$85,000 cellphone bill

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That is why I have an unlimited web plan and unlimited texting. Did you know my two teenage boys texted over 2400 messages last month? And that was a low number for them.

Is that 2,400 texts each or combined? I just checked my bill and I had 1,027 texts last month. :tongue: Are you saying that I, a 41 year old woman am no better than a teenage boy when it comes to texting? :tongue::wink::biggrin1:

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
im so glad i ditched a mobile phone years ago.i was fed up getting calls from folk when i didnt want them,etc,etc......also cost alot of money to make calls that you wouldnt normally make.if someone needs me they have my landline and if im not home they can always leave a message and i can always return it...i can understand folks who need them but well i think most of the time theyre all hype and companies just want your cash topping them up of by changing models frequently expection folks to keep up with fashionable design features,etc......i have no need for one and thats how i intend to stay.

I had a cellphone from 1998 to 2002 but have now been quite happily cell-free for almost 5 years. People can phone me at home and leave a message as you say ...

But I am thinking of getting a secret cell phone again just for my own use. I won't give anyone the number, but it will be useful for me to be able to use it to phone home to check my messages especially since the evil whore ma bell has just doubled the price of payphone calls (and payphones are rapidly going the way of the dinosaur) ...
it would also be useful if I'm stuck at a bus-stop to be able to phone to get the times since the monopoly bus 'service' here can't be bothered posting the times at the stop but just post a different phone number for an automated list of bus times for each stop because well I dont know why probably bcause they are just lazy and the bus company like bell treats customers with contempt because they are a monopoly ...

anyway for sure I am not going to use a cell phone as a web surfer or as a camera or as a vcr or as a walkman or as an arcade game or whatever other fancy hyped shit they try to hook you with ... (wow I think I must be a luddite ... wanting real humans instead of machines ... fancy that)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a T-Mobile contract (UK) and I get unlimited free internet.
I use my phone as a computer modem all the time (actually, I'm doing it right now) and my bill is always £35.50 a month (about $70)

Check the fine print, you'll see that unlimited isn't quite what it seems. I'm sure you don't reach the limits on your err, unlimited internet.

I think it should be illegal to advertise something as unlimited when it isn't. For example, for unlimited calls read - up to 3000 minutes well that's 3000 minutes of included calls, not unlimited calls, isn't it?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I had a cellphone from 1998 to 2002 but have now been quite happily cell-free for almost 5 years. People can phone me at home and leave a message as you say ...

But I am thinking of getting a secret cell phone again just for my own use. I won't give anyone the number

I have a Virgin Mobile cellphone that I keep in my car for emergencies. It cost me $30 and I got it a couple of years ago. Only 2 people have the number and I never leave it on, so if someone calls, they get a message system. I don't have a monthly phone bill. I buy a phone card or go on their website and charge $20 when I'm running low on minutes. It's great. No monthly bills. No people calling me wherever I am. I lived my entire life without a cellphone, and I'm not going to become a cellphone addict like so many people. They're talking while they're pumping gas, talking at the store checkout, talking in the bank, talking while walking down the road, at the gym. I've heard phones ringing at funerals.:mad: I'm so sick of it and refuse to become part of it. And all the annoying ring tones. ugh!