84% of americans hate their jobs

MARCOPOLO4

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i hate my job because i'm tired and bored with it and i've worked more than 35 years of my life & wish i was retired. i also have an asshole for a supervisor which does'nt help matters. the pay and benefits are better than average which is why a stick it out one day at a time.i can't retire because i don't have enough $ to make it till age 62 or 65.realistically i'd estimate that i can retire in another 5 to 7 years.i hope i can make it.

kirbster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I detest my job because I have an asshole for a boss (he creates a poisonous attitude), I'm paid too little, get no benefits, and am bored out of my mind half the time. I'd take almost anything that paid enough and offered benefits, but I've had no luck finding anything.

Anyone hiring in Richmond, VA?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm sort of self-employed. So it would be dumb for me to complain about how well an architect of my life I've been so far. As one of those twin sisters in the Chicago papers used to lisp through their dentures, "Wake up and smell the coffee!"

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sort of self-employed. So it would be dumb for me to complain about how well an architect of my life I've been so far. As one of those twin sisters in the Chicago papers used to lisp through their dentures, "Wake up and smell the coffee!"

Self-employed also, I LOVE my job so, why did I post here? To rub it in? NO :biggrin1:

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
college professor - I love my job - I love teaching - I love the kids - I love doing research - I love presenting my research at conferences all over the world - I love publishing it in journals. I don't do it for the money - I have plenty of that. I'd even do it without pay.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I talk to quite a few people and nearly everyone likes their job, we don't live in the big city and maybe that helps. Unless you ask, like the OP, you will only hear about bad jobs from unhappy people. There are big city type jobs here but people don't have to go home in traffic jams, breathe smog all day or have psychos shooting at them on the freeway.

I like my job and I have never had a job I didn't like.

Be happy!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only job I hated was working at McDonald's when I was 16. The manager was sexually harassing me. I won't give it to him so he fired me.

I love what I do now.

footlonghotdog

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
one of my high school teachers used to say:

"one of the best things that you can do is to do what you love and find somebody to pay you for it"

(btw, sitting on the couch doesn't count unless you test couches :tongue:)

Altitude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I enjoy my job for the most part. The pay is good, my boss is good, my co-workers (usually) are good. If you really, really hate your job... why the hell are you working there?!

kirbster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you really, really hate your job... why the hell are you working there?!
In this George W. Bush economy, finding a good job is extremely difficult! I would if I could. Sure, I could find some job, but to find one that pays enough and provides benefits, that's another story entirely! In the meantime, I've just got to tough it out in this hellhole of a job.