A brief moment in style: Sales of Speedo-style trunks soar in warm weather

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by B_stanmarsh14, Jun 8, 2010.

1. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

They have long been consigned to fashion's hall of shame, but Speedos, much to the dismay of the fashion police, appear to be making a comeback.
    Usually limited to professional swimmers and flamboyant Italian Romeos, retail experts have reported a 400 per cent year-on-year increase in online searches for the brief mens' swimwear.
    The trend appears to have been building momentum for a couple of seasons, though with a wash-out summer last year, perhaps there was less opportunity to indulge.

A brief moment in style: Sales of Speedo-style trunks soar in warm weather | Mail Online

Just so happens, I got me a square cut pair of Slazenger's :smile:

2. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I wish I felt encouraged that this trend will hit California within my lifetime...

3. MuscleBoundMan

MuscleBoundMan Active Member

It does seem that the square cut is getting a lot more wear on the beaches last year and this one. I have several for lap swimming and my wife encouraged me to take them to Cancun and Vegas this past year because she thinks they're more fashionable now. I hate looking like that conceited muscle guy so I have avoided wearing the speedo. Still I think its a good look for almost all guys and only the women will really stare at the package - why wouldn't a guy like that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice