A bit soppy. Not to be sexist but ur thoughts ladies only please

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Thank you ladies for your thoughts

No wonder the good guys always finish last lol. Its tricky knowing what to say when you're trying to be complimentary and honest without having the sexual thrust upon you

One last thought as I've seen it done too many times...

It is never a good idea to follow a woman around town in the hopes that she drops something at some point, giving you an excuse to interact with her.

As good as the intentions are, it's one small step from stalking, and we generally know when we're being followed :biggrin1:

skip22h

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One last thought as I've seen it done too many times...

It is never a good idea to follow a woman around town in the hopes that she drops something at some point, giving you an excuse to interact with her.

As good as the intentions are, it's one small step from stalking, and we generally know when we're being followed :biggrin1:

Woah thats not where im coming from. Sorry if you got that idea

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
(For me at least)

NEVER go up to a random person and say something nice, there just isn't a "nice" when coming from someone you don't know and have no reason to be interacting with... It's creepy, awkward and just weird.

Actually, once when that happened to me, it WAS nice. It felt like it should have been creepy, but it wasn't.

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
On my last trip with my husband, I had a nice compliment from the officer checking our papers. He told me I had beautiful eyes after he handed back our passports. It was nice even my husband thanked him.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
No matter who the compliment comes from, I have a hard time taking it. I LOVE compliments, but they can make me feel very shy and nervous. The best way for a stranger, no matter whom, to compliment me is to keep it short and sweet, don't get in my personal space, and don't touch me. It's also better if either the stranger is, or I am, leaving the vicinity immediately after. I'm not sure why that is, but for me that's just how it is.

You look like you're very talented at making exceedingly good cakes, & you probably bring all that care & attention to your personal life too!

Out of here:biggrin1:

fire77

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The point of this is to find out what the right time and place are. What are the right time and place for you?

There is always right time and place for everything and this is one of them (for me at least). I don't know really, sometimes I get compliments and I feel good about myself other times I feel the compliment wasn't right for the situation I am in at the time. Not forgetting who the person is, if the guy look like a creep then definitely no no no.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was born and raised in Texas, so compliments for young women are quite frequent coming from older men. Still I was always very flattered and shy about accepting them, but pretty soon they became somewhat commonplace. Oh, that probably sounds a lot more egocentric than I mean.

Anyway, I think it's all about context, too - when, where, that kind of thing. Sometimes it's a roundabout compliment, too, but you get the drift. Like when they would tell my then-husband "you're a lucky man." He would just smile at them and I felt like I should say a thank you or something.

I still get compliments, thank god! And I still take them with a little blush. But now I'm just as soon shoot back a compliment of my own. Yes, I know it could probably be taken for a parlay, but I never let it evolve into a dialog.

I can be sassy if I want and then cut it off. One of the perks of not having a Y chromosome. ;-)

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is always right time and place for everything and this is one of them (for me at least). I don't know really, sometimes I get compliments and I feel good about myself other times I feel the compliment wasn't right for the situation I am in at the time. Not forgetting who the person is, if the guy look like a creep then definitely no no no.

What does a creep look like?

rabbit12345

1st Like
Media
Sorry fellas just wondering what the ladies here think not what guys think that ladies think. I mean that in the nicest possible way

Ladies. I know this might sound a little soppy but......

The other day at the mall a girl in her mid twenties served me who had the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

I wanted so much to say something to give her a compliment but had to stop myself.

Where do you draw the line at a comment from a older stranger being complimentary or being pervy?

If something like this happened to you would you be like ewwwww or would it make you feel good about yourself?

Where does the line begin and end between pervy, creepy, weird or just a well mannered compliment

Can guys be complimentary without having sex on their minds?

What are your thoughts?

:smile:

lol I don't know about you, but from the replies I think its best to say nothing

BlackLantern

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've complemented random women before, usually if I'm going through a drive-thru or a line of some sort. I'll usually some something along the lines of

"Wow, you have the most amazing eyes" or
"Well you're looking gorgeous this morning"

I've always believed that a beautiful woman should be told that she's beautiful. In my experience, they don't hear it often enough.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This reminds me - last weekend I was in the car with my boyfriend. We pulled up at the lights next to a taxi, and the male cab passenger turned to my boyfriend and said hello, then leaned forward to look at me and said to my boyfriend, "Jeez, yer missus is alright, in't she?"

Uhhh, thanks, guy.

That's an example of an unwelcome compliment.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The key to any compliment, whether to the opposite sex or not, whether it's sexual or not, is this: you have to be genuine when you say it, and you have to expect nothing in return.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is something very superficial about complimenting anybody on purely physical attributes. That being said, sometimes you are just struck by a woman's eyes or face and you have to say something! My preference is to wait until your exchange is at it's end and, in the nicest way, say something like: "You have the most beautiful eyes! You have inspired me. Have a great day." And leave.

Anything else is done with the expectation of a reward...and that's when it gets uncomfortable.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is something very superficial about complimenting anybody on purely physical attributes. That being said, sometimes you are just struck by a woman's eyes or face and you have to say something! My preference is to wait until your exchange is at it's end and, in the nicest way, say something like: "You have the most beautiful eyes! You have inspired me. Have a great day." And leave.

Anything else is done with the expectation of a reward...and that's when it gets uncomfortable.

I think that's the perfect way to do it :smile:.