A change of leader

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Adrian69702006, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

I don't know whether anyone else saw it but Lord Falconer (the ex Lord Chancellor) wrote a piece in yesterday's Times advocating a Labour leadership contest and making out that a change of leader would somehow transform Labour's fortunes. I read it and ended up thinking, "Which planet does this man live on?" The poor man is, sadly, deluded if he thinks replacing Gordon Brown would make Labour electable next May, or even before. What's needed in the UK is a complete change of Government and a totally fresh start.

2. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree - Mandelson or Harman couldn't hope to repair the damage to Labour before an election. The UK does need new government.

Lord Falconer has never seemed to have particularly good judgement - perhaps he just couldn't resist a swipe at Gordon Brown.

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    huh. what the UK needs is a new system of national government. if you have a system that rewards crookery and abuse of authority, just switching whose ass sits in what chair ain't gonna fix anything meaningful.

4. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I disagree....i think a labour government is preferable to a conservative one. The problem with Gordon Brown is that he does'nt have the public support that Tony Blair had, i voted labour to see Blair elected but i do'nt like Gordon Brown, he really needs to go but then who has labour got strong enough to rival the opposition next election.

I CANNOT STAND DAVID CAMERON....he represents a class rather than 'the people' and we should'nt forget that their representatives have behaved just as disgracefully over the expenses scandal.

I think a labour leader change would be a very welcoming thing right now, i nominate David Milliband!.....If tories can go for a youthful candidate why not labour too.

Draft saved Draft deleted