A cure for homosexuality: Corrective rape

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HazelGod, Mar 13, 2009.

1. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ah, rape...is there no limit to its curative properties?

South African authorities seem to be turning a blind eye to the escalating practice, wherein men gang rape lesbian women to cure them of their horrible affliction.

Of course, one can only wonder at the wisdom of then murdering the patient after she'd been administered her curative treatment... :rolleyes:

2. Xcuze

Gold Member

Wow thats horrendous!

I think the curative/corrective issue is bullshit. It's just a pure violent hate crime. If lesbians are generally despised in certain South African cultures then that just makes it easier to get away with raping & killing them. Some lives are clearly more valued than others.

3. nudeyorker

Gold Member

That is horrible, too bad they can't turn it around on the the men committing this to show them just how effective such an event would be in turning them gay!

4. united_toward_god

united_toward_god New Member

Albums:
    I would think it would turn the women OFF of men even more. Kind of like the kid whose mother forced him to have sex with her to cure his homosexuality. Just made him more gay. Oh and kill her.

5. chrwl007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well, the story's not that far-fetched. In last year they had an investigative program about minibus taxi drivers sexually assaulting young women wearing slightly revealing clothes. Their reasoning - the woman wants "the attention" because she dresses in a miniskirt or shows a bit of cleavage.

Homophobia is still a very real problem in South Africa, especially in the black lower-income areas.

6. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    and only "we" can change that

7. gwr1349

gwr1349 New Member

If you want to "cure" yourself it will have to be a change of heart on your part. No one can change you by raping you. What a stupid idea.

8. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you're missing the point. The title of this thread is pure irony. The whole point is that there is no cure, and the argument that these men think they're curing the women they rape of lesbianism is complete absurdity. It goes far far far beyond a "stupid idea." These are hate crimes. Pure and simple. The government even acknowledges that they're hate crimes. The government simply has no "priorities" where hate crimes are concerned. It's an outrage - and sadly, this sort of thing isn't confined to South Africa.

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

10. ManHandler26

ManHandler26 New Member

LOL He Said "CURED" lololololol

11. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    gwr1349 is from nebraska & str8, joyboy, so i think we are required to cut him some slack based on that. people are products of their (ignorant christianist & discriminatory) environments.

see how i used the red and the blue to make the ideological contrast more subliminal?

#11 thadjock, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  12. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Rape is still rape no matter what you call it. The violators should be treated like the sex offenders they are.

13. crescendo69

Gold Member

Sorry for the off-subject post. I thought I was in another recent thread on here.

14. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:

100% agee

15. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    family guy ROCKS, seth McFarlane gets away with more twisted shit on that show than most cable shows can. drunk irishmen know funny.

16. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    For you, I will cut him. Oh wait... slack, right. For you, I will cut him some slack :biggrin1:. Although, if you hadn't asked, i'd be more than disinclined to do so. I grew up in the upper midwest - in corn country. I know all about the (ignorant christianist and discriminatory) environment, and I know it uses itself as an excuse for being exactly what it is: biggoted.

I really do like the colors though! They're pretty! I like pretty, being the shallow, narcisitic, faggot that I am:rolleyes:.

you, thad, are not the inteded recipient of that sarcasm. the intended recipient is probably too cought up in his preconceived notion of gays to understand that i WAS being sarcastic...

17. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you guys actually making ignorant, discriminatory assumptions based someone's locale???

I didn't read gwr1349's post that way. He wrote "cure" with quotation marks around it. To me, using the quotation marks in that way distances yourself from an offensive term or expression, or indicates irony. I think you mis-read his post.

I have seen gwr1349's posts before and can't recall him being bigoted or homophobic. He seems like a pretty str8 up, friendly guy.

18. laughatbig

laughatbig New Member

Albums:
    What really gets me is this is the same country that rapes babies because they think it is a cure for AIDS. It seems like to me they are just coming up with stupid reasons to get their rocks off. I say it one time, there is nothing good happaning in Africa. You have Rowanda, Durfur, numerous computer scamming and now this.

19. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'm not bigtoed.

20. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    One would think a nation that suffered so long under the oppressive yoke of apartheid rule would be more sensitive to the rampant discrimination of any demographic segment.

I suppose that makes too much sense to work in real life.

Draft saved Draft deleted