• All / most of the above

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Somthing else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I'm sick of bras, well no - that's a bit dramatic - I'm sick of having to wear them all the time! - I sometimes wear corsetty type things, basques etc. - but that's more evening / smart - and even then they have an element of bra / underwire / whale bone thing going on.

I don't like going without, again unless it is an evening wear issue, and I'm sick of having shit poing into my ribs constantly.

Is there not a casual, comfortable alternative - or am I just wearing the worng damn size or something stoopid?

Hell - I'll bung a poll on this too... What do you wrap your puppies in?
Favourite or most often warn? Are these the same for you?

Men - involve yourselves as you see fit - I don't want to be exclusionist.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I support your right to go braless, provided you support my right to ogle and drool in your general direction everytime you lean over to pick through fruit in the produce aisle. Fresh melons!!

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My wife uses her tits as 'customer service accelerators', as a healthy set of partially exposed boobs definitely cuts down the wait time when she needs assistance at the hardware store or butcher shop.

bellemeade

Experimental Member
Media
to the original poster . I support your right to go bra less. however as a former buyer of ladies intimate apparel , it sounds to me like you need to be fitted properly . Go to a full line dept store and ask to be fitted. Most better stores have staff trained to get you the best fitting bra . Once fit properly i think you will have a very different point of view.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well...I wish in these polls it was possible to have more than one answer. In essence, if I'm home, I'm not wearing a bra. It comes off within 5 minutes of my walking in the door.

If I'm out and about, I'm almost always wearing a bra (underwire), at least if I'm in any kind of professional situation, or a social situation where letting my tits roam free might give the wrong impression.

There was another thread a while back that mentioned interesting thoughts on bralessness, and one of them I found most interesting is the possibility that not wearing a bra actually keeps your breasts from sagging, as opposed to what most people believe.

The theory is, if you go braless a lot, the tendons attached to your breasts remain strong. However, if your breasts are always supported by a bra, the tendons don't need to be strong, so they atrophy (wither), and you sag.

The only real evidence I have of this, though, is to look at myself. My tits aren't quite as perky as they were when I was 16, but they're pretty damned close! And it's not just a small breast thing...I'm a 34C, thank you very much. I'd estimate I spend about 2/3 of my time braless, and have for years, so if bralessness were a major cause of sagging, I would have sagged by now.

Anyway, in the spirit of the other thread, I tried going to work braless for a day (was working in a lab and wearing scrubs). No one noticed, and I felt comfortable until the afternoon, when I realized the poly/cotton fabric of my scrubs was rubbing my nipples raw.

So, I wore a bra under scrubs after that, but I think with softer fabrics, I might not need to.

My lover says I look great without a bra...maybe eventually I'll be confident enough to go braless in public more often.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to second that getting a proper bra fitting is an absolute necessity. I have some bras that are even more comfortable than going braless sometimes. They just feel great.

At this point in my life, I need a bra in most apparel. Between having a child and the attendent weight changes and boob inflating/deflating, I have really saggy tits. Mine weren't exactly perky anyway because they are large (DD) and weren't that perky even when I was a relatively flat-chested teenager.

I was just out shopping and lamenting at some of the really cute tops and dresses that I saw that I couldn't think of a bra that I could wear that would both give me the support I need and not show. The tape on bras and other such contraptions just don't work for me.

I wish that I had cute perky tits where I could go without a bra, but I don't. Even when they looked great, going braless would actually hurt. Even if it's just a tank with a shelf bra, I need something if I'm moving around.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I would just enjoy running down the street, braless...

It always looks like so much fun.

Have you ladies considered the sportsbra?

More than "considered." I won't run without one (ouch!)

Plus, most regular bra straps fall off of one's shoulders when one is exercising, so I wear sports bras to yoga class, out walking, etc. Also, a sports bra is better if you are standing on your head in yoga class and your T-shirt falls down over your face. I once was wearing a pretty purple (regular) bra when that happened, and I really did not intend to give the rest of the class a show.

I did get a compliment on my bra from the instructor, though.

Anyway, I don't like the "uniboob" effect, but for me, with sports bras, the purpose is comfort and decency, not aesthetic appeal.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
The theory is, if you go braless a lot, the tendons attached to your breasts remain strong. However, if your breasts are always supported by a bra, the tendons don't need to be strong, so they atrophy (wither), and you sag.

I used to go braless all the time - I think when I went into a kind of teaching environment (aged 22) I felt I shouldn't go without - and then you come dependant / you get tricked into thinking you need one..

I would just enjoy running down the street, braless...

It always looks like so much fun.
:biggrin1: I'd like to be a guy for half an hour so I could streak - that always looks so much fun too!
Have you ladies considered the sportsbra?

Yes - but they are so damned ugly
Fine for their purpose, as Holly says - but not for everyday, all day wear..

I haven't worn a bra since I was 20 I feel constricted and squashed in one and my tits haven't changed much at all since I was a teenager.

There you go Holly - SP is test case number 2 for your theory. Looks like I'd have been better off letting my class have a cheap thrill - I might be a happier Banisters with perkier pups...

Oh - and sorry about the no multiple choice - I nearly did - then I thought I'd get a better idea of favourites this way.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont wear a bra unless I am running or doing aerobics. I have fake boobs though so it helps that i dont need much support. I enjoy the freedom of wearing what I like without thinking of what bra goes underneath it.

I dont mind the attention from being braless, but if I dont want any, I just choose a top which makes it less obvious that I am braless.

Before I had my boobs fixed, I would hate bras with a passion. I needed so much support and lifting , that when properly fitted I eneded up with ugly nanna bras. Manufacters must assume women with big tits just dont like pretty things.....the choice sucks!
xx

Hioney

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Thank you all for your replies - I had a long (and extremely erudite and hugely witty) response typed up yesterday - and then I closed the fucking window like a total spanner!

I totally agree with the 'ugly nana' bra comment by Honey there - I'm sure there are shops that fit you for lovely, sexy gorgeous bras - but I've never found them.

And it wasn't so much that I want to go braless - If I wanted to go braless I just would, I want an alternative that's attractive and comfy - I'm not sure it exists.

I guess I will keep buying flimsy, frivolous things from the 0 to 20 euro range and keep complaining when they aren't comfy. Which puts my tits (and ribs) in pretty much the same boat as my feet. Odd image :rolleyes:

Well I suppose I have to suffer a little to look this beautful :tongue: :wink:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
there's bugger all in terms of concrete evidence but some docs speculate on a link between poorly fitting bras & boob cancer...if you restrict blood & lymph flow toxins build up, or that's the theory.

heh, i had a DOOOOOM moment!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
there's bugger all in terms of concrete evidence but some docs speculate on a link between poorly fitting bras & boob cancer...if you restrict blood & lymph flow toxins build up, or that's the theory.

heh, i had a DOOOOOM moment!

Hmm, possible - I'm more of the opinion that underarm anti-perspirents are a big factor (again, no evidence I know of).

So while I look gorgeous - I smell terrible :wink: