99% Straight? What about the other 1%?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by tallguybry, Apr 27, 2009.

1. tallguybry

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey Guys,

I've noticed a lot of 99% Straight/1% Gay descriptions here on LPSG (including myself).

I want to hear from you. Please describe the "1% Gay" part.

Curious,
    Bry

2. Diesel 7"

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    well I am a little more than 1% but I will tell you every man is a little gay, its just to what extent.

3. D_ranieldiders

D_ranieldiders New Member

May be just the curious side of a man.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

A lot of the 1% gay guys are actually 100% straight they just put 1% gay so as not to appear homophobic. At least that's what they tell me. :wink::cool:

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I thought i was to prick tease the gay guys. You know the "Glass 1/2 full" kind of guys

6. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    ABSOLUTELY. As well as to be "realistic." To flip the coin, I put 1% straight even though I am not looking to hook up with women. I used to be straight (as defined by behavior, if not desire) and married, so it would be a big stretch to say that I could "never" under any circumstances have sex with a woman again. (The classic marooned on a desert island scenario, for example.)

I used to think that all guys on here that put 100% str8 on their profiles were jerks. Either really homophobic or trying too hard to repress the x% "other" that we all have. But then one told me that when he had 1% gay in his profile, lots of gay guys saw what they thought was an open door and ran through it and he got lots of unwanted PM's. After he put 0% gay that stopped.

So moral of the story is -- If someone puts 1% gay in their profile, please just respect them as a secure str8 guy who is just being realistic. He may never have ever had gay sex and believes he will never have gay sex and is just putting 1% gay because there are VERY few people who are absolutes on the Kinsey scale. Most of us "could" function with either sex and they are just acknowledging that hypothetical. Doesn't mean they want propositions from other guys. And the more unwanted PM's they get, the more likely they are to change their profile to 100% straight, which would not be progress IMHO. I have seen several visitor messages saying to the effect "I'd like to help you with that 1%." As a general rule if they only list 1%, I don't think they are looking to go down that road, just as my 1% straight doesn't mean I'm going to hook up with any of the lovely ladies on here. I think they need to list at least 10% for the "other" side for anyone to think the person in the profile has any interest in that direction.

7. dongalong

Gold Member

I found a sense of liberty by removing that rating altogether.

In reality, I am 100% hetero in terms of sexual experience and have 0% desire to have sex with another man but these labels provide a kind of virtual barrier between sexualities.
    The only advantage I see is for hooking up or flirting with someone, it warns you whether your advances have more chance of being rejected or not.

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Except the ones who aren't. I dunno, I think 100% straight is possible - I think 100% gay is possible. And the prcise definition of that varies, it means different things to different people.

Aye - I'll second that opinion.

Makes a lot of sense...

I agree with the 'virtual barrier' comment too - fuck labels :yup:

9. Torque8

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    By nature, I'm a 32 year-old exhibitionist with a variety of fetishes including vacuum pumping my cock. The extent of my interaction with other males has be mutual masterbation, muscle worship, receiving blowjobs and fucking a few other guys. I have no desire to suck another guy's cock, have him fuck me or play with my ass. Thus, I'm far from curious, much less homophobic. All of my emotional interactions, aside from just getting off physically, have been with women. Perhaps, to some this may make me more than 1%, but in my eyes not even close to 5%.

10. dongalong

Gold Member

Those are your tits in my location box! :tongue:

11. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

That's funny - I have my tits in my location box too!

*looks out of window*

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

12. treeee

treeee New Member

Would you consider fucking your wife/girlfried in the ass while leaving the vagina knowing very well is there being an act of ''gay'' or straight

13. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I'm sorry - I'm not sure I understand...

Fucking a woman in the ass is not gay.

14. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    it's based on a curve,:smile:

15. dongalong

Gold Member

Depends if you've got a cock in your mouth or arse at the same time! :tongue:

16. tallguybry

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think we've gone a bit off course. Here's my explanation of my 1%.

My 99% Straight means I've dated women my entire life. I'm engaged and I'm very happy.

My 1% Gay means I have an attraction to guys penises. I've learned and accepted the fact that a nice penis turns me on (including my own). I had a few mutual JO sessions a long time ago, and I had a lot of fun.

But, I'm not attracted to men as a whole. A 'cute' guy does nothing for me. I would never date a guy.

So, my 1% is just a case of 'penis envy'. That's all.

Bry

#16 tallguybry, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  17. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The 1% is simply because I enjoy looking at human bodies, male as much as female. I've never had any desire to touch male bodies but sure don't mind looking at them, bulges included. If that makes me partially gay, then so be it.

Draft saved Draft deleted