a brief history of the united states of america

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, it may be oversimplifying things but yes, in general the US has had some pretty fucked up history, but what country hasn't? You could do a funny cartoon about pretty much any country and make them all look like idiots. And even...............*gasp* England!

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hated Bowling for Columbine, and this was among my least favorite parts. Flat-out unfunny and grossly oversimplified (even for a supposed comedy-ish documentary). I agree with Michael Moore on most issues (even though I find him an irritating ideologue), but I feel he places the blame for widespread gun violence on the wrong factors. He repeatedly contradicts himself throughout the movie, at times blaming easy gun availability, at times blaming (more rightfully, IMO) American culture and anomie.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not "ha-ha" funny. But it's ironic tone is well-executed.

Is it brilliant? I'd say yes, in that it encapsulates a lot into an easily digestible segment, but with the caveat that it's not exactly an original statement.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That video was certainly easier to get through than A People's History of the United States (Howard Zinn), which has a bit more factual content in it but takes pretty much the same view.