A critter in the wood pile

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Discobear, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Discobear

Discobear New Member

So, random heart-breaker question here:

Let's say that you were in a relationship with someone for an extended period and though you really had deep feelings for one another, the two of you decided not to have sex for this period due to their beliefs or desires (I know I'm on LPSG and I know how stupid that sounds here)

How would you react if your partner, after not sleeping with you for this period, revealed to you that they had slept with someone else before you while in this relationship?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

I'd be pissed the fuck off and hurt! :12: What was so special about this other person they could have sex with them but not me? :confused: And why was I so unspecial? :frown: What were they doing? Just stringing me a long for kicks? :confused: :mad:

3. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I'm with you NJQT.....if waiting was based on their beliefs and he's the one that cheated then what in hell were his intentions? Why did you have to wait if he didn't have to? Why was that other person worth breaking with their beliefs and why weren't you? There are too many things there to even try and understand their intentions so the best way would be to just grill them....get all the answers you want (or maybe don't want).

Most importantly either get all the answers you want and forgive completely or get your answers and move along. IF that's how they want to play the game of love then surely you can do better.

4. B_New End

B_New End New Member

It happened to me.
    It took me three years to get over it. Didn't help I was only 20 at the time.
    But I was kind of the one that imposed the no sex thing, and I dont think she cared as much for it.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

I'm just curious but:
    • Why would you do that during your sexual prime?
    • Was it for religious or cultural reasons?
    • Were you a virgin?
    • What makes a person enter a relationship and impose a no sex rule?

6. B_New End

B_New End New Member

yes, I was a virgin. So was she, and I wanted to wait until we were married. we fooled around, but no intercourse. I feel dumb about it now, and mock my beliefs back then, and think about how much family tv sitcoms fashioned my views of sex, but thats how it was, and that was my psychology. I am just glad I broke the conditioning, but it wasn't easy.

7. Discobear

Discobear New Member

Well, personally, I'm in my "sexual prime" and I'm (still) in a no-sex-rule relationship, but it's entirely on her part. I don't mind it because of my own personal restrictions, but I have had one partner before her. I'll admit, I do wish that she wanted to go "all the way" like I do, but I won't force or beg her to have sex with me. We have gone farther in recent weeks than we have in the past, but we're still not quite there yet.

8. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

It seems very hurtful for someone to operate a sexual double standard. If this person is willing to have sex with others but not your fine self, i personally would question the relationship. I know sex isn't everything about a relationship but it is a key part. Hope you're feeling OK - keep smiling

9. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

couldn't care less

obviously had nothing to do with me

10. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

So if you don't care and you don't have anything useful or helpful to say why even waste the time replying???? Just to hear yourself talk?

Draft saved Draft deleted