A bit of an apology and introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BuffMusicIdol, Jan 29, 2005.

1. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

Ummmmm, I'm a little hesitant about what I'm writing, but the only reason I'm willing to "run it up the flag pole" (and some of you have HUGE flag poles) is because I, too, have found that on the whole the people here are thoughtful, intelligent and very human. You make quite a collection of armchair psychologists, and I think on the whole you offer rather nice insights.

I've posted some here, but I've never really introduced myself. So here I am. :blush:

I am bi, but faithful to my former run-way model wife. I LOVE the male physique, but am generally not interested in sex with a guy. I am into massage among my close friends, and some mutual admiration. I love working out, and on those rare occasions, I enjoy admiration from other men and women. I am a songwriter/composer but not famous, and not rich, although I have several hundred pieces of music out there.

I've chatted with a few people here, swapped messages, etc. Apparently I scared off a couple of you. I didn't mean too. I am sorry for that. I have been going through a lot of transitions in my life, including remarrying, buying a fixer upper house, and dealing with bipolar type 2 disorder all in the past 8 months. I know this is not a psychology message board, but I just wanted to apologise to anyone here I may have scared off. I may have come on way too strong, given mixed signals, etc. There have been a lot of upheavals in my life, and I am finally, after 10 years of going through LOTS of prescrip meds, (that were PURE HELL!!!!) finding a natural, organic concoction to help keep me level. As a result, my chaotic life, my wild swings, my anger, sex, and music binges are leveling out more. (I may keep the sex binges. The wife likes them so far.) I feel more hope than I have in years.

My point simply is, I will not take advantage of anyone here. I will be honest and a friend to chat with. I LOVE meeting people, and making friends. I don't post pics because I am known in some circles.

But if you haven't read any other posts, I'm a little over 8x5.75, cut. I'm 6 ft even, 185 lbs with brn hair, killer blues eyes and bedroom smile. (So say my friends and wife.) I have a "fluffy" waist line because of huge problems with meds and other things, but no gut appears in my clothes. This year I will work my butt off, get my new pieces composed and published, finally get my six-pack, some more muscle mass, get these damned circles and bags out from under my eyes (from no sleep and all stress) and take some scarey good body building pics to celebrate the big FIVE-O in Dec.

You are all cool. I wish I could chat with all of you one on one for a bit.

An apology and a "Hi people!" from Dan, aka: BuffMusicIdol (It is a stupid screen name, but hey, it's for fun.)

:blink: :D :D :wacko:

2. Imported

Gold Member

Sashka: Hi :)

My sympathies about the psychological problems... my childhood best friend is bipolar, so I've seen how badly it can mess people up. At least she's not addicted to heroin anymore. *sigh* So, yeah, I hope your recovery from that goes well.

3. madame_zora

Gold Member

Well, here's an official welcome to the posting members of lpsg! Thanks for sharing so much about yourself, the more I know about someone the more I like them. I wish you well in your recovery process, I know it isn't easy, but I am glad you are feeling more level. You will find that many of our members are not 100% straight, as I'm sure you've already noticed, so pull up an armchair and join the rest of us pseudo-psychologists.

4. Kimahri

Gold Member

Albums:
    Welcome dude. Or rather, hi finally.

I have Bipolar 1, so I can understand about how the meds throw the physique into chaos. I love contact with other guys, that doesn't necessarily equal a sexual thing.

Go ahead and get my AIM name off of my profile and say hi if you want. Managing the network doesn't really keep me busy at work, so you can IM whenever you want.

5. BuffMusicIdol

BuffMusicIdol New Member

Thanks Kimarhi.

I don't get on very often here, but I do enjoy the chat.

Life is stablizing a bit. Marriage is a little smoother. One some new organic stuff that seems to be working MUCH better. I'll know more in a few months if it's really doing what it needs to.

I'll look up your aim and keep in touch,

Thanks amigo,
    Buff

Draft saved Draft deleted