A cure for homosexuality: Corrective rape

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Are you guys actually making ignorant, discriminatory assumptions based someone's locale???

I didn't read gwr1349's post that way. He wrote "cure" with quotation marks around it. To me, using the quotation marks in that way distances yourself from an offensive term or expression, or indicates irony. I think you mis-read his post.

No, i think u misread it, because despite using quotes around "cure" he goes on to state a cure is possible if the individual has a "change of heart" , which simply taken at face value, indicates a belief on his part that homosexuality is just an emotional state, and is not genetically predetermined. and that's pretty much the overwhelming majority position of christian gay cure doctrines. you're not going to change the color of your eyes or skin with a "change of heart" he may be reasonable but his pov is is indeed "ignorant/christianist & discriminatory" if he believes homosexuals can decide to be hetero.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

That looks downright painful! As such, if it gets wide usage, and there is a lot of press about the effectiveness, it should deter many men from raping women anyway. Now, men getting raped... well, that's a whole other problem!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That looks downright painful! As such, if it gets wide usage, and there is a lot of press about the effectiveness, it should deter many men from raping women anyway. Now, men getting raped... well, that's a whole other problem!

ya but i'm positive any dude who has the mentality of a rapist to begin with, will definitely kill the victim if he got his cock stuck in that thing. one step forward, and 5 back.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ya but i'm positive any dude who has the mentality of a rapist to begin with, will definitely kill the victim if he got his cock stuck in that thing. one step forward, and 5 back.

I don't really know. That would be awfully painful. Murder actually requires cognition, active cognition. It might be difficult to think when your body is screaming about pain. And that might even be enough pain to cause many a man to pass out. Some guys pass out from getting kicked down there. This seems at least 1,000 times worse. Of course, this is all my untested opinion, and I'm no looking forward to testing it, nor having statistics spit out at me about it.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thad, the man might want to kill the woman but the pain would be very debilitating. The device embeds itself and remains on the penis. If there were any further strugle a mere brush against it would increase the pain, never mind a well placed knee.

Ideally I would hope that knowledge of the device becomes widespread enough to act as a deterrent the way JBT describes. Though the website discusses it's concealability I'd be advertising it loud and clear so that my would be attacker decided it wasn't worth his effort.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One would think a nation that suffered so long under the oppressive yoke of apartheid rule would be more sensitive to the rampant discrimination of any demographic segment.

I suppose that makes too much sense to work in real life.

Perhaps. But in this case, one must perhaps also consider the social and political context; the South African Government, and more particularly the ANC are increasingly amoral, corrupt and self serving entities.

Add into the mix an ANC leader, and very likely (in a few weeks) next South African President who himself is an accused, tried and acquitted (IMHO incorrectly so) rapist whose upcoming, post election corruption trial has already been scheduled.

Given the debatable standards set by their leaders, it's perhaps no great leap to expect elements of South Africa's law enforcement agencies would exercise less a less than zealous persuit of justice when addressing such matters as this occuring among the mere citizenry. Especially those who are already exist the fringes of social acceptance.

Some of the other factors; cultural superstitions; simple homophobia, misguided beliefs rooted in ignorance and such like have already been touched upon by other posters. Considered togerher it's perhaps not so hard to see why 'sense' has not prevailed here. Not yet anyway.

This issue, or rather, an analogue came up a while back. I posted the quotation below close to three years ago, but I'm of the view that some of the same basic considerations may apply here too.

Stepping outside the religious context for a moment if I may, which after all is just one example of this kind of Human behaviour. I read some work by Paulo Freire on the 'relationship' between oppressor and oppressed in his work "Pedagogy of the Oppressed", while he is I would say writing from a more socio-economic aspect, for me his ideas resonate here :

"Status, power, and domination of the oppressor are not possible without the existence of the oppressed. The oppressor is dehumanized by the act of oppression while the existential reality of oppression and the internalization of the image of the oppressor dehumanize the oppressed."

Freire defines oppressors as those who deny personal freedom and equality to others and deny them the power to fully direct their own lives.

Often the oppressed or those formerly oppressed (getting to your premise here at last) will attack members of their peer group. Ultimately they may become 'attracted' to their current or former oppressors behavour and may try to mimic it. They want to have what their oppressors have. People naturally want to have things and behave in ways they associate with happiness, success and power. They want to be 'like' their oppressors; simply because they believe this will provide all the components of happiness. Hence the cycle repeats.

Stepping back into the religious context, while the majority of Christians may consider themeselves true followers of Jesus (who demanded non-violence), many really worship what Walter Wink refers to as the “myth of redemptive violence.”

As a non 'practicing' Christian and it's not directed toward any individual I just found the following interesting; to quote from an article by the Clifton Unitarian Church :

"This myth speaks for God; it does not wait for God to speak… It misappropriates the language, symbols, and scriptures of Christianity. It does not seek God in order to change; it embraces God in order to prevent change. Its God is not the impartial ruler of all nations but a tribal god worshipped as an idol. Its metaphor is not the journey but the fortress. Its symbol is not the cross but the crosshairs of a gun. Its offer is not forgiveness but victory. Its good news is not the unconditional love of enemies but their final elimination..."

I think I alluded to this general way of thinking earlier. I can't say it's definitive of course. In any sociological issue as complex as this I doubt there are few if any absolutes.

Last edited:

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Or, perhaps more likely, shoot the woman and choose another victim. It would simply be more expedient. The casual manner in which another's life is taken in parts of SA is chilling.

Or that. I guess I was thinking more in America than Africa.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Or that. I guess I was thinking more in America than Africa.

South Africa.

I'm not being pedantic nor ignoring the fact that many other African nations have similar problems, and equally (and often more) ineffective law enforcement, of course. I just think it's a distinction worth drawing.

Last edited:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Not for nothing....but, what woman is going to endure having to walk around with what looks like a Sears and Roebuck screwdriver handle with shark teeth shoved up inside of herself?! DAMN! And the other side of this issue, the 'Corrective' rapists themselves......No way they have AIDS. I guess spreading AIDS is minor consideration when your on a 'MISSION' to cure Homo-sexuality. This world doesn't stand a chance.:frown1:

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thad, the man might want to kill the woman but the pain would be very debilitating. The device embeds itself and remains on the penis. If there were any further strugle a mere brush against it would increase the pain, never mind a well placed knee.

Ideally I would hope that knowledge of the device becomes widespread enough to act as a deterrent the way JBT describes. Though the website discusses it's concealability I'd be advertising it loud and clear so that my would be attacker decided it wasn't worth his effort.

It's a sad day when a woman has to resort to something like this.

It might work on one man but in a gang rape scene?I can see this being an invitation for the other men to mutilate the female victims genitals in retaliation,before killing her.:frown1:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It might work on one man but in a gang rape scene?I can see this being an invitation for the other men to mutilate the female victims genitals in retaliation,before killing her.:frown1:

Some of the women are being killed anyway, one woman stabbed 25 times including the soles of her feet. That's already mutilation. Wearing the device ensures that the first rapist also gets mutilated hopefully distracting he and the rest of the men enough for the woman to get away. If she doesn't get away the device marks the rapist for positive identification and if nothing else the very horror of what the device does should help to lessen the taste in other men for this sick behaviour.