Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well how great, a reason to post a thread finally......... not much to write as a virgin

I consider buying myself a dildo... due to the fact that I need to satisfy myself, since noone else will do it for me.

Someone (a straight person even!) whom I told about this, told me to use condoms on that dildo. I was surprised... what? It's not like they sell dildos with AIDS... or do they?

I am confused, I feel stupid asking this cause either... it's so obvious that I need to use them or it's so stupid to think about using them.... So is using dildos something necesairy or...?

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great question! But don't fret: Dildo's don't come infected. They get that way when you share your toys with other people.

Unless you are going to use your dildo on other folks, then you just need to keep yours clean and don't need to cover it with a condom.

However, if you finally find someone to play with, and you both (or the room full of playmates...hehehe) will have to cover that toy if it's going to be shared.

BTW, nice pics. Too bad I don't live in Poland. I'd love to help you out with your dilemma...maybe a bit of technical support to get you started. LOL!!!

bufanr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Using a condom on a dildo can make them easier to clean, that's really the only reason if you are the only one using it.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Using condoms on dildoes is a good thing, for several reasons.

Depending on the type of plastic the dildo is made from, and the kind of lube you use, it's a good idea to use a condom.

Vinyl, silicone, and latex dildoes all have chemicals (plasticizers) to keep the material soft, and those chemicals do leach out. It's better to keep those chemicals out of your body. Latex has the lowest level.

(Side note: never use silicone-based lube on a silicone dildo, and never use oil-based lube on vinyl or latex toys. Water-soluble is safe for all of them.)

mjjudd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Using condoms on dildoes is a good thing, for several reasons.

Depending on the type of plastic the dildo is made from, and the kind of lube you use, it's a good idea to use a condom.

Vinyl, silicone, and latex dildoes all have chemicals (plasticizers) to keep the material soft, and those chemicals do leach out. It's better to keep those chemicals out of your body. Latex has the lowest level.

(Side note: never use silicone-based lube on a silicone dildo, and never use oil-based lube on vinyl or latex toys. Water-soluble is safe for all of them.)

This is all true, and my wife insists on using condoms on them as without using them may result in anaphylaxias since her system is pretty sensitive.