Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know whether anyone else saw it but Lord Falconer (the ex Lord Chancellor) wrote a piece in yesterday's Times advocating a Labour leadership contest and making out that a change of leader would somehow transform Labour's fortunes. I read it and ended up thinking, "Which planet does this man live on?" The poor man is, sadly, deluded if he thinks replacing Gordon Brown would make Labour electable next May, or even before. What's needed in the UK is a complete change of Government and a totally fresh start.

I agree - Mandelson or Harman couldn't hope to repair the damage to Labour before an election. The UK does need new government.

Lord Falconer has never seemed to have particularly good judgement - perhaps he just couldn't resist a swipe at Gordon Brown.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know whether anyone else saw it but Lord Falconer (the ex Lord Chancellor) wrote a piece in yesterday's Times advocating a Labour leadership contest and making out that a change of leader would somehow transform Labour's fortunes. I read it and ended up thinking, "Which planet does this man live on?" The poor man is, sadly, deluded if he thinks replacing Gordon Brown would make Labour electable next May, or even before. What's needed in the UK is a complete change of Government and a totally fresh start.

I disagree....i think a labour government is preferable to a conservative one. The problem with Gordon Brown is that he does'nt have the public support that Tony Blair had, i voted labour to see Blair elected but i do'nt like Gordon Brown, he really needs to go but then who has labour got strong enough to rival the opposition next election.

I CANNOT STAND DAVID CAMERON....he represents a class rather than 'the people' and we should'nt forget that their representatives have behaved just as disgracefully over the expenses scandal.

I think a labour leader change would be a very welcoming thing right now, i nominate David Milliband!.....If tories can go for a youthful candidate why not labour too.