A Chant to Clear the Air

I have a thing for Tibetan and Mongolian throat singing. Throat singing allows the human voice to sing more than one note at a time, essentially creating chords. It's remarkable and a bit entrancing. Here's another.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The red indian culture is very enlightening and steeped in mystery, their medicine is very powerful indeed. We should take head and return to the ways of the wise elders of the indian tribes.

Thank you all for sharing and creating this wonderful and peaceful post, after the upset and mayhem of the past few days, it is tyrely welcome medicine for this site.

I totally agree let us chant and not rant.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have a thing for Tibetan and Mongolian throat singing. Throat singing allows the human voice to sing more than one note at a time, essentially creating chords. It's remarkable and a bit entrancing. Here's another.

I'm also partial to shape note singing. It's one of America's rarer but more lovely contributions to world music.

Here's a fantastic recording of it from Vermont.

YouTube - Sheila Chandra - Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

A favorite artist I like.

Enjoy.

She can always be counted upon to send me to good places in the heart.

Thanks for those guys, you're broadening my musical horizons. :smile:

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The red indian culture is very enlightening and steeped in mystery, their medicine is very powerful indeed. We should take head and return to the ways of the wise elders of the indian tribes.

Thank you all for sharing and creating this wonderful and peaceful post, after the upset and mayhem of the past few days, it is tyrely welcome medicine for this site.

I totally agree let us chant and not rant.

I'd love to have lived in a Native American Indian tribe...freedom, yes hardship too, but I'd take that over bills and beaurocracy any day of the week....plus the acceptance that the American Indians (and the asia-pacific tribes) showed to their homosexual brother and sisters.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight