8.0 Earthquake Hits Peru

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Principessa, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

I know we have a few members from Brazil and other parts of South America. Do we have anybody in Peru? Have we heard from them in the last 24 hours?

I'm hoping nobody lost family or friends in this devastating natural disaster. :frown1:

Contributions: Peru: Earthquake - Aug 2007, Peru: Earthquake Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2007, 17 Aug 2007, Situation Reports: Peru: Earthquake - Aug 2007, Peru: Earthquake Fact Sheet #1, Fiscal Year (FY) 2007, 17 Aug 2007

Peru coast hit by powerful aftershock
    A powerful aftershock measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale struck the southern coast of Peru this morning, as residents struggled to recover from Wednesday's earthquake in which at least 510 people died.

Peru's president appealed for calm after outbreaks of looting in the worst affected areas. Survivors desperate for food and water ransacked a public market while other mobs looted a refrigerated trailer and blocked aid trucks on the Panamerican highway. Many people are living on the streets because they fear that their homes will collapse.

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Wow, that's scary! I hope everyone is okay!

3. ital8

ital8 New Member

The news media hasn't seemed to give out too many details. I don't know if it is because of lack of communication or what. But nonetheless, I was expecting more coverage considering the severity of this natural disaster. I guess Lindsey Lohan or Paris Hilton are more important.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

I thought the lack of information is because most communication towers were destroyed in the earthquake. Plus due to all the crumbled buildings and roads, I'm guessing getting there is difficult. I have no idea what condition their airport is in now.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry everybody... DIdnt mean to make such an impact continent wide..

He was pretty hot, and we got it on for HOURS... when we orgasmed, we made EVERYTHING shake.

OOPS

6. D_Egloshayle Churchkey

People like you should be banned, it`s not funny, people may have lost lives (I hope that there are not any casualties)

7. Yorkie

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted