9 Trillion Reasons HealthCare May Be Dead

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
and that's NBC's headline.

Mr. "I won't rest until every American who wants a job, can find one" is on vacation again after dropping a bomb late friday. Obama's administration finally admits that they were just being silly by sticking to their budget numbers for months! Obama can't even get the numbers right and we are supposed to think he knows what he's doing on healthcare?

9 Trillion Reasons Healthcare May Be Dead
Drowning in Red Ink
The Obama administration next week will release a new budget forecast projecting the deficit over the next ten years will reach approximately $9 trillion – a significant jump from the $7 trillion deficit that officials had projected at the beginning of the year.

Nine trillion dollars -- an increase projection of $2 trillion in barely six months. Earlier this week, this year's deficit numbers were also released: The administration puts the figure at $1.58 trillion, while the Congressional Budget Office estimates it to be $1.825 trillion. The CBO figure is notable because the office's director helped put the health care plan into critical condition by saying that it wouldn't cut costs.

Reuter's goes something like:

Obama to raise 10-year deficit to $9 trillion

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration will raise its 10-year budget deficit projection to approximately $9 trillion from $7.108 trillion in a report next week, a senior administration official told Reuters on Friday.

The higher deficit figure, based on updated economic data, brings the White House budget office into line with outside estimates and gives further fuel to President Barack Obama's opponents, who say his spending plans are too expensive in light of budget shortfalls.

The White House took heat for sticking with its $7.108 trillion forecast earlier this year after the Congressional Budget Office forecast that deficits between 2010 and 2019 would total $9.1 trillion.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Is there every any sunshine in you peoples world? doom and gloom, call obama the N word if it will make you feel better.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Trinity, I'm going to hold President Obama's feet to the fire because he's on vacation. It seemed that President Bush was on vacation almost every other month.

Sklar

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Is it me, or does anyone else notice that the He/She/and holier-than-thou It (Trinity) revels in the misery of those who have lost their insurance, cannot afford insurance, are suffering chronic and potentially fatal disease without insurance? The He/She/and holier-than-thou It is disconnected from reality. Maybe she owns a lot of stock in Cigna or Aetna?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it me, or does anyone else notice that the He/She/and holier-than-thou It (Trinity) revels in the misery of those who have lost their insurance, cannot afford insurance, are suffering chronic and potentially fatal disease without insurance? The He/She/and holier-than-thou It is disconnected from reality. Maybe she owns a lot of stock in Cigna or Aetna?
It's not you......

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Trinity, I'm going to hold President Obama's feet to the fire because he's on vacation. It seemed that President Bush was on vacation almost every other month.
Sklar

I never supported George Bush. When Cindy Sheehan camped at his Crawford ranch I thought it was shameful she had to go there to do it.

The point is Obama was supposed to be different. Obama promised different. Obama just made that statement:

"I won't rest until every American who wants a job can find one." And he's back on vacation again.

Obama is spending crazy amounts of money adding to the debt and deficits with little results while giving lip service:

YouTube - Six Months Later and What Do You Get?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Trinity person, free-basing those puppy farts have definitely affected what brain tissue you have left. Please, I beseech you, seek help before it's too late and you "collapse into a vegetative state" and become a ward of the State, subsidized by public welfare (Medicaide), until -- like Terry Shivo -- we will need to have Sarah Palin serve on a death squad and decide your ultimate fate.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why don't you people give a shit about a $9 trillion deficit? You fuckers need to understand that this is money that has to be paid back through taxes...Oh wait, I think i just realized why none of you care...you'll be dead by the time WE (my generation) has to deal with the absurd deficits and debts that your generation has so selfishly bestowed upon us. You've been trying to insure yourselves an easy, paid-for retirement the last couple decades. You almost made it. If only you could have propped up the Ponzi scheme for another decade, you baby boomers would have lived the easy life. I can't say that I feel sorry for any of you. You made your own bed, and now you must sleep in it. Thanks in advance guys.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree with probably 90% of what Trinity says.

that does not mean that when Trinity posts something truthfull, that is based on absolute facts and not her opinion or view, that it is automatically dead on arrival.

the fact is, that the Obama administration totally underestimated what everyone, *ESPECIALLY* and most *NOTABLY* the Congressional Budget Office, which is hardly a tool of the GOP, projected the true number, and the Obama administration was off by nearly 2 trillion dollars.

you can slap Trinity around all you want for many of the absurdities that she posts that tend to be of the ridiculous right wing variety.

many of you are right to castigate a great deal of the far right nonsense she espouses...

but your inability to be objective, when looking at absolute, confirmed, non-slanted fact, based on non-partisan sources, and factual numbers, simply because it is posted by Trinity, is about as irresponsible, not to mention as foolish as many of the absurdities that you rightly slate her for.

you know the saying that a "broken clock is right twice a day"?

it is apropos...because this time of day, Trinity is right, and you all are wrong.

just because you hate Trinity and the beliefs she espouses, does not change the issue that a fact is a fact...and those that she has presented in the OP are 100% dead on accurate.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You spend far too much time to be eloquent amongst myopic puppets (90% of LPSG that is)... I gave up years ago, and joined the ranks of the houtx and sargon-like "drive-by snipes"....

I disagree with probably 90% of what Trinity says.

that does not mean that when Trinity posts something truthfull, that is based on absolute facts and not her opinion or view, that it is automatically dead on arrival.

the fact is, that the Obama administration totally underestimated what everyone, *ESPECIALLY* and most *NOTABLY* the Congressional Budget Office, which is hardly a tool of the GOP, projected the true number, and the Obama administration was off by nearly 2 trillion dollars.

you can slap Trinity around all you want for many of the absurdities that she posts that tend to be of the ridiculous right wing variety.

many of you are right to castigate a great deal of the far right nonsense she espouses...

but your inability to be objective, when looking at absolute, confirmed, non-slanted fact, based on non-partisan sources, and factual numbers, simply because it is posted by Trinity, is about as irresponsible, not to mention as foolish as many of the absurdities that you rightly slate her for.

you know the saying that a "broken clock is right twice a day"?

it is apropos...because this time of day, Trinity is right, and you all are wrong.

just because you hate Trinity and the beliefs she espouses, does not change the issue that a fact is a fact...and those that she has presented in the OP are 100% dead on accurate.

D

deleted15807

a little history ...............
.............O'Neill said he tried to warn Vice President Dick Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. "You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he said.

NOW the conservatives are worried about deficits? :confused: No they are worried the money isn't going to fund party donors is the issue or another war. There isn't a war they don't like.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You spend far too much time to be eloquent amongst myopic puppets (90% of LPSG that is)... I gave up years ago, and joined the ranks of the houtx and sargon-like "drive-by snipes"....

And . . . I might add . . . you've become a better person for it. :smile:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So why are deficits so high? What happened? Why is the US goverment so deep in the hole?