A Burning Question: Buff vs. Fit?

wishiwashung

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I am just wondering what you guys have a preference for, Fit [I guess that'd be thin] or buff [like a body builder] types?
For clarification my idea of "Fit" would be something like: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/sha-shinizzle/bloggie/tattoos.jpg , where the man isn't hugely muscular but thin[ner].
An example of "Buff" would be: Well actually I think you get it, I can't really find a picturing showing my idea.
Anyways my preference is "Fit", can't wait to hear yours!:biggrin1:

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I'm thinking that fit men are becoming more popular. One of my friends is in really good shape, but despite having a good build, he wishes he were a lot leaner. And I know that my body probably couldn't handle a bodybuilder's frame, so... I'm going to go for fit too.

To that, I add that it's not necessary to shave every bit of body hair off of you in an effort to do a throwback toward prepubescence. That's cool if you don't grow it naturally, but give the Mach 3 a rest already. :)

wishiwashung

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know I was thinking that it seemed that "fit" was becoming more popular too. I wonder if this is something that changes in society similar to say, fashion, or this is some sort of new trend.

I must admit though, I prefer less hair than more. I like hair on legs and hair on under-arms is fine, but I'm not much of an advocate for back hair or a forest on the chest. Then again I also really fall for the guys with "emo/scene" hair, but thats a whole new thread in itself.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tend to like fit because fit guys tend to look more evenly-proportioned. Some buff guys look amazing, but I find most have at least one muscle group that doesn't look in sync with the others.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I don't have the genetics to be extremely buff. I'll go for fit and flexible. I see too many people who get stiffer in their old age because they didn't do a walk around the block every other day.

Buff can be sexy, and I've had a share of some of them, but I find fit to be just as good.

Too much weight on me worries me...

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think buff can mean fit, but I guess the OP is taking buff to mean bigger muscles and fit to mean lean with less muscle. Can't someone be both?

<----------------- me in avatar...am I buff, fit or both?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think buff can mean fit, but I guess the OP is taking buff to mean bigger muscles and fit to mean lean with less muscle. Can't someone be both?
In general buff would also be fit. I think the O/P was trying to differentiate a "slight build," that is someone who is just shy of being "defined".

Offhand, I can't think of a better term for "fit". Perhaps "swimmer's build"?
<----------------- me in avatar...am I buff, fit or both?
Borderline "buff" in my view. I like the full body pics!

Strathos

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My absolute favorite kind of body is the way Patrick Warburton in that Tim Allen movie. To me, that is perfection.