9-11 wasn't that bad

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It is too bad that a person like her, with that dangerous kind of cruel brain, wasn't on one of those four planes the day of 9-11. The American People do not need her type in its' citizenry. Does she think that the killing of three- tousand people was just a back-page news item? Administrators, you have a job to do!!!

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Bingo, Pup.

Not to diminish in any way the physical loss, but the real cost of 9/11 was and still is, it's effect on the American collective psyche. That was ample to set in motion a train of events that will likely outlive those that started them.

In terms of the raw numbers, it needs to be seen in a broader context, but the losses are still too near the surface for too many for that to happen, yet, IMHO.

Thief. You've taken the words out of my mouth, dong.
Hmmm. "You've taken the words out of my mouth, dong."
What a Freudian slip, as someone just pointed out in PM.:rolleyes:

What to do?

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I played along on the Bill Cosby thread, but I'm not touching this with a 10 ft pole.
The view on the issue is based upon perspective, thus making each person's claim valid.

P.S. Feeding it only makes it bigger ;)

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It is too bad that a person like her, with that dangerous kind of cruel brain, wasn't on one of those four planes the day of 9-11. The American People do not need her type in its' citizenry. Does she think that the killing of three- tousand people was just a back-page news item? Administrators, you have a job to do!!!

I find this to be the most offensive post in the thread.

thoreau

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Chilean coup was a USA tragedy?

For the Chileans it definitely was a tragedy.

And that fact that the US Govt. purposefully assassinated the elected leader of another country is tragic for us given the beliefs and ideals we espouse this nation to be founded upon.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so if it's televised it has greater importance...is that what you're saying skull mason.
so if it had been done without any tv cameras around you're partially dismissing 9/11

Yeah by reading my post its obvious you can tell I'm dismissing 9/11:confused:
Are you the OP?

Did I say anything about importance?

I said nothing about importance but implied, in fact not only implied but straight up said that it has a greater impact on people, in America or around the world, when they can see it and experience it with their own eyes. Not reading about it in a book, or watching some grainy flight footage from 10,000 feet up. This was in everyone's living room around the world. I'm pretty sure bin laden was more than happy it was on tvs around the world. I bet you were one of those people running through the streets cheering, though.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ban her...Im so sick I could puke. You come to afghanistan with me next time Im sent so I can leave you there on some desolate mountain. Youd rethink yourself then.
Thank you for going over there. I know it's not easy and I appreciate the efforts of all the men and women who fight so bravely.

Ban her...I wouldnt even have to go there if it never happened, so it IS that bad.
I agree, she's a troll, probably a previously banned member judging by the date she joined.

what do we have to do to just get this thread deleted off the board as well?
Unfortunately if they haven't done it by now they aren't going to do so. That said, I'm not sure if it should be deleted or just closed.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
And that fact that the US Govt. purposefully assassinated the elected leader of another country is tragic for us given the beliefs and ideals we espouse this nation to be founded upon.

To be fair, in Chile, it is now pretty generally accepted that Allende committed suicide.
One person who claimed to have witnessed the suicide said so at the time.
More convincingly, a number of people who also witnessed the act, or came into the room within seconds, acknowledged what they had long known, once democracy had been restored to Chile.
They hadn't wanted to confirm his suicide during the Pinochet years because suicide rather than murder at the hands of Pinochet's forces would lessen the outrage against the hated regime.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its style is exactly like it has been the last 5 or so times this troll has been here. I reported it, we'll see what happens.
I reported this troll right after I posted early this morning.:cool:

You have to realize that there is a difference between saying "exploitation of peoples' grief was a disgusting move by the administration" and saying "it wasn't that bad, it wasn't a tragedy."
I get that; but clearly many others do not.

Honestly, even trying to play devil's advocate in that manner is disgusting.
Of course it is. You shouldn't have to be American or from the NYC metro area to realize this very simple concept.