A cure for homosexuality: Corrective rape

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ah, rape...is there no limit to its curative properties?

South African authorities seem to be turning a blind eye to the escalating practice, wherein men gang rape lesbian women to cure them of their horrible affliction.

Of course, one can only wonder at the wisdom of then murdering the patient after she'd been administered her curative treatment... :rolleyes:

... a tide of violence against lesbian women in South Africa has continued to rise. Human rights campaigners say it is characterised by what they call "corrective rape" committed by men behind the guise of trying to "cure" lesbian women of their sexual orientation.

Research released last year by Triangle, a leading South African gay rights organisation, revealed that a staggering 86% of black lesbians from the Western Cape said they lived in fear of sexual assault. The group says it is dealing with up to 10 new cases of "corrective rape" every week.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow thats horrendous!

I think the curative/corrective issue is bullshit. It's just a pure violent hate crime. If lesbians are generally despised in certain South African cultures then that just makes it easier to get away with raping & killing them. Some lives are clearly more valued than others.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is horrible, too bad they can't turn it around on the the men committing this to show them just how effective such an event would be in turning them gay!

chrwl007

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, the story's not that far-fetched. In last year they had an investigative program about minibus taxi drivers sexually assaulting young women wearing slightly revealing clothes. Their reasoning - the woman wants "the attention" because she dresses in a miniskirt or shows a bit of cleavage.

Homophobia is still a very real problem in South Africa, especially in the black lower-income areas.

gwr1349

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want to "cure" yourself it will have to be a change of heart on your part. No one can change you by raping you. What a stupid idea.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you want to "cure" yourself it will have to be a change of heart on your part. No one can change you by raping you. What a stupid idea.

I think you're missing the point. The title of this thread is pure irony. The whole point is that there is no cure, and the argument that these men think they're curing the women they rape of lesbianism is complete absurdity. It goes far far far beyond a "stupid idea." These are hate crimes. Pure and simple. The government even acknowledges that they're hate crimes. The government simply has no "priorities" where hate crimes are concerned. It's an outrage - and sadly, this sort of thing isn't confined to South Africa.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
gwr1349 is from nebraska & str8, joyboy, so i think we are required to cut him some slack based on that. people are products of their (ignorant christianist & discriminatory) environments.

see how i used the red and the blue to make the ideological contrast more subliminal?

Last edited:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gwr1349 is from nebraska & str8, joyboy, so i think we are required to cut him some slack based on that. people are products of their (ignorant christianist & discriminatory) environments.

see how i used the red and the blue to make the ideological contrast more subliminal?

For you, I will cut him. Oh wait... slack, right. For you, I will cut him some slack :biggrin1:. Although, if you hadn't asked, i'd be more than disinclined to do so. I grew up in the upper midwest - in corn country. I know all about the (ignorant christianist and discriminatory) environment, and I know it uses itself as an excuse for being exactly what it is: biggoted.

I really do like the colors though! They're pretty! I like pretty, being the shallow, narcisitic, faggot that I am:rolleyes:.

you, thad, are not the inteded recipient of that sarcasm. the intended recipient is probably too cought up in his preconceived notion of gays to understand that i WAS being sarcastic...

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
For you, I will cut him. Oh wait... slack, right. For you, I will cut him some slack :biggrin1:. Although, if you hadn't asked, i'd be more than disinclined to do so. I grew up in the upper midwest - in corn country. I know all about the (ignorant christianist and discriminatory) environment, and I know it uses itself as an excuse for being exactly what it is: biggoted.

I really do like the colors though! They're pretty! I like pretty, being the shallow, narcisitic, faggot that I am:rolleyes:.

you, thad, are not the inteded recipient of that sarcasm. the intended recipient is probably too cought up in his preconceived notion of gays to understand that i WAS being sarcastic...
Are you guys actually making ignorant, discriminatory assumptions based someone's locale???

I didn't read gwr1349's post that way. He wrote "cure" with quotation marks around it. To me, using the quotation marks in that way distances yourself from an offensive term or expression, or indicates irony. I think you mis-read his post.

I have seen gwr1349's posts before and can't recall him being bigoted or homophobic. He seems like a pretty str8 up, friendly guy.

laughatbig

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What really gets me is this is the same country that rapes babies because they think it is a cure for AIDS. It seems like to me they are just coming up with stupid reasons to get their rocks off. I say it one time, there is nothing good happaning in Africa. You have Rowanda, Durfur, numerous computer scamming and now this.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One would think a nation that suffered so long under the oppressive yoke of apartheid rule would be more sensitive to the rampant discrimination of any demographic segment.

I suppose that makes too much sense to work in real life.