9/11 A Day That Will Live in Infamy.

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi everyone I just wanted to say a short little poem that I just thought of.

9/11

It was an ordinary September Day that we will not forget.
People went to work as usual with hardly any regret.
The sun was shining grass was green and we had not yet forseen.
What was to come and how we'd feel.
When the world stopped turning and we knew it was the real deal.
Many watched and could not believe.
Could it be our eyes deceive.
Sadly no was the answer.
Tears were shed and hearts were broke.
It was hard for people even when they spoke.
Volunteers showed their kindness.
To shield us from the blinding violence.
Children cried who lost their moms and dads.
The world was full of mourning that day.
Even our enemies around the world did pray.
For New York,the world,and our nation.
For this day was not a celebration.
Now years later we still cry.
For the loss of lives that shouldnt have died.
I remember and never forget.
The world does not have one regret.
Because on that day there was so much love.
That proved no matter we would rise above.
We are survivors and will always be.
We will not lie down for the enemy.
SEPT.11,2001
A day that will always mean the same for everyone.
Let us live our lives in peace.
So this type of violence.
Will soon cease.
Avalonlovelove.
Sorry i am normally better than this i havent done poetry in years so bare with me people.LOL.
Seriously though God bless New York,the victims of those planes,volunteers who were so kind and selfless,the children who no longer have parents,and so on.September 11,2001.We Will Never Forget.GOD BLESS AMERICA!:smile:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
While I believe that this day is significant in our country's history, it is more a recognition and sorrow for the innocents who were killed. I feel badly for those families and I wish them healing and strength. At the same time, I must respectfully add that the current war has proven little effectiveness in strengthening terrorism. It's just a political farce now, one that has resulted in multiple, multiple more deaths, just as innocent, both Iraqi and American. The strength to resist terrorism comes from within -- an ability to carry on with normal, everyday live and refusing to cower in fear.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While I believe that this day is significant in our country's history, it is more a recognition and sorrow for the innocents who were killed. I feel badly for those families and I wish them healing and strength. At the same time, I must respectfully add that the current war has proven little effectiveness in strengthening terrorism. It's just a political farce now, one that has resulted in multiple, multiple more deaths, just as innocent, both Iraqi and American. The strength to resist terrorism comes from within -- an ability to carry on with normal, everyday live and refusing to cower in fear.

Well stated Dee. I see why you are a favorite of the forum.

I think the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said it best:

We will match your capacity to inflict suffering with our ability to endure suffering.

Rather than continuously mourn the dead why not honor them by continuing on and living life to the fullest without fear. So on this solemn day honor the dead by living to the fullest.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate it when people proclaim their country to be superior, so Goddamn obnoxious.

That is exactly why I said God bless the world. This transcends national pride and honor. The shock of the plane hitting those towers wa felt no less in London, Paris, Cairo, etc. than it was in New York.

Avalon has the right mind in posting this, let's try to respect his genuine thought and not take it personally or get upset.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally Posted by Osiris
Rather than continuously mourn the dead why not honor them by continuing on and living life to the fullest without fear. So on this solemn day honor the dead by living to the fullest.

Very well said.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The heart was in the right place, Avalon. Very nice...Yes we'll always remember that day and where we were and how we felt: touched, hurt, saddened, angry, yet hopeful.

Given hope from the spirit and heroism shown by so many in the face of such cruelty.

(And yes, we'll "bare" with you. Fact, let's all bare with each other. T'would be a better bare-assed place to be).

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That was lovely!!! And still to this day I feel sad what happened,
But life is life and we ALL will go on!!!!!!!
GOD bless everyone who believe's in peace

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for saying you threw up in your mouth.How about you do me a major favor and never read another one of my posts okay.I spoke from the heart so if you have a problem with what i wrote go somewhere else.Hmm... yet another rude member of LPSG no surprise run into many here who are exactly like you.You have a good name chosen you are IRATE!!!Besides you apparently lack any sensitivity to understand it so there.
How about you do me a favor and post things like this in your own thread, and not my inbox?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These photos are disturbing but they show you why it`s so important to fight the war on terrorism. If anyone ever says it`s a stupid war show them these photos, just think, this could have been you or your family members at the world trade towers that day.

lafever

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think the second photo's the worst!!!!
Those poor people!
What a choice to make:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
GOD bless them!!!!!

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
911 has lost all sentiment for me because of Bush's exploitation. After 911, the world sympathized with the US. After Bush was done using 911 to make the US population paranoid and convincing the US that war with Iraq was necessary, the world turned against the US.

About 5,000 people died in New York on 911. The US has slaughtered about 500,000 Iraqis (most of them innocent civilians). Why do people forget this? Is it only American lives that matter? To see the coverage, you'd assume so.

For every graphic image of 911, there are thousands of oppressed graphic images of dead, dying, people and children in Iraq; dozens of pictures of dead and dying US soldiers in Iraq. (Remember when Bush forbade all photographers from taking pictures of US soldiers in their caskets?)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As quoted by henry miller

henry millerRe: 9/11 A Day That Will Live in Infamy.
911 has lost all sentiment for me because of Bush's exploitation. After 911, the world sympathized with the US. After Bush was done using 911 to make the US population paranoid and convincing the US that war with Iraq was necessary, the world turned against the US.

About 5,000 people died in New York on 911. Why do people forget this? Is it only American lives that matter? To see the coverage, you'd assume so.

For every graphic image of 911, there are thousands of oppressed graphic images of dead, dying, people and children in Iraq; dozens of pictures of dead and dying US soldiers in Iraq. (Remember when Bush forbade all photographers from taking pictures of US soldiers in their caskets?)

My answer to you,
How many dead americans or dead people from other countries from all around the world would there be right now if it wasn`t for the war on terrorism? Would millions be a good estimate. I`d like to know where you get the number 500,000. This is your quote(The US has slaughtered about 500,000 Iraqis (most of them innocent civilians). Thats bullshit, i guess you don`t remember the hundreds of thousands of iraqi soldiers who surrendered and thanked us for giving them water, food and supplies that helped to keep them alive from being left out in the middle of nowhere by their comander. Sadam killed more of his own people than the total loss of the whole war on terrorism.
Next time you want to get onto the bleading heart liberal train fighting for non-existant virtues you might want to get your facts strait.
Oh, by the way, i guess you`d rather have the terrorists just bomb the hell out of the u.s. and the rest of the world. Thanks for your opinion though, as in the u.s and most other free countries you can do that, voice our own opinion that is. Alqieda or Saddam would have kindnaped your whole family in the middle of the night, torture them, and then kill them just for you voicing your opinion, so ponder on that for awhile you d**b a**.

lafever