A bit soppy. Not to be sexist but ur thoughts ladies only please

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by skip22h, Mar 16, 2011.

1. skip22h

skip22h Active Member

Sorry fellas just wondering what the ladies here think not what guys think that ladies think. I mean that in the nicest possible way

Ladies. I know this might sound a little soppy but......

The other day at the mall a girl in her mid twenties served me who had the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

I wanted so much to say something to give her a compliment but had to stop myself.

Where do you draw the line at a comment from a older stranger being complimentary or being pervy?

If something like this happened to you would you be like ewwwww or would it make you feel good about yourself?

Where does the line begin and end between pervy, creepy, weird or just a well mannered compliment

Can guys be complimentary without having sex on their minds?

What are your thoughts?

:smile:

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    No matter who the compliment comes from, I have a hard time taking it. I LOVE compliments, but they can make me feel very shy and nervous. The best way for a stranger, no matter whom, to compliment me is to keep it short and sweet, don't get in my personal space, and don't touch me. It's also better if either the stranger is, or I am, leaving the vicinity immediately after. I'm not sure why that is, but for me that's just how it is.

3. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

If you'd said 'You have lovely eyes' just before the transaction finished, I would have been very flattered, said thank you, and not thought there was anything creepy about it.

I think AE hit the nail on the head with the personal space thing though. Do NOT get in my personal space or I will be trying to get away from you as fast as possible.

4. EmJay

EmJay New Member

Hmm..i believe its about energy...I can feel the difference when someone is looking at me with lusting eyes or is just being kind..But they can both leave you a bit shy though..

I wouldn't choose to say it when she is still serving you..maybe at the end when you leave as parting words. Otherwise it might feel awkward for her to still serve you.

5. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm the exact same way. I love getting them, but they make me very uncomfortable, and if the person giving stays a while I feel even worse, as if I'm expected to start a conversation or say something complimentary back to them.

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm okay with people in my space, as long as they are just chatting. Toss in compliments, and unless I was the one who got into YOUR space, I'm going to get creeped out.

All true for me too.

Right? I feel totally put on the spot if they stay.

7. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

People are only allowed in my personal space if we're fucking or intend to fuck. Having people in my personal space freaks me out :redface:.

8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have discovered, since moving to Miami, that personal space seems to be cultural. People from itsy-bitsy islands, and people from very isolated places seem most likely to randomly stand too close. People from large cities, in my experience, seem more likely to value some elbow room whenever they can get it, and will stay out of your face. I used to be a lot more uncomfortable with this, even though I am a very touchy-feely kind of person. I'm very happy with non-pervy touching, as long as it does not involve my hands or face, but stand too close, and I'll keep backing away. I still make people move out of my space in lines. It's a real problem down here. I frequently find myself turning around to say, "I'm going to step forward now, and you are going to stay where you are. You are too close to me." I especially hate it when they are on the phone...

Sorry I veered off-topic. Um... Compliments are good, from anyone, at any time, especially in parting.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with most of the above. However, leaving the vicinity isn't always needed, just give me a moment to compose myself.

10. ThickMeatJacker

ThickMeatJacker New Member

Albums:
    Let's give it a try...

Submissivegirl- I think you are a truly beautiful woman both on the inside and the outside.

11. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:

Aw:redface: You are such a sweetie, truely! YouTube - What is a Friend?

12. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

You're so brave! I would love to be able to do that! I just keeping edging further and further away, getting more and more anxious.

And apologies to the OP for the off-topicness. I will stop talking about personal space now :smile::redface:.

13. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Always nice to hear compliments but only at the right time and place.

14. EmJay

EmJay New Member

Can I agree with that one as well :biggrin1:...

15. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Keep it light and friendly. Say it with a smile, not a leer. Finish your transaction/interaction and depart on good terms.

Oh, and only do this with women with whom you're interacting (in a shop, cafe, etc). It's pretty much always creepy when a strange man "compliments" a physical attribute.

16. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    By the way Skip22h. There is nothing soppy about your question, I wish guys ask these kind of questions, or at least in the same manner you've asked. :)

17. skip22h

skip22h Active Member

Thank you fire. Its hard to guage what the other sex thinks/feels without offending them

Its my worst nightmare to say something with all the best intentions only to be taken the wrong way

18. skip22h

skip22h Active Member

Oh, and only do this with women with whom you're interacting (in a shop, cafe, etc). It's pretty much always creepy when a strange man "compliments" a physical attribute.[/QUOTE]

Even say complimenting eyes or are you saying dont go up to a random person and say something nice?

19. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    (For me at least)

NEVER go up to a random person and say something nice, there just isn't a "nice" when coming from someone you don't know and have no reason to be interacting with... It's creepy, awkward and just weird.

20. skip22h

skip22h Active Member

Thank you ladies for your thoughts

No wonder the good guys always finish last lol. Its tricky knowing what to say when you're trying to be complimentary and honest without having the sexual thrust upon you

Draft saved Draft deleted