"A Breeder" WTF?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I am probably showing my naivety here, but I just read a post from a gay guy using this term. I may have misread his tone, but frankly, I find it pretty fucking offensive.

Yes yes, the hetero community has thousands of insulting names for homosexuals, but are there any other disparaging generic terms for Str8 people?

Actually Straight isn't that great either.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh honeym get with the program gays have been using 'breeder' to describe heteros for decades in the US. You are correct though it is often said in a derogatory tone. It's also not accurate for the many millions of straight people who choose not to "breed". Whatever . . . :rolleyes:
I am probably showing my naivety here, but I just read a post from a gay guy using this term. I may have misread his tone, but frankly, I find it pretty fucking offensive.

Yes yes, the hetero community has thousands of insulting names for homosexuals, but are there any other disparaging generic terms for Str8 people?

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Not that I personally know of, but maybe the fact that it's there will enlighten some on how all the other insults to gays make us feel.

But I doubt it.

I think, if it's the post I think, it was said in a fit of pique. Sometimes you think the whole straight world hates you for being gay and it's very, very, tiresome. Two wrongs don't make a right, but the frustration can be so oppressive you say or think things you don't really believe.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I take "breeder" as a compliment. :tongue:

I wouldn't worry about it too much, DW -- "breeder" is nothing compared to what has been said about gays

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think, if it's the post I think, it was said in a fit of pique. Sometimes you think the whole straight world hates you for being gay and it's very, very, tiresome. Two wrongs don't make a right, but the frustration can be so oppressive you say or think things you don't really believe.

I first heard the term used by my next-door neighbor in the dorm in college, who was a lesbian.

I think it's true that sometimes gays think straights hate them (and often with good reason!), and may call us "breeders" as being defensive, I guess? I think that's probably it - I pretty much wrote the book on being defensive in my younger days, although now on controversial issues I often just keep quiet nowadays.

Actually, I'm not offended by gays calling straights "breeders". I think of it in the context I just mentioned. Also, the term isn't accurate for me either for that matter, since I am a straight woman who has chosen not to "breed"... (but I have nothing against people who do have children, it's just not for me.)

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I did not see the original post, but that term is not uncommon among gay circles, and can be used in a variety of ways, potentially more or less offensive. I personally wouldn't use it myself as it is certainly disrespectful, but as far as being offensive is concerned, 'taking offence' is something that a listener or reader does, to words that may or may not have been used to try to cause offence. It is always best not to get upset by these things even though they can be unpleasantly surprising.

I am not aware of any similar terms.

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I heard my (straight) American cousins once mention that word when they were refering to some girls they saw in the town. It turns out that these girls used to sleep around with anybody and everybody without the use of protection, which ended up with them getting pregnant all the time to such an extent that they had 7+ kids with no father. I've even had these girls throw themselves at me once when they found out that I was over from Europe (for which I had to decline politely).

Adam70

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think breeder might be an offensive term especially to those str8 people who choose not to have children ... however, some derogatory terms for gay men especially assumes that all gay men also have anal sex ... which is not the case .... so to be lump with others and finding that offensive is also something gay people are done to

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Can we call you People Polluters?

You write that str8s have thousands of insulting names and "breeders" offends you. Go sit in the corner with your Binky.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree that it does sound insulting.....but then I had to rack my brain to think of another derogatory term for a heterosexual person...I couldn't think of one.

Now try and think of insulting terms for homosexual and lesbian people (knowing you already pointed this out)........I think you'll agree that there are quite a few.

Maybe someone should start a thread thinking up new insulting names for heterosexuals....could be interesting.

PS....I co-exist happily with all decent humans. :wink:

PPS....there should be a better term....after all, we homos wouldn't be here without 'breeders'!!