A flat tummy. Need advice from muscled, toned, ripped, good-looking bodybuilders here

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, first of all, I do mean what I said in the title above...

Secondly, I am so confused man. I would like to have a flat tummy, and I have been sitting up, but then more and more I heard and learned that sitting up is only for the muscle at the gut area, not really to burn fat.

I have tried googling but then there's this like a lot of varieties of advices and tips, until it doesn't make sense anymore. So, need real advice from real people here. What is the best way to burn fat in tummy and thigh area? I don't really have much of those equipments you guys use, so can jogging alone do the job?

I don't really want muscle, what I want is to burn the fat because it looks annoying... lol.. The previous threads only talked about how to build muscles...and I don't need to go to doctor, because it's not critical yet, as suggested in one previous thread.

Thank you so much...

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You can't spot lose. You have to decrease the body fat for your entire body. The good news is men tend to store fat around the waist, so you should see the greatest change there.

You need to run, swim, bike, anything that gets your heart rate up.

If you don't want to get bulky, then use lighter weights and do high reps.

One last thing. Strengthen your back. It will help hold in your stomach and also helps with better posture, which is another reason guy's stomachs hang out.

Edit: Here is a good site for exercises
http://www.shapefit.com/workout-routines.html

Last edited:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
100 crunches a day and a diet low in fat does it for me!

Thank you! Will try that... But crunches are for muscles right?

You can't spot lose. You have to decrease the body fat for your entire body. The good news is men tend to store fat around the waist, so you should see the greatest change there.

One last thing. Strengthen your back. It will help hold in your stomach and also helps with better posture, which is another reason guy's stomachs hang out.

Workout Routines - Fitness Workouts To Get You In Shape!

I really can't thank you enough... :) It's a good website though...

D_Ernest Porknine

Experimental Member
Media
As others said... you can't spot reduce. To lose bodyfat you have to eat less or burn more calories or a combination of BOTH to create a calorie deficet. A proper diet is the key, however it also involves a lifestyle change of eating habits if you want to remain slim and trim.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's the roti canai and the white rice. Cut them out!

Plain white rice has a G.I. close to refined sugar. Go for Basmati.

Also your drinks: order them "kurang manis" ;)

Whoa! I'm intrigued...!

*refocusing...

Okay, so white rice is not really good right? Ok, will try to avoid that too...

*Back to being intrigued...

How the hell did you know about roti canai and kurang manis?? You've been here?

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've done several expeditions into the M'sian mountain rainforest in the period 2002-2007, and was involved with a rehabilitation project in some of the national parks. Also, I've done quite a few trips to Borneo.

I have to say, I found eating in the M'sian cities to be challenging. The food was sometimes quite tasty, but very unhealthy: lots of oil and white rice and sugary drinks.

However, my favourite food when I was in Tawow (deliberately misspelt so that this doesn't show up in a search engine) was Ikan Bakar with sambal chilli, and I loved the teh o ais limau, kurang manis, on a hot day :umbrella:
(Excuse the spelling)

This meal was delicious as well as being heathly. I came back from those trips with about 9% body fat. But these were hardcore expeditions, with 16 hours of virtually non-stop activity per day. Its hard to maintain that in an urban setting!

Last edited:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've done several expeditions into the M'sian mountain rainforest in the period 2002-2007, and was involved with a rehabilitation project in some of the national parks. Also, I've done quite a few trips to Borneo.

I have to say, I found eating in the M'sian cities to be challenging. The food was sometimes quite tasty, but very unhealthy: lots of oil and white rice and sugary drinks.

However, my favourite food when I was in Tawow (deliberately misspelt so that this doesn't show up in a search engine) was Ikan Bakar with sambal chilli, and I loved the teh o ais limau, kurang manis, on a hot day :umbrella:
(Excuse the spelling)

This meal was delicious as well as being heathly. I came back from those trips with about 9% body fat. But these were hardcore expeditions, with 16 hours of virtually non-stop activity per day. Its hard to maintain that in an urban setting!

Sounds like you had fun! Glad that my country has given you the enjoyment.

Best advice to avoid getting a tummy: don't age.

Now, if you want to know how not to age, I got zero suggestions.

aww, Joe, having hard time ageing?

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
for Lopo,

This was a white water trip in northern Thailand with my ex gf. I was about 10.5 to 11% body fat here, as measured when I got back to the city, by a friend who was a fitness instructor.

Um, how did you measure your fat again? Is there a device or something? or can it be approximately measured just like that? If that flat tummy of yours is 11%, I don't want to know about mine :dot:

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There were two methods he used. One was a caliper on the skin of the tummy, arm and back. The other method was a electrical resistivity test (two thumbs on a small machine). These results were plotted against height and weight. Quite simple, altogether about 5 mins to do.

Strontium

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lopo,
answering your private question about the grilled fish.

Here's a pic. We caught a few of these off Pulau Mabul, while taking a respite from the scuba diving at Sipadan.

Really yummy. I think they are called ikarn putay in Malay. (again Ive deliberately misspelt, but I think you'll know what I am talking about).

-
The Americans on this site will recognise them as a relative of Pompano. Caranx ignobilis is the scientific name.

Attachments

Last edited:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lopo,
answering your private question about the grilled fish.

Here's a pic. We caught a few of these off Pulau Mabul, while taking a respite from the scuba diving at Sipadan.

Really yummy. I think they are called ikarn putay in Malay. (again Ive deliberately misspelt, but I think you'll know what I am talking about).

-
The Americans on this site will recognise them as a relative of Pompano. Caranx ignobilis is the scientific name.

Sounds delicious :)

builder10

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Workout Routines - Fitness Workouts To Get You In Shape!

** This is all good advice. Spot on... **

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's nothing wrong with having some muscle difinition on your stomach. A six pack is desirable. That is what I would like to have. It requires hard work and eating right. I am 5'6", weigh 143 pounds. I wear
size 29-30 inch trousers, but don't have a six pack. I need to work out harder and cut out pizza. During spring of '09 I weighed 137 pounds. I can do 400+ crunches if I want to. I usually do 300 when I go to the gym. Go for the six pack!
nicecircjob

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would love to but it requires life commitment or your tummy will look even uglier... For me, it'll be enough to just burn the fat and look trimmer... :)