A disconcerting contrast: Liberals and [not] giving

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... according to the book that is referenced in the OP, you and your wife are in the minority among liberals.

You slip is showing, Star.

You have been called at least once on that unsound assertion. So in that case, I ask you to prove it - based solely on the article to which you linked.

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media
After observing the daily condemnations of the behavior of the right for the last 8 years, etc., the continual pleas for the less fortunate, the starch defending of heavy social services spending in the Stimulus Bill.....all by the liberals....it is indeed disconcerting and rather embarrassing to view thier own history and record on giving.:frown1:

As it turn out, the average liberal household earns 6% more than the average conservative household. Yet conservatives give 30% more to charitable causes.

Moreover, it seems conservatives 'give til it hurts,' literally.

Not only do conservatives donate more money, but also more blood and more time to the less fortunate.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Conservatives More Liberal Givers

So championing a cause of helping the underprivileged, demanding that members of society are taken care of, assisting the ill and disabled is their platform and belief system...as long as somebody else does it.

Meanwhile, conservatives are donating time, blood and money to the very causes that they are accused of ignoring....at a substantially higher rate than the liberals.

Can anyone make sense of this tragic 'bait and switch' philosophical divergence?

"That person needs assistance! Now! Only someone else needs to give it to him because I'm not donating any of my own time, money or blood." -Liberal

Dude, you've got it all wrong, see?

Our job is to work hard, save, be thrifty and to give a little back for the greater good.

The job of the leftard is to bitch, moan and whine about how much those poor brown people are in need of shit.

It's a win/win. Republicans feel good about doing good. Liberals feel good that they helped out those "poor people".

That about describes a liberals condescending attitude for brown people

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Our job is to work hard, save, be thrifty and to give a little back for the greater good.

The job of the leftard is to bitch, moan and whine about how much those poor brown people are in need of shit.

It's a win/win. Republicans feel good about doing good. Liberals feel good that they helped out those "poor people".

Nice, bi_so_cal. You'll get props for this one, all right. What'd you grow up in that grey area between the 50's and the pc 60's? You go, girl.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last edited:

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last year I gave money to:

1. Barack Obama's presidential campaign

2. The "No on 8" (CA Marriage Equality) campaign

3. The ACLU

I wonder if any of these would qualify in the conservative mindset as "charitable giving".

Money to Jerry Falwell and other gold plated evangelical churches, Iran contra, Opium in Afghanistan, "Say no to sex" campaign in Africa to combat Aids and of course the war effort in Iraq would be some example of charitable contribution of the RNC.

John Stossel? You might as well give credence to Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Rielly while you’re at it. John is not a credible source of information, as he is way to bias toward the Bush administration. He is one of the journalists that rally behind the war in Iraq, even well after it has been debunk as a huge mistake.

Last edited:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media

Anyone's "job" is to save.

"Leftard"---fine with the neologistic "thinking", but slogans and half baked thinking and excessive gernalizations reveal only shallowness.

In many posts, StarInvestor seems to have other areas I didn't think he had. I still don't think all his thinking is correct.

I never seen a post of your that didn't have me thinking "what a fubar".

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media
Anyone's "job" is to save.

"Leftard"---fine with the neologistic "thinking", but slogans and half baked thinking and excessive gernalizations reveal only shallowness.

In many posts, StarInvestor seems to have other areas I didn't think he had. I still don't think all his thinking is correct.

I never seen a post of your that didn't have me thinking "what a fubar".

It's good that I'm being general as opposed to launching personal attacks, 'fubar'.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Google that up?

But it doesn't prove your assertion either, and it's not even the article you originally cited, although it does reference its source. All in all a rather weak attempt, Star. Sorry, no cigar this time either.

I'm not saying you're wrong, or right merely that you cannot support your assertion.

I'm not sure what you are asking for?:confused: I'm not going to conduct a survey myself. Even if I did, it would be rejected.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is this thread still going on? I proved that the book is full of shit on the fourth post of the first page! Phil Ayesho went into great detail about it on the second page here.