a few PA questions

rip11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have had my PA for about 3 years and love it....i was pierced at 12 gauge and have been at a 10 gauge for about the last year. I seem to be most comfortable wearing a captive bead ring, although i have only tried a curved bar bell once, i didn't like it because it kept on going inside. i dont plan on streching to a huge gauge, but i would like to move up to an 8 gauge...
so here's the questions i have....how do you guys bend the ring for insertion? i have had hell trying to bend these rings to put them in, or take them out and it seems like the larger the gauge the harder it gets, and using a pair of pliers with band-aids wrapped around the ends along with a soft cloth still scratches the ring.....secondly is there a good place online to purchase jewelry?...i've made a few purchases from www.tribalectic.com and they seem to be good....and i was also wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for jewelry thats good for daily wear other than a CBR....thanks for the help.

prepky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
not sure why you are needing to bend the rings unless your bottom exit hole is place way back on your shaft....i have had a PA for several years and have gone up as far as a 0g and have never had to bend a ring......i usually get my rings either here in town or order them from chaingang.com

Mogluver

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like the curved barbell as it's easier to stand whilst urinating. I have ordered from the Chain Gang and they offer good service. Here several weeks ago I bought a new 2 ga curved barbell and noticed that the threading is quite long on the barbell. A better quality barbell than my 0 ga from the Chain Gang. It was over $40 and well worth the price from a local shop. Nothing like a conservative dressed middle aged man going into a piercing shop and asking for a 2 ga curved barbell. She was taken back, told her that I wanted a new one for my PA. Well worth the look on her face. Are you having a problem inserting a captive bead ring? I curved horseshoe might be an easy option. As you move to a larger size the intensity increases.

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i currently have a 0 ga screw ball ring in. i have curved.segment,horseshoe etc. jewelry in my collection . i wear them all and like them all. it seems to me you are having a problem as i don't think you should bend your jewelry to get it in, as over time that would ruin the finish. why do you feel you need to bend it? i got most of my jewelry at chaingang.com. they're great people and you can ask them any and all questions. let us know how you are doing good luck

piercedjobbie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've got a 2ga circular barbell - stretched up from 8ga and have had no problems with putting it in or taking it out. It appears that your issue is with the pliers and removing the captive bead and then getting the ring out. It sounds like a fairly deep piercing and you just might want to ditch the captive bead and go with a circular barbell - horseshoe type.

rip11

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
thanks for the help, i was taught to bend the ring for insertion and taking it out, but i guess im the only one. i was told to not insert it into the urethera and only through the hole it was pierced in, hopefully i get it figured out. i just ordered a 8 ga. horseshoe if i can make it work maybe i'll post a pic or two for all the help.

buffbaldy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wear a 00ga Pa and it is all about the size of the diamiter of the ring, I use a threaded bead ring as I can't get the beads out above a 4ga, I had my PA pierced further back for durability, prevent tearing, and love it no problems putting it on or taking it off. I always insert it through the urethera, it is much easier and i wet it with water to make insertion easier. I like the looks of a circular barbell but I find the bead will slide into the urethera while walking and it can be uncomfortable.

Last edited:

Pdick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The only ring I had that was a captive was the original 10ga that I got when pierced. I currently wear a 00ga monster screwball ring. Very comfy, no sharp edges anywhere on it, no gaps to get caught in, very easy in and out. It's much easier to go thru the urethral side of the hole than from the outside.