A&F/Ruehl/Holllister Help!

GLWW

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This isn't exactly penis related haha, but I have a quick question!

I'm from England and wear quite a bit of Abercrombie&Fitch clothing. I usually order it online or just get it from the store in London. I was just wondering if Ruehl and Hollister used the same size charts as A&F? I wear small in A&F polos, and was looking to order a couple of things from Ruehl and Hollister online. I think Ruehl should be ok, but I'm 21, and Hollister say that they're for 14-18 year olds...just wasn't sure if I need to go up a size! I've been in their stores before, but never tried anything on....

Any help would be great - thanks!

philreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear all 4 brands from this company (American Eagle is the other one), and I am British, but fly internationally! When it comes to the ages of Hollister, don't go with that, the sizes are pretty similar in all of the shops, but as rico27 says Hollister can be a tad narrower, but they are cheaper!

As for A&F in the UK, very overpriced compared to the costs in the US!

GLWW

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Tell me about it! I was at uni in Miami last year and stocked up on Abercrombie - it's pretty much double the price back home! Just thought I'd like a bit of Hollister and Ruehl too! Might be safer to go for medium at Hollister I'm thinking, but should I stick to small for Ruehl?

While I'm getting all this info, how are coat sizes at A&F? The one I want sold out in London, so I'm waiting for it to come in online - I was thinking Medium so I can layer up underneath?

philreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The coats are big, I bought one last year and can fit plenty underneath. I'd go for Medium in Hollister, that's what I get and fluctuate between small & medium in A&F, although can fit into a small in Hollister, depends on how tight you want it! Ruehl, I think is about the same as A&F so you should be fine.

GLWW

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Thanks, mate - so you think small might be fine in the A&F coat? It looked pretty roomy - 3/4 length, fur collar, hood etc - definitely a warm one haha

leonceswim

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
no one talked about the pants! haha. hollister pants it kind of tight. and they always seem to fall apart after wearing them for a couple of months...shirts are tight, but thats how i like my clothes. i think for coats for all those brands, youre safe with the size youre used to. you should try express also! thats what i wear a lot. or guess. both are made for taller people though. fit good when you know how each piece of clothing are meant to fit...

GLWW

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I get 31inch waist jeans at Abercrombie, but in other pants they don't do the odd numbered sizes - only 30, 32, 34 etc....My jeans are kinda loose fitting, so don't know whether I could fit into 30 in the pants, or if 32 would just fall off! It's bloody annoying having to buy online!

leonceswim

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
well if the 31 fits loose, then id say you should try the 30. if its too tight, run. haha. i gained a lot of weight in the summer and all my jeans and shorts were fitting super tight, so i started running again and all of them fit perfectly now. hehe. im 28.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've always chuckled at the number of Hollister shirts I see around...I often have the urge to ask the wearers how much the company is paying them to eseentially be walking billboards for a clothing manufacturer. They remind me of those ubiquitous "Francois and Marithe Girbaud" shirts everyone just HAD to have some years back...remember? The letters were about 6 inches high and nearly took up the entire shirt front.

Not trying to sound judgmental; just amused.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

w1thn0trac3

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wear all 4 brands from this company (American Eagle is the other one), and I am British, but fly internationally! When it comes to the ages of Hollister, don't go with that, the sizes are pretty similar in all of the shops, but as rico27 says Hollister can be a tad narrower, but they are cheaper!

As for A&F in the UK, very overpriced compared to the costs in the US!

Erm... no American Eagle is NOT an A&F brand. It is a direct competitor. The only A&F brands are Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie, Hollister, Ruehl, and Gilly Hicks.

As for sizing... Hollister runs a touch smaller than A&F, Ruehl is a touch larger. This has to do with the target groups... Hollister is for teens, A&F for college age, and Ruehl for post-college.

lautsprecher

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Anyone ever think about the fact the UK pound is worth TWICE what it is here?? You guys get HALF the price here, if I bought there I'd be paying double so.... it's about right.

CowboyJosh

Sexy Member
Media
Abercrombie and Ruehl are the same cut and sizes. They might fit a little different in a very few things, but they use the same company to manufacturer their high quality goods per a friend of mine who works at ANF corporate in New Albany (Columbus), Ohio. Hollister’s cuts are different though. Because I have stock and a vested interest in ANF, please feel free to get your shop on, in store or online. Also for an above post, American Eagle is in no way shape or formed owned or part of Abercrombie and Fitch; they are fierce competitors. AE's products and good are also sub par compared to ANF IMO.

I also believe prices are higher in London cause of international import tariffs, higher cost to do business with leases, etc. Paying more for ANF is no different to the extremely high prices other countries pay (think Japan) pays for American brands like Levi's. Add to the fact ANF does about 200k per day at their London store in US dollars, that’s allot of goods sold, lots of demand, they can command a higher price.

hollisterballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This isn't exactly penis related haha, but I have a quick question!

I'm from England and wear quite a bit of Abercrombie&Fitch clothing. I usually order it online or just get it from the store in London. I was just wondering if Ruehl and Hollister used the same size charts as A&F? I wear small in A&F polos, and was looking to order a couple of things from Ruehl and Hollister online. I think Ruehl should be ok, but I'm 21, and Hollister say that they're for 14-18 year olds...just wasn't sure if I need to go up a size! I've been in their stores before, but never tried anything on....

Any help would be great - thanks!

hollister and A&F are owned by the same people
hollister is a cheaper version of A&F
so im sure its sizes are the same

mda271

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Anyone ever think about the fact the UK pound is worth TWICE what it is here?? You guys get HALF the price here, if I bought there I'd be paying double so.... it's about right.

Indeed it is almost double the price in the UK - we always wait till we fly over and visit our friends in Columbus Ohio. There's always a trip out to Easton's Mall and purchase a ton of T's from A&F but mostly from Ruehl... Roll on February for our next visit over :smile: