A few things about our new prez.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ONCE MORE---the SUPREME COURT HAS RULED ON THE SECOND AMMENDMENT.

NO ONE CAN DISARM AMERICA.

At this historic moment, please, you shithead racist and right wing extremist asses... just shut the fuck up for a week or two, willya?

Someone needs to remind a few people of this fact - the ones who are saying "OOH He's going to take our guns away from us!" :rolleyes: Not gonna happen - even if we wanted it to (which I don't, by the way...)

That's the thing. I think I speak for a lot of Obama supporters when I say: If McCain had won, I would have said: Wow, a truly honorable and heroic man is our president. I may disagree with him on economic policies, but I have no doubt he will always do what he thinks is best for our country.

But way too many McCain supporters act as though we have put some kind of traitor or communist in the White House. McCain even had to chastise some of his own supporters during his gracious and patriotic concession speech last night.

He had to do that during his campaign too. I'll give him props for that.

It is you people who won't give Obama a chance, won't accept him as our president before he even takes the oath, that are unpatriotic and unAmerican.

I'd be disappointed but if McCain had won, I'd be hoping and praying that he lives out his term - I could have dealt with him but the idea of a President Palin scares me to death!

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's the thing. I think I speak for a lot of Obama supporters when I say: If McCain had won, I would have said: Wow, a truly honorable and heroic man is our president. I may disagree with him on economic policies, but I have no doubt he will always do what he thinks is best for our country.

But way too many McCain supporters act as though we have put some kind of traitor or communist in the White House. McCain even had to chastise some of his own supporters during his gracious and patriotic concession speech last night.

It is you people who won't give Obama a chance, won't accept him as our president before he even takes the oath, that are unpatriotic and unAmerican.

Amen. I was sitting in class today waiting to take a test and my friend whom I've known for 7 years, out of nowhere, randomly said "I can't believe we have a black, Muslim president." I about shit a brick. I asked her if she was serious. Her response, "His middle name is Hussein, he's a fucking Muslim" There was so much wrong with that statement I didn't even know what to say. The only thing I could utter was "You need to shut the fuck up before you really start pissing me off." It's fucking disgraceful that people like this are everywhere now, everywhere. Thank you GOP for dividing our country and adding to the illogical beliefs of many of your followers. I will never call her my friend again, it's fucking shameful, and these people deserve to be repetitively hit in the face with a 2x4.

Last edited:

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
No, but it is suspect.

As for me being racist, I don't think I am; but you should probably ask somebody else. I know! Ask my white, boyfriend. :biggrin1:

Well that's kinda my point, I didn't vote for Obama, however my write-in vote was someone "of the same race". And my girlfriend is Cape Verdean So if I voice my opinions of Obama that is negative, am I racist?

Now for all I know the OP maybe racist, however the content of the post doesn't have racial undertones. My point being is, if you want unity and equality, you cannot whip out the race card based on suspicion alone. I'm also not suggesting there are not reasons to be suspect of people based on history, however, as a whole calling non-racist people out as such based on suspicion is going to divide more than unify this country.

Obama needed the white vote to win, obviously, however not all people that voted against him is racist. But from one of your older posts, you mentioned something along the lines of "any black person that doesn't vote for Obama isn't a real black person" or something along those lines. Why can't someone vote based on what effects them directly regarding their views and lifestyle. IMO this mentallity does nothing but divide us just as much as the people that try to bring Obama down based on his skin color.

Besides, if anything, this country is sexist more than racist since Hillary couldn't beat him :tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone needs to remind a few people of this fact - the ones who are saying "OOH He's going to take our guns away from us!" :rolleyes: Not gonna happen - even if we wanted it to (which I don't, by the way...)
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.:biggrin1:
I'd be disappointed but if McCain had won, I'd be hoping and praying that he lives out his term - I could have dealt with him but the idea of a President Palin scares me to death!
OMG! That is so true! As much as I have loathed Bush from day one, the thought of a President Dick Cheyney is terrifying to me.

javyn

Experimental Member
Media
Jeeze don't you all know by now black people cannot be racist no matter what they do? Just like whitey is evil and racist no matter what he does.

Yesterday's oppressed make today's oppressors.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Amen. I was sitting in class today waiting to take a test and my friend whom I've known for 7 years, out of nowhere, randomly said "I can't believe we have a black, Muslim president." I about shit a brick. I asked her if she was serious. Her response, "His middle name is Hussein, he's a fucking Muslim" There was so much wrong with that statement I didn't even know what to say. The only thing I could utter was "You need to shut the fuck up before you really start pissing me off." It's fucking disgraceful that people like this are everywhere now, everywhere. Thank you GOP for dividing out country and adding to the illogical beliefs of many of your followers. I will never call her my friend again, it's fucking shameful, and these people deserved to be repetitively hit in the face with a 2x4.

Oh...........come.............on. Everywhere?

Yeah because the 10% of the African population carried Obama to office. And not all of the people that voted for McCain did so soley because Obama is Half Black. Yes, people making that statement are non-educated and ignorant, however I think the election semi-proves that it isn't widespread.

I personally believe that if Obama was white and he made it past Hillary he still would have won regardless of his color. People really need to stop blaming the GOP that everything bad in the world is there fault. That perception is as ignorant as the statement your "friend" made.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll ask again, if people voice descent towards Obama is that going to automatically mark them racist.

No, but it is suspect.

Why would criticism a black politician on his political activities be suspected of stemming from racism?

Did you oppose Bush's political actions soley because he was white?

Last edited:

B_24065

1st Like
Media

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
I only have an issue with one statement he made in that video, which was "slow our development of future combat systems". This to me is being very irresponsible and scares me to death. Nukes, missles in space etc is one thing, I'm curious on what else he considers "future combat systems".

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.:biggrin1:
OMG! That is so true! As much as I have loathed Bush from day one, the thought of a President Dick Cheyney is terrifying to me.

Yep, I mentioned that because a friend thinks Obama is going to take our guns away from us. I don't have a gun myself but I have no problem with law abiding people having one. Another friend gets it - he likes guns but was for Obama - he knows that our guns won't be taken away from us (unless we go and commit crimes with them! But that would supposedly happen no matter who was president.)

I find Cheney scary in a different way from how I find Palin scary. Palin scares me in the same way that Huckabee did, because of her extreme religious right views, although she appears to be more comparable overall to Dan Quayle than Huckabee (And Dan Quayle scared me too - and I'm from Indiana! He was one of the reasons I wanted to be able to vote in 1980 but I was only 17 at the time. :biggrin1: That was when he was first running for senator...)

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh...........come.............on. Everywhere?

Yeah because the 10% of the African population carried Obama to office. And not all of the people that voted for McCain did so soley because Obama is Half Black. Yes, people making that statement are non-educated and ignorant, however I think the election semi-proves that it isn't widespread.

I personally believe that if Obama was white and he made it past Hillary he still would have won regardless of his color. People really need to stop blaming the GOP that everything bad in the world is there fault. That perception is as ignorant as the statement your "friend" made.

Yes, everywhere. Look, the GOP is largely responsible for many people believing Obama is a Muslim and a terrorist. There's no denying it, the proof is in the speeches at their (mainly Palin's) rallies. Referencing his middle in their speeches was a direct attempt to portray him as a Muslim. Ranting about Bill Ayers in their speeches was a direct attempt to link Obama with terrorism. Deny it all you want, but it happend, and it did have an effect on people's judgment

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, everywhere. Look, the GOP is largely responsible for many people believing Obama is a Muslim and a terrorist. There's no denying it, the proof is in the speeches at their (mainly Palin's) rallies. Referencing his middle in their speeches was a direct attempt to portray him as a Muslim. Ranting about Bill Ayers in their speeches was a direct attempt to link Obama with terrorism. Deny it all you want, but it happend, and it did have an effect on people's judgment

Hey Obama himself said on camera he was Muslim lol, not that it matters I'm just saying he said it.

If someone is going to believe things that the GOP said or didn't say, they were going to think that way anyways, it has nothing to do with the GOP. These people are closed minded and too lazy to do their own research and would have thought this anyway just based on Obama's name. The GOP didn't need to push them, this is about closed minded people, not a politcal party.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey Obama himself said on camera he was Muslim lol, not that it matters I'm just saying he said it.

If someone is going to believe things that the GOP said or didn't say, they were going to think that way anyways, it has nothing to do with the GOP. These people are closed minded and too lazy to do their own research and would have thought this anyway just based on Obama's name. The GOP didn't need to push them, this is about closed minded people, not a politcal party.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I just can't help to feel that what was said in certain speeches added to the fuel of misconception. Sure, these people are obviously close minded and don't do any research on their own, which is why I feel the GOP is somewhat responsible for these viewpoints. Since these people don't do research for themselves, they just believe whatever they hear during a speech, especially when a candidate is speaking, and accept it as fact. Regardless, the race is over and these people aren't going to become any brighter, so I guess it's time to stop looking at what happend and move on

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but I just can't help to feel that what was said in certain speeches added to the fuel of misconception. Sure, these people are obviously close minded and don't do any research on their own, which is why I feel the GOP is somewhat responsible for these viewpoints. Since these people don't do research for themselves, they just believe whatever they hear during a speech, especially when a candidate is speaking, and accept it as fact. Regardless, the race is over and these people aren't going to become any brighter, so I guess it's time to stop looking at what happend and move on
Even with all the facts I find people won't believe you from both sides of the fence. Plus what is the truth when it's spun from every direction. Also you have to take into account the person's interpretation to what he or she saw or heard of what happened.

cincin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wow, first time in my life that I've been called a racist. It has never happened before. I work in an office where I'm the "minority". A male from Africa, two african american women and a woman whose parents are from Pakistan. This just amazes me with what I put out there got this type of response. I was even called a douchebag. You would think this person knows me better then he thinks he does.

What some people forget here is that opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

All I wanted was a discussion maybe over some things I had seen but instead ignorance stood in my way.
I am not stupid person but I am being called that. My feelings on him have nothing to with with race. It has to do with my feeling that If that is so then let Obama prove me wrong in my stupidity, I will more then willing to stand up and

cincin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
....oops, damn cat jumped on the keyboard.

to continue...

It has to do with my feeling that he's always been able to pawn off big responsibility. Someone to shoulder the blame. Is he really ready at this point in time to take control? I don't know but....I don't think so. If I'm wrong then let him prove it. Maybe he will pull us all together. That would be great. Also if I am wrong I will be more then willing to stand up and stay, "I was wrong and I'm sorry for my doubts about you."

by the way who the hell is Trinity?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why would criticism a black politician on his political activities be suspected of stemming from racism?

Did you oppose Bush's political actions soley because he was white?

This isn't parallel: The link in the original post wasn't a criticism of Obama's political actions; it was an attack on the facts surrounding his birth.

If someone on here kept on harping and harping and harping about how George W. Bush doesn't sound like he was born in Connecticut, so he must be hiding something; and even after having been shown a mountain of proof refused to believe it; I'd start to suspect prejudice.

It'd be hard to identify what prejudice that may be: our country has a long history of prejudice against black people, but not against white people, so I might not necessarily suspect racism as the specific prejudice without more information.

ktnguy

Experimental Member
Media
Wait, lefties! I thought "Dissent is Patriotic." So since I dissent from the thugocracy that will soon be in the White House, that should make me very patriotic. Shouldn't it?