A foreskin question?

nat01

1st Like
Media
Hey guys, new to the forum.
This may sound like a stupid question, I'm 18 and I'm having some problems with my foreskin.
Although I can pull my skin back no problem when soft, I do have a little difficulty pulling it back when hard. I know there's a name for the condition - as I've read about it on the site. I can pull it back with very minimal pain, and have no problems with the actual foreskin. This is not my question, I'm just setting up my situation.

My real problem is the head of my penis. When the head is exposed, it's very sensitive to touch, to the point that if it is not lubed up and I touch it with my finger and pull it off, it hurts. Also, in the shower if the water falls directly on the head, it hurts. I know it must be let out in the air for it to gain.. sort of a skin on the head, instead of having it like it is now. (see pic) As you can see, the head does not have much of a "coating" on it, like other penis heads do.

My question is - if I let the foreskin slide back over my head, and allow my penis head to "air out" and gain that kind of overskin that other penises have on it, how long should I "air it out" for? Is there any risk to leaving the foreskin behind the head for hours on end, or before it rolls back over the head of my dick?

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks to your replies.

Attachments

Reactions: Summer of 1973
S

SirConcis

Whenever you are naked, keep the foreksin retracted to expose the head to the air. Whenever you piss, retract skin while pissing and try to put it back in underwear still retracted (it will cover back on its own).

During puberty, most males will have the head exposed long enough to have it switch from "so sensitive it hurts to touch it" to "pleasantly sensitive so it is fun to play with".

Those with long foreksins who do not retract the skin during erections will not have that glans maturatioh process and the glans remains in its child sensitivity where it is not pleasurable to touch.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Each time when you are going to jack off, pull your foreskin back before you are hard... Let it stretch out behind your glans (cockhead), as you warm up stroking. Don't force it over your glans as you stroke for now... let the "ring" of skin gently adjust to the girth of your shaft when you are hard.

If you do this consistently, the natural elasticity of your foreskin will adapt to the size of your hardon and will be easier and a hell of a lot more fun to jack with. In time it will be easier to either cover your glans when needed or leave it exposed when you want it to "air out", or as you wish, "desensitize". You will be in control of your cockhead's sensitivity, when you have that choice of being covered or not.
And, sex with another will also be more in your control and more enjoyable.

Be warned, getting cut will only leave you with one choice: Constant exposure.

Onan

Last edited:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
nat01, the term you might have seen in the threads is phimosis. Determining whether someone has that is subjective and, i/m/o, should only be rendered by a physician who's examined the penis.

I don't think brief exposure to air will affect sensitivity a great deal. To get a substantial effect, you'd need to keep it exposed essentially 24x7 for a week or so.

Jonathan2/11

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ya u should just try and leave the foreskin back for 30 min to an hour just to get used to the feel of having it back and when u masterbate play with the foreskin when ur soft pull it back and try to get hard but if it hurts just pull it back over the head

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
Each time when you are going to jack off, pull your foreskin back before you are hard... Let it stretch out behind your glans (cockhead), as you warm up stroking. Don't force it over your glans as you stroke for now... let the "ring" of skin gently adjust to the girth of your shaft when you are hard.

If you do this consistently, the natural elasticity of your foreskin will adapt to the size of your hardon and will be easier and a hell of a lot more fun to jack with. In time it will be easier to either cover your glans when needed or leave it exposed when you want it to "air out", or as you wish, "desensitize". You will be in control of your cockhead's sensitivity, when you have that choice of being covered or not.
And, sex with another will also be more in your control and more enjoyable.

Be warned, getting cut will only leave you with one choice: Constant exposure.

Onan

Excellent answer. Not much more I can add to it, really, but here goes:

When I started masturbating, my foreskin never went below the head, and to be honest, I didn't know it COULD. So, you can imagine, shortly thereafter when I had a "growth spurt" so-to-speak, I was surprised when my foreskin started retracting on its own. What happened to me, is that my glans grew a LOT and it forced the foreskin to be retracted permanently, and although at first I was constantly having to readjust myself due to discomfort, I became desensitized quickly enough, and masturbating (and intercoruse) now, as onan mentioned, is WONDERFUL.
So taking Onan's advice is a good way to start I think.:cool:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sensitive to dry touch? Hurts when hit with pressurized water?

That's all totally normal, dude. I wouldn't worry about it.

tepidmarksman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i have the same situation.. i wouldn't call it a problem, though. when i'm inside someone there is little to no oversensitivity and only if i bang the living crap out of them for an hour do i feel even remotely sore. i personally like it as sensitive as it is, my only regret being that some folks like to suck on the bare head and i just can't handle that at all. the coating of the head you mentioned is basically a form of scar tissue and i would not consider it a natural progression to an 'adult stage' glans, more a form of wear and tear that happens over time for most folks who do not have long foreskins. i would greatly advise against circumcision of any kind, but if you absolutely must, make sure the frenulum remains intact and remember that a lot of doctors in the US will circumcize at the drop of a hat. weigh your options and consider that rushing the maturation process of your glans may desensitize you faster than you can get used to it. sudden.. and PERMANENT.. loss of sensitivity is not something i would consider a necessary stage for a penis, so take it slowly and carefully so you do not end up regretting a decision you can never, ever reverse.

I used to desensitize mine under the shower with running water, cant remember which way hurt less, hard or soft, but i just put up with it night after night until it got less painful. I used to try and keep retracted in underwear but it would always slide itself back forward, but boxer breifs tended to help if I tucked it down a leg. It could take 3-4 months before you can just touch and poke it without getting too much pain/sensitivity.

S

SirConcis

During normal development, the glans ends up being exposed for many minutes per day (erections, washing and in teens: masturbation. This completes the glans' development. While it toughens due to exposure to air, you may noticed increased production of smegma as the skin begins to keratinise after whioch you will find you produce much less smegma than before. During puberty, most (uncut) males go through a period where smegma production is increased while the glans transforms itself.

A glans that is never exposed to the air doesn't undergo this subtle transformation and retains its childhood configuration. As long as it is cofered by foreksin, its extra sensitivity isn't a problem, but when it is exposed, it can be painful to touch.

Those who get cut in their 20s because their foreksin never retracted will find they also undergo a period where their glans shed skin (excep as circumcised males, this is more like dead skin rubbing off instead of accumulating under foreksin.)

You just need to retract your foreksin fully as often as possible, for as long as convenient. With time, you will find yor glans will complete its maturation and become pleasurable instead of painful.

Also remember not to wash with soap under your foreksin. This will irritate the skin, especially if you don't rinse 200% completely and this will make your glans even more sensitive (due to irritation).

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
During normal development, the glans ends up being exposed for many minutes per day (erections, washing and in teens: masturbation. This completes the glans' development. While it toughens due to exposure to air, you may noticed increased production of smegma as the skin begins to keratinise after whioch you will find you produce much less smegma than before. During puberty, most (uncut) males go through a period where smegma production is increased while the glans transforms itself.
I don't believe most of that.
A glans that is never exposed to the air doesn't undergo this subtle transformation and retains its childhood configuration. As long as it is cofered by foreksin, its extra sensitivity isn't a problem, but when it is exposed, it can be painful to touch.
I totally don't believe the "transformation" assertion.
Those who get cut in their 20s because their foreksin never retracted will find they also undergo a period where their glans shed skin (excep as circumcised males, this is more like dead skin rubbing off instead of accumulating under foreksin.)
A change in the rate of shedding skin? I think not.

Last edited:

BoyCordoba

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to have the same kind of over-sensitive glans issue when your age. With time, masturbation and sex it all changed. I wouldn't make a big deal of it.

At first, having sex was a painful experience for my glans, now it's just pleasurable and a great thing to do. Having someone give you a lot of oral sex helps too :)

ShawnMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
go to the Pharmacy and get some Monistat, the female yeast infection medicine.. its a cream. I may have spelled it wrong, but you'll find it.. It should clear up in a day or two.. 99%

RGZ

Just Browsing
Media
I had the same problem before.
This what you should do:
- When peeing, pull back the foreskin everytime
- When in the shower, let the water drip down (warm water will be best)
- When you going to sleep, pull back the foreskin so you can get use to it
- When jacking, pull it back when its soft then when your dick gets hard and it hurts, just pull it back up

scruffylookin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yup all good advice on here so far, sensitivity will decrease with exposure, retracting the skin whle masterbating or more frequently in general should help. If none of this improves as always see a heathcare professional.

tlbuncut5

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First off...The Foreskin is there to protect the Glans, and keep it moist. Ever notice the dry almost leather look of guys that were cut?. You dont want that. I had you same problem, but with a lot of masterbation and sex things will get better. My foreskin was very tight, and I didnt know there was a Glans under it. Imagine my surprise the first time I retracted it all the way and my head popped out. A dr told me to streatch it out few times a day and It would retract all the way. I did and not one problem since. Another thing, never....never wash your Glans with soap. That will dry it out faster than anything. I retract my foreskin and rinse with clear water. Never soap. Please feel free to email me with any foreskin questions.

Maarcusfree

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey guys, new to the forum.
This may sound like a stupid question, I'm 18 and I'm having some problems with my foreskin.
Although I can pull my skin back no problem when soft, I do have a little difficulty pulling it back when hard. I know there's a name for the condition - as I've read about it on the site. I can pull it back with very minimal pain, and have no problems with the actual foreskin. This is not my question, I'm just setting up my situation.

My real problem is the head of my penis. When the head is exposed, it's very sensitive to touch, to the point that if it is not lubed up and I touch it with my finger and pull it off, it hurts. Also, in the shower if the water falls directly on the head, it hurts. I know it must be let out in the air for it to gain.. sort of a skin on the head, instead of having it like it is now. (see pic) As you can see, the head does not have much of a "coating" on it, like other penis heads do.

My question is - if I let the foreskin slide back over my head, and allow my penis head to "air out" and gain that kind of overskin that other penises have on it, how long should I "air it out" for? Is there any risk to leaving the foreskin behind the head for hours on end, or before it rolls back over the head of my dick?

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks to your replies.

If you can pull back your skin like you show on your photo you do not have something called pryapism, when a guy can not pull the skin at all.