A fine analysis of the current misinformation campaign

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, that guy is hitting the panic button, eh?

I agree that some of the stuff that Beck and Palin come up with is kinda 'out there.'

But if this guy is so relentless in his pursuit of the truth, I wonder why he hasn't caught on to any of the lies/misinformation that have come about from our CIC?

I'm wondering which of the two divergent worlds this guy Schweitzer belongs to.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should identify the lie(s) you're referring to. You're making an assertion that you have not defended.

I've listed dozens of them in other threads. I don't want to take this one off on a tangent. The author is having a fit about the underwear bomber vs. Richard Reid and suggest that the 'right' is creating a make-believe world which people are buying in to.

That phenonenon - getting people to buy into a load of horseshit - is the very strategy by which the POTUS erected his presidential campaign, i.e., closing Gitmo, pulling out of Iraq, televising debates on bills, 'shovel ready jobs,' and so on. A fabrication/misinformation world - in which he engaged an entire group of sheep in order to achieve his political goal.

It is no different than the 'ploy' that Schweitzer proclaims to be so enraged about. Only....since Beck/Palin's ploy promotes the ideology of the right, it is 'foul play.' Obama did exactly the same thing; however, the self-righteous harbinger of morality, Mr. Schweitzer, is suspiciously forgiving/forgetful of that minor detail.

I think its a joke that people believe some of the BS that Beck and Palin spew. It is no different than the same phenomenon occuring on the left.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

Without being drug into a distractive discussion about the validity of the previous poster's usual laundry list of perceived 'lies' - I would just like to point out that he is comparing what he perceives as yet unfulfilled campaign promises to lies about constitutional underpinnings that threaten the very framework of our democracy.

In other words, comparing apples to horseshit.

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
is comparing what he perceives as yet unfulfilled campaign promises to lies about constitutional underpinnings that threaten the very framework of our democracy.

In other words, comparing apples to horseshit.

Is that what that is? Unfulfilled campaign promises?

Televising bills on C*Span - instead holding closed-door meetings in which republicans are shut out? That's an unfulfulled promise? When was he planning on instituting this, in the last month of his term?

Pulling out of Iraq? Yes, I'm sure that sometime in the next century we will eventually pull out of Iraq. Unfulfilled promise I'm sure.

Closing Gitmo? How's that going, Max?

"I will keep lobbyists out of the White House." Is that an unfulfilled promise, Max? The Cabinet is chock-full of former lobbyists. Will he fire and re-staff those positions soon in order to fulfull that promise?

"No more earmarks." How's that unfulfilled promise going, Max? The last bill had thousands of earmarks. Will this promise be fulfilled with the next bill?

Put a sock in it.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Without being drug into a distractive discussion about the validity of the previous poster's usual laundry list of perceived 'lies' . . . . horseshit.

Sorry basement boy, I have my own laundry to do.

Put a sock in it.

I always lose one of those. Wonder where they go?

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

From Schweitzer:

"How do we argue with a castle in the sky? This invention, this malleable reality, this invisible straw man, gives the GOP enormous advantage in the battle for truth because they simply redefine truth as a matter of convenience to fit the need of the moment. . . . They create their own reality out of thin air; and then their followers accept the new version as gospel."

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Wow, that guy is hitting the panic button, eh?

I agree that some of the stuff that Beck and Palin come up with is kinda 'out there.'

But if this guy is so relentless in his pursuit of the truth, I wonder why he hasn't caught on to any of the lies/misinformation that have come about from our CIC?

I'm wondering which of the two divergent worlds this guy Schweitzer belongs to.

Poor Starpooper:

The author is clearly interested in the actual reality, the one based on truth and reasoning and not the other one of Cheney-Palin-Beck Orwellian double-speak.

If you actually read the article, you should have paid closer attention. Not only is it an OpEd piece, it is also a well-written, concise essay. The author:
  • introduces a premise/thesis
  • enlarges upon it with specific definitions
  • presents arguments to support his thesis
  • backs up his arguments with clear examples
  • presents two summaries of two different outcomes: 1. truth based on reason, or 2. lies based on fabrication and make-believe.

Uh. . . what part of that didn't you get?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Poor Starpooper:

The author is clearly interested in the actual reality, the one based on truth and reasoning and not the other one of Cheney-Palin-Beck Orwellian double-speak.

If you actually read the article, you should have paid closer attention. Not only is it an OpEd piece, it is also a well-written, concise essay. The author:
  • introduces a premise/thesis
  • enlarges upon it with specific definitions
  • presents arguments to support his thesis
  • backs up his arguments with clear examples
  • presents two summaries of two different outcomes: 1. truth based on reason, or 2. lies based on fabrication and make-believe.
Uh. . . what part of that didn't you get?

I didn't get why his expose'/dissertation omitted The Great Misinformer's existence in the world of fabrication and make-believe.:smile:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I didn't get why his expose'/dissertation omitted The Great Misinformer's existence in the world of fabrication and make-believe.:smile:

Ah, then you're referring to that imaginary friend of yours, the one you rail, vent, and snort about while licking the buttocks of of Cheney-Palin-Beck. Yes, that makes perfect sense. I forgot for a moment that you're part of the magical political unicorn movement. :smile:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, then you're referring to that imaginary friend of yours, the one you rail, vent, and snort about while licking the buttocks of of Cheney-Palin-Beck. Yes, that makes perfect sense. I forgot for a moment that you're part of the magical political unicorn movement. :smile:

K.:smile:

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That phenonenon - getting people to buy into a load of horseshit - is the very strategy by which the POTUS erected his presidential campaign, i.e., closing Gitmo, pulling out of Iraq, televising debates on bills, 'shovel ready jobs,' and so on. A fabrication/misinformation world - in which he engaged an entire group of sheep in order to achieve his political goal.
Huh? I guess after having the most secretive president our country has ever seen, it must be confusing to see Obama attempt to be transparent in his actions. Is Gitmo closed? Not yet, but it's the stated goal. Pulling out of Iraq? Soon. Televising debates on bills? Oh my! Transparency! Demonstrates that the GOP can't defend its position on whatever the issue is and is acting in bad faith. Shovel ready-jobs? I'm watching highway construction take place that is funded by the stimulus. If you're going to take shots at the president, at least base your arguments on things you can demonstrate that the rest of can't easily dismiss.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Huh? I guess after having the most secretive president our country has ever seen, it must be confusing to see Obama attempt to be transparent in his actions. Is Gitmo closed? Not yet, but it's the stated goal. Pulling out of Iraq? Soon. Televising debates on bills? Oh my! Transparency! Demonstrates that the GOP can't defend its position on whatever the issue is and is acting in bad faith. Shovel ready-jobs? I'm watching highway construction take place that is funded by the stimulus. If you're going to take shots at the president, at least base your arguments on things you can demonstrate that the rest of can't easily dismiss.

You didn't dismiss anything.

Gitmo opened indefinitely.
Still in Iraq for as long as the eye can see.
No debates have been televised.
Shovel-ready jobs my ass. Unemployment over 10%, heading higher. The construction jobs you are seeing aren't a result of the stimulus.
What about lobbyists in the WH?
What about no earmarks?