what you hear most often.

D_Aberchirder_Crustinuts

Account Disabled
Media
what's kind of ironic is all the attention that length gets, but girth is equally important.
It's also hard as crap to measure. Mine loses a good chunk the second I start fumbling around trying to wrap something around it other than my hand. :tongue:

Did anyone else notice that only white, college men were surveyed?
It's probably because 70% of men are white, college men. :biggrin1:

Crunch

very_hairy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think that what people get confused by is the mean (average) and mode (most common size) of penis. While the "average" size may be 5", the mode size is more around 7". The discrepancy is pretty obvious - there are more men with penises that are much smaller than men with penises that are much larger. As an example, say you had 100 guys and 30 of them had 7", 5 had 8", 3 had 9", 1 had 10", 16 had 6", 15 had 5", 11 had 4", 9 had 3", 6 had 2", 4 had 1". The average would be 5.5", but you would be MOST LIKELY to find a 7". Just my 2 cents.