A celebrity encounter I had sometime ago

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by elegant20, Sep 5, 2008.

1. elegant20

Gold Member

A little while back, like two or three years ago, I met a Duran Duran member in some play. It was John Taylor of Duran Duran. I was about to follow him to the urinal until my own mother asked me to buy her a drink at the bar. Typical of my mom. So I was almost there, but no cigar. But meeting the guy...god, was he tall or what. He is like over 6 ft and I am such a shrimp. We chatted for about 10 minutes, talking like normal guys and me saying the play was great, telling as to how many times I seen the Duran Duran concerts over the years. Hearing John Taylor saying, "Bloody fantastic" was like good vibes at my soul. Just hearing that British voice of his was so wonderful. He was not like a jerk at all, very warm smile and very soothing. He had the best posture I seen and it did look like he was packing a bit. But that was my celeb encounter, but I would have met him in the urinal. But all that change. I was glad to meet him in person though before the play.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/moonkiss/monkeys/88jtsig.jpg

2. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

o.k.

The only duran duran member that I'd fuck apart from Warren cucurrullo would be roger taylor.

3. elegant20

Gold Member

I actually met them backstage....I even put an arm on Roger Taylor's shoulder. Boy, his shoulders are bigger than life itself. It barely covered my arm length.

4. bigone90036

bigone90036 New Member

I was at The Arclight in Hollywood to see Mamma Mia. John Taylor was there with his kid to see some kiddie movie. He is still really hot.

5. elegant20

Gold Member

You saw him, too? Small world.

6. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    I often go to the Arclight. :biggrin1:

7. bjvixen

Gold Member

Albums:
    he was actually the "hot one" of the group!Andy was the quite one,Simon was the trashy one,Nick was the flamboyant one and the other guy was well....not much to look at so me forgetting his name dosnt surprise me!LOL

8. elegant20

Gold Member

That's Andy Taylor you are referring to. You meant to say "Roger", honey, but I let you pass on that one.

9. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

believe me you'd remember his name if you saw his cock. :cool:

10. sugarhigh

sugarhigh New Member

I met John here in San Diego a couple of years ago. He was at nordstrom, doing a promo thing for a guitar he designed.
    I was so nervous I could barely talk.
    I ended up finding out which door he was leaving from and got to talk to him again afterwards.

Stoked I got to meet him, but I hate the pic I got.

Attached Files:

11. LoneWolf9

LoneWolf9 Member

I'm interpreting this thread as celebrity encounters, although it seems to be focused on the pop band Duran Duran. They had a hit with "Hungry Like the Wolf", their 5th single and one of their signature songs.

As a show biz Wolf I keep track of how Hollywood, fairy tales, songs, etc. portray the wolf. Little Red Riding Hollywood is leading to the extinction of the grossly misunderstood wolf.

"Hungry Like the Wolf" is sympathetic to wolves, but has a few serious misconceptions. Wolves are not perpetually hungry, they can go several days without food, but can eat very large meals. The song's line "I howl and I whine I'm after you" is bullshit, poetic licence at the expense of the wolf's reputation. Wolves do not whine, they do not howl for romantic reasons, and they don't bark like dogs. Occasionally they utter ONE "woof" bark to other wolves which means "Red Alert, did you see/hear that?, etc.

But celebrity encounters: I interviewed the Dalai Lama for a book when I lived in India. He's a nice asshole, not very fuckable. I met Vincent Price. He was EXACTLY like his character in his films with me, although I've read that he can be a nice, charming gentlemen with ladies. I've met dozens of semi-famous people. My favorite "encounter" was a vivid dream I had of Jimi Hendrix 20 years ago. He reached down from the heavenly clouds and gave me his guitar. My guitar playing has been first rate ever since.

12. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    :hijacked: Sorry for the thread hijack... I like wolves just as much as anybody but up here in Alaska they need to be controlled as predators they kill with abandonment and wanton decimating the moose and caribou population in some areas and being a hunter I love moose and caribou now back to you program now in progress lol

13. Smartalk

Gold Member

14. newdude

newdude New Member

This vid is real. I was too young to get into them when they were big, but I'm a huge music buff. I got into Warren's solo stuff and did some research on his past music and as I did discovered he's posed for nude mags fully naked, used to post full on sex vids in his own website, etc. The guy is in his 50s I think BUT DAMN is hot and awesome.

15. dervin

dervin New Member

Albums:
    Met all the members of Duran Duran when they were in Toronto for a series of concerts in the '80s. They were staying at the Sutton Place Hotel and they dropped their photofinishing off at the shop I used to work at. Nice guys.

Other celebrities I met at that shop and a video store I used to work at include...

•Elton John
    •Matt Johnson of the British group theThe
    •Geddy Lee from RUSH
    •Val Kilmer (beautiful asscrack!!!) and his then wife Joanne Whalley-Kilmer
    •Marcello Mastroianni when he was in town shooting USED PEOPLE w/Shirley MacLaine
    •Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy (who is humourless in person) from SCTV
    •All the members of KIDS IN THE HALL except Dave Foley

One celebrity whose dick I HAVE seen (in a picture I printed at the photolab) was Jim Henson of MUPPETS and SESAME STREET fame. His show FRAGGLE ROCK was shot up the street. He had an assistant bring in a roll of film. It was pics of Henson on his boat. In one shot he was standing there smiling in a very distinctive pair of bermuda shorts. The next shot was of his dick hanging out of the shorts! :eek: Let me tell you...his dick could have given Mr. Snuffleupagus' trunk a run for its money!I could mention about another hundred celebrities I've met (mostly at the video store I worked at), but most of them are Canuck stars whose names only Canucks would probably know.:cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted