A bit curved to the left

JAG: So ya... I'm not the biggest in the world by any standards, one more inch would be nice, but I definatly have the thickness thing going for me.

But my question here involves the fact that i'm a bit curved to the left. I've read about jelqing (sp) and tried that and didn't see any results.

I've also read about the fact that it could be from some kind of injury where scar tissue has built up and caused the one side not to fully inflate. I heard that some kind of ultrasound treatment could break up these scars.

Its not that bad of a curve... My girlfriend never complained, but still, I wouldn't mind straightening it out and possibly getting a bit of an upward curve.

Any ideas?

Trackers: Welcome Jag to our wonderful forum. I was reading your post and thought about my b/f's dick. I noticed that he has a slight curve to one side as well, and I thought one-sided curves must have been rare. But thanks to you I now know that my b/f is not alone in this situation. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this, because I have not heard of any other cases until I heard yours, but I thought I could share my thoughts with you.

jackinman: Jag my buddy, if aint broke, don't fix it. So you have a little curve to the left, many guys have curves. As long as you're having good sex and your penis is working right, I think you should leave it alone. Plus, you said your girl doesn't complain right, that alone should be a good reason for not doing anything to change you penis.

Btw welcome to the group buddy.

Jimbo: JAG:

A question is, have had it since the curve essentially you completed puberty or has it developed over some time period after that?   There is a rare condition called Peyronie's that is marked by penile curvature due to a loss of erectile capability in one side of your penis, causing it to bend or curve during erection.  This type of condition can be severe enough to prevent normal intercourse.  However, penis curves are rather common, whether it be up, down, left or right and I would not be concerned unless it seems to be progressing. I have both an upward AND right facing curve since i completed puberty and it has never been cause for any concern.

Check out this site that attempt to quantify them (at least the up and down curves).  http://www.erectionphotos.com    

As far as straightening it out, the penis stretchers such as the JES Extender, Penistretcher and the Penimaster are supposed to be able to cause correction over time by applying more tension to the curved side.

JAG: to answer the puberty question.... as far as I can remember its always been this way... but after looking at that site, I definatly feel better about myself. :D

Actually... its quite odd... I'm probably an odd case to begin with.

On the left side, it would be considered straight, but the right is where the curve takes place.

Heres a way to see what i'm talking about... hold your left thumb straight up, where the nail is facing out to the left and look at the way the nail side is straight but the pad side curves a bit. Thats how my thing sort of looks. The head is just a bit at an angle becuase it seems the tissue on the right side is just longer than the left.

However, the left side is definatly more hard, while the right is more spongy during an erection. Could this possibly be becuase of scar tissue on the left side?

I'm positive its pyronie's (sp) and i've been meaning to get to a urologist to see what can be done, but just haven't. I have a feeling they will just call it cosmetic and insurance won't cover it. I could aways fake it I guess :p

FrenchOnion: Because it hasn't been stated yet: most men's penises curves to the left. As for more trivia: if your right-handed, your right testicle is apt to hang lower; if your left-handed, your left testicles is apt to hang lower. And, in case this helps, one of your hands is larger than the other, one of your ears is larger than the other, one of your feet is larger than the other, etc. Namely, your left isn't a mirror of your right.

P.S. Some women claim to prefer a bent penis.

Jimbo: JAG:

Your latest response is a little confusing.  First you say your penis has always "been this way" since puberty, then you say you are positive you have Peyronie's disease.  Has the curve changed recently?  Do you have pain which is also common with those who have Peyronie's?  Have you always had one side that is more "spongy" and less erect?  The "scar" or tissue that has lost its elasticity, would be on the side that curves inward because it is not completely filling with blood.  Maybe a visit to the doc's would set your mind at ease, but usually Peyronie's sets in at men's later years (how old are you?) or is a result of a severe trauma like bending your penis sharpely while erect, causing a tear in the chambers which later heals back with scar tissue.  

FrenchOnion:

Your comment about most penises curving to the LEFT is interesting.  Is that because most men are right-handed and tend to masturbate mostly with that hand causing the left-curving bend over time?  I for one am LEFT-handed and mine curves to the RIGHT.  It would be interesting to correlate "handedness" with the direction of the curves.

JAG: Has the curve changed recently?

Nope, been this way since I was 15 or so I believe.

Do you have pain which is also common with those who have Peyronie's?

Nope

Have you always had one side that is more "spongy" and less erect?

Dunno

The "scar" or tissue that has lost its elasticity, would be on the side that curves inward because it is not completely filling with blood.  Maybe a visit to the doc's would set your mind at ease

but usually Peyronie's sets in at men's later years

(how old are you?)

is a result of a severe trauma like bending your penis sharpely while erect, causing a tear in the chambers which later heals back with scar tissue.  

Maybe

Your comment about most penises curving to the LEFT is interesting.  Is that because most men are right-handed and tend to masturbate mostly with that hand causing the left-curving bend over time?  I for one am LEFT-handed and mine curves to the RIGHT.  It would be interesting to correlate "handedness" with the direction of the curves.

Thats intresting... maybe exessive masturbation in early teen years leads to this condition. I know I did my fair share before I was fully developed.

FrenchOnion: I was wondering about that myself but the report didn't specificly relate the tendency of the penis to curve toward the left with left handidness or vice versa. The thought of masturbating causing the shift passed my mind to (that and underwear and whatnot). It would be interesting to know how influenced the penis is by such factors (indeed, it would then seem to make lengthening the penis a simple matter if done early enough).

Ineligible: A bit of curvature like that wouldn't be considered Peyronie's. Peyronie's is when it's curved so much, and it so hurts to make it straight, that normal sex becomes painful and difficult.